• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kadey said:
Early vote for MVP? Good games guys. Can't wait to see all these videos.

He's got my vote. In the second set, I was up first and beat both Axis and Eissan, then Gutabo came up last and destroyed all of us, no sweat!

Lyte Edge said:
He's got my vote. In the second set, I was up first and beat both Axis and Eissan, then Gutabo came up last and destroyed all of us, no sweat!
I second that vote. Axis and Eissan were bystanders, then Gutabo came in and cleaned house.

Woops subscribed to the wrong thread!
my schedule, timezone = pacific.

Team 1:
Sun: anytime after 7:30pm
Mon: anytime after 5pm
Tues: Any time, day off just give me notice so I get on

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
sunday may no longer be possible, my mothers in town visiting and the plan right now is library-robin hood-dinner-go home watch dexter dvds. i dont know how far into the evening that will carry me. -.-

late sunday is probably possible tho.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah not looking forward to fighting Gutabo if they get that far.

Mostly because we have a 1-bar connection and fighting him makes me feel like I'm fighting underwater, though :lol

jam86 said:
Woops subscribed to the wrong thread!
my schedule, timezone = pacific.

Team 1:
Sun: anytime after 7:30pm
Mon: anytime after 5pm
Tues: Any time, day off just give me notice so I get on

hey guys how does 9pm or 10pm work for you guys on Monday

gutabo sounds like a beast,!

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah not looking forward to fighting Gutabo if they get that far.

Mostly because we have a 1-bar connection and fighting him makes me feel like I'm fighting underwater, though :lol
We actually had a decent connection. Everyone had at least a 2 or 3 bar connection. There seem to be a connection issue between him and I. Once I had my 360 connected directed to my modem, everything was gravy.

That being said, his Honda is a thing of nightmares.

I'm not going to be able to sleep after that lost.

I'm still fucking salty!!! >:-(

eissan

black_vegeta said:
We actually had a decent connection. Everyone had at least a 2 or 3 bar connection. There seem to be a connection issue between him and I. Once I had my 360 connected directed to my modem, everything was gravy.

That being said, his Honda is a thing of nightmares.

I'm not going to be able to sleep after that lost.

I'm still fucking salty!!! >:-(

good games guys! freaking gutabo is too damn good :D made the rest of us all look like 5 year olds mashing buttons :D.

also the connection was really decent today! most games went buy without much lag!

I also think (at least my self) that i got the gitters, this is only my 3rd tournament(2 in person and this one online) and i feel alot more pressure than when I am just goofing around on live. good experience as I will be going to evo this year!(going to get my ass handed right away :D.)

kiun

BotoxAgent said:

gutabo sounds like a beast,!

works for me. Not sure about Wiseblade though ? lol may need some strong coffee and wake up a little early.

Pandaman said:
sunday may no longer be possible, my mothers in town visiting and the plan right now is library-robin hood-dinner-go home watch dexter dvds. i dont know how far into the evening that will carry me. -.-
late sunday is probably possible tho.
BotoxAgent said:
kiun said:
works for me. Not sure about Wiseblade though ? lol may need some strong coffee and wake up a little early.
I am cool with Monday evening/night what say others ?

Rentahamster said:
Damn, that bad, huh? Wowzers.
Yes.

Team 3 and 4, I'll upload all the vids probably tomorrow night.

There's one set I'm missing. The match with Lyte Edge vs whoever was the Ibuki. If you want me to record that, just invite me to your replay channel and I'll save it.

Wiseblade

Monday? I can do that. What time? Just so I know how many Red bulls I'll need. :lol

stealth edit: 10PM?
*googles something*

Wow, at that point I may as well just wake up extra early.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I always knew Gutabo had the best Honda on GAF but I never thought he could beat Grifter. Stop playing Blazblue!

Kadey said:
I always knew Gutabo had the best Honda on GAF but I never thought he could beat Grifter. Stop playing Blazblue!
Grifter choose FreeJay against Gutabo's Honda when we were down 1-0.

I still should have beaten him.

Dartastic

Rentahamster said:
Okay, so Sunday 11:30PM CST is a common time that everyone is okay with. We should do it then. How late do we want to wait up for latecomers? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

11:30PM CST =

6:30PM Hawaii
9:30PM Pacific
12:30AM Eastern

right?

edit: oh yeah, anyone capturing? At the very least, we'll all have our own matches saved in our personal battle log. Just be sure to save them into the permanent record.

I can definitely save my matches. Is anyone capturing them though? Because that'd be good. Make things easier on my end, because I have no idea how to capture them well. =p

eissan

black_vegeta said:
Grifter choose FreeJay against Gutabo's Honda when we were down 1-0.

I still should have beaten him.

lol I dont think your gonna let that go! specially that last round where you both had nothing for health left and he got you with the headbutt!:D

eissan said:
lol I dont think your gonna let that go! specially that last round where you both had nothing for health left and he got you with the headbutt!:D

I knew it was coming, there was just no way around it. Trying to time a jump with his ex headbutt coming out so fast...it was a given I would be chipped to death. It was fun and tense on that last round.

Like I said good luck.

Hey, I need to get a hold of Axis so I can save the replay of the match I'm missing when he played Ibuki. I'll pm him.

Edit: Nevermind, it got the replay from Lyte Edge.

fubarduck

Spirit of Jazz said:
Should we for for around 7pm tonight then? Assuming everyone's able to read this.

That works for me, main issue is someone getting Art's attention I guess, he went to Battlefield Arcadia, no idea when he's getting home.

DD-11 said:
I can't make it that early. I'm more of a late night player.

Care to throw out any times? I mean I'm 8 hours ahead and would rather not be playing in the morning, but if that's all you can manage I'll need to go with it though as I mentioned a while back Tuesday morning I won't be available. Also as Fubar brought up, do we have any sure fire way to get in touch with Sabin?

Spirit of Jazz said:
Care to throw out any times? I mean I'm 8 hours ahead and would rather not be playing in the morning, but if that's all you can manage I'll need to go with it though as I mentioned a while back Tuesday morning I won't be available. Also as Fubar brought up, do we have any sure fire way to get in touch with Sabin?

So yeah, to clarify, I'll be at work till 7:30 monday and wednesday and till 9 tuesday. Eastern that is.

Might not make it at 7:00PM tonight. Going out 2 hours before and it's pretty much unavoidable. I'll try my best to be on at 7:00PM, but I am definitely sure I can do matches later that night since DD- 11 is a night player or anytime Monday night since Art can't do it any other day.

(Times are all CST)

DD-11

Spirit of Jazz said:

Yeah, it's tough. But I'm pretty much tied up between the hours of 9-12 eastern. I can do pretty much any time other than that. 6est works during the week.

sonicspear64 said:
Might not make it at 7:00PM tonight. Going out 2 hours before and it's pretty much unavoidable. I'll try my best to be on at 7:00PM, but I am definitely sure I can do matches later that night since DD- 11 is a night player or anytime Monday night since Art can't do it any other day.

(Times are all CST)

So Art's only free on the Monday? That sort of limits our options. DD can make it after 6EST I won't be able to do anything after 10:30EST given that point I'll be getting ready for work. Assuming Snapshot, Fubar and So I'm guessing we'll need to do it some time between there and I get a wonderful sleepless night :)

Spirit of Jazz said:
So Art's only free on the Monday? That sort of limits our options. DD can make it after 6EST I won't be able to do anything after 10:30EST given that point I'll be getting ready for work. Assuming Snapshot, Fubar and So I'm guessing we'll need to do it some time between there and I get a wonderful sleepless night :)

Eh...that's cuttin it close. I'll only get home round 7 eastern tomorrow. But that can work, I suppose.

Snapshot King said:
Eh...that's cuttin it close. I'll only get home round 7 eastern tomorrow. But that can work, I suppose.

Actually I made an error there, don't need to get ready till 8:30am my time so up to 12:30 EST should be good for me. That's unless I missread Sonic's post and he meant art couldn't do it after Monday rather just on. In which case I'd be good at any time today.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Actually I made an error there, don't need to get ready till 8:30am my time so up to 12:30 EST should be good for me. That's unless I missread Sonic's post and he meant art couldn't do it after Monday rather just on. In which case I'd be good at any time today.
He said on the Battlefield Arcadia stream to Kadey that he can do matches up to Monday. Sorry for the misunderstanding. To clarify my times again, I think I can do 9:00PM EST and on today and 2:00PM EST and on tomorrow.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Drohne and Nikashi, I'll be on most of the day today, so if you want to get some practice in let's do it. I am fucking pissed off and I'm going to demolish this rag tag bunch thinks they're good enough to stand in the same arena against our SAIKYO.

If anyone out there thinks that watching one team get DEMOLISHED by another team is cool, then it's party time you sloppy whore.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Kadey said:
The hell? That was pretty random. :lol

Oh wait, that last line wasn't directed at you specifically!!! :lol

I know a team of 3 sloppy whores that are gonna get smacked around in a couple hours though :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Wiseblade said:
Monday? I can do that. What time? Just so I know how many Red bulls I'll need. :lol

stealth edit: 10PM?
*googles something*

Wow, at that point I may as well just wake up extra early.
botox is east coast i think, so that would be the correct 10pm. >_>

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
logging on in a minute. i'm still pretty wrecked from the weekend, but now that we've got our SECRET TIMEDOG SUPERWEAPON i figure i can take it easy

RedAssedApe

Banned
Iron E Man said:
eva says hes good with 5/18 or 5/19 anytime after 8pm pacific and yeah n3ss is west coast.

Team 15 and 16

It sounds like everyone is ok with 5/18 or 5/19 in the evening. Let's try 5/18. How about 8PM PDT (so 10PM for Central and 11PM for East Coast)? If something falls through we can at least have another day to try and reschedule. Does that fit into everyone's schedule?

Are any of you guys able to capture video?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Timedog said:

I know a team of 3 sloppy whores that are gonna get smacked around in a couple hours though :D

I know it wasn't towards me but it was still funny. :D

Timedog said:

I know you and I haven't agreed on much in the recent past, but good luck in the tournament!

Of course today, the day we're probably going to play, I'm playing like such fucking dogshit that I'm close to throwing my stick out the window. Jesus christ I'm guessing wrong on every mixup.

Top Bottom