• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

Axis

eissan said:
oh your back!! well how about saturday then? or maybe even tonight?

whatever you guys wanna work out i'm down with...i'll have to play all damn day to get back in the groove regardless haha

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
TurtleSnatcher said:
damn you for living in Hawaii! :lol
Jealous? :D Heheh, sorry, I haven't been on Live in a while, for some reason I've had to go to quite a few parties in the last few days. I guess it can't really be helped when one of my good friends is getting married soon.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Posting from phone. Let's decide on a time for Sunday so Adnan can come over.
eissan said:
well if possiable I'd like to do it around 9pm CST?
Yeah, Sunday is fine. I'll make time for whenever is most convenient for the rest of you.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh. The Artbooks are so0000000 nice.

Some more stuff being thrown into the people getting something pool.

2q88qgw.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Rentahamster said:
You never know. Maybe you get an artbook for beating AkumaH.

I hope. Pray. Desire. Wish. Beg. Anything for an artbook... in fact when I joined the tourney that was my aim :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Saqs, Renta, Flex and Vegeta are the only people getting stuff thus far.

Saqs and Renta for both the only achievement applying and Flex and Vegeta for being helpful.

I'll be dividing achievement stuff between them and the winners of the tourney.

And If I'm feeling right, I'll be running a PS3 tourney next.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Kadey said:

Saqs and Renta for both the only achievement applying and Flex and Vegeta for being helpful.

*cries in a corner*

I tried =(

TurtleSnatcher said:
i'm down for 10pm.. i think adnan is at a wedding.. so will prob reply late tonight or tomorrow..

10pm is good, i MIGHT be a lil late though just depending on how late they keep me, but I should be able to make 10pm

Flek

Banned
Kadey said:

i hope iam this flex guy <3 ;) :D

Aight. Adnan is playing from Buktooth/JOPs place so I will just invite him into a normal team based game so we dont have to go through the endless battle BS.

Yay.

eissan

TurtleSnatcher said:
Aight. Adnan is playing from Buktooth/JOPs place so I will just invite him into a normal team based game so we dont have to go through the endless battle BS.

Yay.

hey are we just doing best 2 out of 3 sets or like the previous round best out of 5?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
eissan said:
gg's renta your insane!! you guys deserve the win.

final score 3-2 for their team.
Good shit guys. Came down to the last man.

Srsly, gutabo's got some mad skills to pull off the Honda combos he did with all that latency. Very impressive.

gutabo

Congrats to the winners: Team APGOB beats Team Cobra Kai 3-2!!!
Great games everyone! If you don't beat team JJF I will personally stalk you for ever!!!
A big group hug to Axis and Eissan, it was fun until it lasted. I'm sorry I wasn't available the last 2 weeks for training, real life beat the crap out of me.

And remember: COBRA KAI NEVER DIES!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!

eissan

gutabo said:
Congrats to the winners: Team APGOB beats Team Cobra Kai 3-2!!!
Great games everyone! If you don't beat team JJF I will personally stalk you for ever!!!
A big group hug to Axis and Eissan, it was fun until it lasted. I'm sorry I wasn't available the last 2 weeks for training, real life beat the crap out of me.

And remember: COBRA KAI NEVER DIES!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!

hey gutabo I think we owe you a apology for not pulling our weight, having to ocv them to stand a chance is alot of pressure!

hopefully we'll be able to do it again :)

Renta for mvp.. :eek:

3-2

Went down to the last match possible..

1st set

TurtleSnatcher vs Axis (Turtle Wins)
TurtleSnatcher vs Eissan (Eissan Wins)
Rentahamster vs Gutabo (Gutabo Wins)
FindMyFarms vs Gutabo (Gutabo Wins)

1st set goes to Cobra Kai

2nd set

FindMyFarms vs Axis (Farms Wins)
FindMyFarms vs Eissan (Farms Wins)
TurtleSnatcher vs Gutabo (Gutabo Wins)
Rentahamster vs Gutabo (Gutabo Wins)

2nd set goes to Cobra Kai

3rd set

Rentahamster vs Gutabo (Renta Wins)

3rd set goes to APGOB

4th set

FindMyFarms vs Gutabo *DISCONNECT*

Recreated

FindMyFarms vs Gutabo (Farms Wins)

4th set goes to APGOB

5th set

Rentahamster vs Gutabo (Renta Wins)

5th set goes to APGOB

APGOB wins it 3-2

Gutabo - You have one of the best hondas ive ever seen. Axis has a good Sakura and Eissan has a good Ryu too. Pretty beefy team. Good games.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Team Artuto Puts GAF on Blast
2vczwat.gif
VS Team Cobra Kai
zunhwy.jpg

Set 1:

Turtle (win) axis (loss)
Turtle (loss) eissan (win)
Hamster (win) eissan (loss)
Hamster (loss) gutabo (win)
Farms (loss) gutabo (win)
Team Cobra Kai wins Set 1

Set 2:
Farms (win) axis (loss)
Farms (win) eissan (loss)
Turtle (loss) gutabo (win)
Hamster (loss) gutabo (win)
Team Cobra Kai wins Set 2

Set 3:
Farms (win) axis (loss)
Hamster (win) gutabo (loss)
Team Arturo Puts GAF on Blast wins Set 3

Set4:
Farms (win) axis (loss)
Farms (win) gutabo (loss)
Team Arturo Puts GAF on Blast wins Set 4 with OCV by FindMyFarms

Set 5:
Farms (win) axis (loss)
Hamster (win) gutabo (loss)
Team Arturo Puts GAF on Blast wins Set 5 and wins, 3-2

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That was some intense shit. Too bad about the lag, I don't think I've ever seen so many suspended spectator modes before. Getting all the replays together is gonna take some work.

Hit confirms? What are those? I had to play a game called "pray to god that jumping fierce actually hit, and then mash on super" :lol

Rentahamster said:
That was some intense shit. Too bad about the lag, I don't think I've ever seen so many suspended spectator modes before. Getting all the replays together is gonna take some work.

Hit confirms? What are those? I had to play a game called "pray to god that jumping fierce actually hit, and then mash on super" :lol
yea.. i never even knew that linked with Sim..

gutabo

eissan said:
hey gutabo I think we owe you a apology for not pulling our weight, having to ocv them to stand a chance is alot of pressure!

hopefully we'll be able to do it again :)
Yeah the pressure did a number on me, I had no patience in some rounds and made some bad choices. But we had great opponents too and it was no place to choke. We had a great experience and this will only make us stronger! :D

Find: I was prepared for your Cammy, your Rog was a big surprise, you said you were going to use only cammy! </3 jk
Turtle: I just remembered you used to beat me in championship mode in vanilla, you helped me become bettter, thanks!
Renta: What can I say, man. Great games, you adjusted way faster than my adjustment to your adjustment(I hope that made sense). At least I have a P to remember (yes I'm still salty!!!!!)

Team APGOB: I hope I can play you all again with less lag(and pressure) and have some more fun!

PS: Spectator mode was funky for me since the first fight, so I have saved only my fights. When we reconnected it was WAY better(less laggy), but still I had no luck with spectator mode.

GG's everyone!

Gutabo, holy moly that was the laggiest match I've ever played *_* Believe me when I say that is not indicative at all of how my Cammy plays T_T I couldn't block any headbutts on reaction either and there'd be random spurts where all my inputs would just come 5 seconds later. I'm not even going to take credit for the match I won :lol

REGARDLESS though, I can tell that you are very talented with Honda, and someday somehow I hope we can play a real match ^_^ A pleasure playing yall again!

RENTA FOR MVP.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
gutabo said:
Renta: What can I say, man. Great games, you adjusted way faster than my adjustment to your adjustment(I hope that made sense). At least I have a P to remember (yes I'm still salty!!!!!)
Good shit, dude. That perfect you got on me was one of the biggest rapes I have ever experienced. You KO'd me in what, 10 seconds or something? :lol

Top Bottom