• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
Yo Relix/Saqs/Zlatko/eva01/n3ss/Iron E Man,

If you want me to record & upload the matches tonight, that's fine with me. I should be on tonight.

I may or may not have access to my XBox 360 come this Wednesday (June 2nd) until sometime next week. I have to house sit a friend's house for a week.

Well if you are on when we are done then we can do it =)

Gutabo/Eissan - You guys okay for a Sunday match up?

Ax will be back on Saturday so Sunday will be best probably.

Likewise Saturday there is a local tourney here that is big. Kadey said she would push back grand finals by a few days if we can mutually agree on this.

Thanks Kadey for being accommodating.

Adnan - Do you work Sunday - Can you hop over for this tourney match then?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
Sounds good, what time are guys going to rumble?

I think it was around9PM central, so 10PM EST... the fights would be done before midnight taking in consideration lateness, how long the battles take or any connection problems.

zlatko

Banned
Relix if you want to make the gathering up room in like 30 minutes+ I'd appreciate it. Just in case host connection has something to do with our lag. I'm still in ND so I might not be the best host for tonight.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
zlatko said:
Relix if you want to make the gathering up room in like 30 minutes+ I'd appreciate it. Just in case host connection has something to do with our lag. I'm still in ND so I might not be the best host for tonight.

Alright. It's about 10PM EST, at 10:30EST the room will be up

ggs probably my best match of the tourney :lol
my bad for the first set internet randomly died

Also I won't be around for the dates Kadey set up for the Grand Finals is it alright if we can do it after the 7th when I get back?

eva01

Sorry guys for being greedy and not letting you all play much. I was out for blood against Saqs. He beat me in the first SF4 tourney twice and the finals. ehhe

zlatko

Banned
And just like that our team," Justin Wong's Hair Club for Men," was bested by Eva01...and some other dudes who viewed the match on his team. :lol

Great games. Great tourney. :)

I wanna give shoutouts to Doubledowns for being delicious. Shout outs to Magus and POW. Shout outs to Kadey for setting up this awesome event and being so generous with her own money. Shout outs to Markman for being the best looking Asian man other than Daigo. :lol

Finally, and most importantly---Shout outs to Jwong's hair! :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
DryEyeRelief said:

You tell me =P. Eva truly neutralized us, hell I feel like shit because I didn't win one battle. I am not even salty, I am just reflecting on where I fucked up. Maybe it just wasn't my day, had been playing a bit shitty since the morning =P. Lag was also a factor but at the end of the day we both are having lag problems so that's no excuse.

It was just a matter of a few screw ups and concentration problems. Oh well, it still was fun. Thanks Kadey for organizing the tourney. There are problems with the replays though. Spectator mode was suspended a few times and I am lacking a big deal of them.

(btw who wants a single tourney after this is done :lol )

zlatko

Banned
Relix said:
You tell me =P. Eva truly neutralized us, hell I feel like shit because I didn't win one battle. I am not even salty, I am just reflecting on where I fucked up. Maybe it just wasn't my day, had been playing a bit shitty since the morning =P. Lag was also a factor but at the end of the day we both are having lag problems so that's no excuse.

It was just a matter of a few screw ups and concentration problems. Oh well, it still was fun. Thanks Kadey for organizing the tourney. There are problems with the replays though. Spectator mode was suspended a few times and I am lacking a big deal of them.

(btw who wants a single tourney after this is done :lol )

When Tournament DLC comes out let's set something else up. I'd like to be able to use my Adon this time around. I dropped Cody a while back to the back burner. :p

TurtleSnatcher said:
Gutabo/Eissan - You guys okay for a Sunday match up?

Ax will be back on Saturday so Sunday will be best probably.

Likewise Saturday there is a local tourney here that is big. Kadey said she would push back grand finals by a few days if we can mutually agree on this.

Thanks Kadey for being accommodating.

Adnan - Do you work Sunday - Can you hop over for this tourney match then?

No, I'm off this weekend, but I MIGHT be going to houston on sat and coming back on sunday, if that's the case then i'll just have to drop by a little late but i can come by either way

eissan

FindMyFarms said:
No, I'm off this weekend, but I MIGHT be going to houston on sat and coming back on sunday, if that's the case then i'll just have to drop by a little late but i can come by either way

sunday works for me no problem. I get in touch with gutabo to see if he's cool then too.

would be doing the sets in the afternoon or evening?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
zlatko said:
And just like that our team," Justin Wong's Hair Club for Men," was bested by Eva01...and some other dudes who viewed the match on his team. :lol
Not that surprising, actually. Eva's reeeeeaaaally good.

edit: just to clarify, not that I think your team isn't any good. You guys got a real solid team. I predicted eva would be pretty beastly against you guys but I didn't think he would be that beastly.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
zlatko said:
When Tournament DLC comes out let's set something else up. I'd like to be able to use my Adon this time around. I dropped Cody a while back to the back burner. :p
With the tournament mode DLC, would we be able to do something like a weekly or biweekly GAF ranbat session comprised of whoever can show up and stay to play for a couple hours on a given date?

gutabo

FindMyFarms said:
Eva isn't good, we
you
will crush him after we
you
take care of gutabo n crew
Heh heh, is dat fear I smell in the air? We'll see! Looking forward to fight you guys! Also, I think I can make it on sunday(morning? afternoon? evening?). Will confirm soon.

gutabo said:
Heh heh, is dat fear I smell in the air? We'll see! Looking forward to fight you guys! Also, I think I can make it on sunday(morning? afternoon? evening?). Will confirm soon.

No, I pee'd cuz I'm scared. THAT's what you're smelling, not fear :lol

Unless eva01 has the rest of your matches, I don't think it will be even worth recordIng and uploading.

How many are missing Relix?

gutabo

FindMyFarms said:
No, I pee'd cuz I'm scared. THAT's what you're smelling, not fear :lol
:D

I was thinking about organizing a weekly tournament/ranbat(online, of course), opinions plox?

eva01

I have all the matches except n3ss vs Saqs in set 1. n3ss saved it though

GGs to Saqs, Relix and Zlatko. My hand was shaking and I was trying to calm myself down during the first set.

gutabo

black_vegeta said:
That sounds like a great idea actually...

Tell me more.
Well, I can't afford prizes, but I could organize them, get people in chat rooms(like SRK people do), and if I can borrow the capture card I've been offered, upload matches and in the end, get a "gaf league" of sorts going with points, divisions, teams, events and stuff.

eva01 said:
I have all the matches except n3ss vs Saqs in set 1. n3ss saved it though

GGs to Saqs, Relix and Zlatko. My hand was shaking and I was trying to calm myself down during the first set.

Cool, I would love to get them tonight if I could? If not, I'll get them when I'm back at my home a week from now.

@gutabo

Still sounds like fun.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just realized I beat eva in the last SF4 singles tournament. God dammit that makes me more salty :lol

eva01

yeah I think you eliminated me or it was killa sasa

Results:

Team "Jab Jab Fierce" vs Team "Justin Wong's Hair Club for Men"

Set 1:

Iron E Man (loss) -- Zlatko (win)
eva01 (win) -- Zlatko (loss)
eva01 (win) -- Relix (loss)
eva01 (loss) -- Saqs (win)
n3ss (loss) -- Saqs (win)

Set 2:

eva01 (win) -- Saqs (loss)

Set 3:

Set 4:

Team "Jab Jab Fierce" wins 3-1

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Iron E Man said:
ggs probably my best match of the tourney :lol
my bad for the first set internet randomly died

Also I won't be around for the dates Kadey set up for the Grand Finals is it alright if we can do it after the 7th when I get back?

I changed the dates from 11th to 14th.

Team Barbie Girl moves on! Just like I predicted....

Good games to everyone. We'll have to wait a while for the last finals. Gutabo looks like the man to beat. This will be interesting.

Wiseblade

gutabo said:
Hey, don't underestimate the other team members! Look what happened to the last team that did that... ;)

Seriously, gutabo didn't beat my team as much as Eissan did.

gutabo said:
Well, I can't afford prizes, but I could organize them, get people in chat rooms(like SRK people do), and if I can borrow the capture card I've been offered, upload matches and in the end, get a "gaf league" of sorts going with points, divisions, teams, events and stuff.

And we could have a European division!

zlatko

Banned
So did everyone get Kadey those pre lim videos? It'd be a shame if a few lazies ruined the fun for everyone by pooping in the pool.

zlatko said:
So did everyone get Kadey those pre lim videos? It'd be a shame if a few lazies ruined the fun for everyone by pooping in the pool.

pffft, yeah right. Those prelim vids are a lost cause.

I would give her a set of matches, but I'm stilling waiting on punkass Ninajheartless to give me one match. I've given up hope on him.

Since Kadey doesn't want matches that are incomplete, I'm not going to give her what I have since it would be pointless.

zlatko

Banned
black_vegeta said:
pffft, yeah right. Those prelim vids are a lost cause.

I would give her a set of matches, but I'm stilling waiting on punkass Ninajheartless to give me one match. I've given up hope on him.

Since Kadey doesn't want matches that are incomplete, I'm not going to give her what I have since it would be pointless.

Is it just impossible to get a hold of him on here through PM and Live? Is he the only one that's lacking for the full completion? I mean if he's the only gap in all the pre lims then I'd just take what we got and put it up, and make a YT video shunning Ninja forever! :lol

zlatko said:
Is it just impossible to get a hold of him on here through PM and Live? Is he the only one that's lacking for the full completion? I mean if he's the only gap in all the pre lims then I'd just take what we got and put it up, and make a YT video shunning Ninja forever! :lol

There's like 4 or 5 other groups that still need to give Kadey their Prelim matches which isn't going to happen.

Ninajheartless, is just holding me back from giving a set of Prelim matches between Team Jab Jab vs Team Shadaloo n' Rice to Kadey. I pm'ed him on GAF mutliple times as well as on XBL with no answer. He's just being a punk.

Me giving Kadey these matches isn't going to change Kadey's decesion of not giving prizes for achievements since there are a number of Prelim vids missing. I just want to have my vids complete!!

gutabo

black_vegeta said:
There's like 4 or 5 other groups that still need to give Kadey their Prelim matches which isn't going to happen.

Ninajheartless, is just holding me back from giving a set of Prelim matches between Team Jab Jab vs Team Shadaloo n' Rice to Kadey. I pm'ed him on GAF mutliple times as well as on XBL with no answer. He's just being a punk.

Me giving Kadey these matches isn't going to change Kadey's decesion of not giving prizes for achievements since there are a number of Prelim vids missing. I just want to have my vids complete!!
Hey man I'm borrowing a capture card so if all goes as planned I will be able to help you uploading stuff...

Now all we need is the other teams to step it up and give us the replays.

Also, can everyone please give me feedback on the idea about weekly stuff I posted?

Finally:
Wiseblade said:
Seriously, gutabo didn't beat my team as much as Eissan did.
Damn right! I guess you trained hard and only prepared to fight a Honda ;)

Wiseblade said:
And we could have a European division!
Yeah! We could do events like yurop vs the world, and much more!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I already have ideas for a next tourney. And it's not going to be done by normal means. Taking the word beatdown and only the strong survive to the next level.

zlatko said:

I just need to get with Renta and we should have the rest of our matches I think.. He has a vid cap now to upload em.

We may be missing 1 match.. but Killa Sasa may have it.. or Enk/Dartastic.. I think we got the rest though.

cant seem to coordinate with rentahamster and I'm gone Fri/Sat.. will be back Sunday.. I just need to get him like 4 replays.. blargh! damn you for living in Hawaii! :lol

Top Bottom