• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Personality Alanah Pearce Makes her Hollywood Debut in V/H/S Beyond

Guess I'll start us off then

MOzEZhY.png

Last edited:

StueyDuck

man, gotta love Journos failing upwards.

she's definitely not the most egregious of the journos. But the way that working at somewhere like IGN will somehow grant you a ticket to go work at Lucasfilm or Santa Monica or get a movie role now etc.

Just further proof that the whole entertainment/media sphere is just basically who you know... know the right people and be a part of the same club and you'll be made.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

she's definitely not the most egregious of the journos. But the way that working at somewhere like IGN will somehow grant you a ticket to go work at Lucasfilm or Santa Monica or get a movie role now etc.

Just further proof that the whole entertainment/media sphere is just basically who you know... know the right people and be a part of the same club and you'll be made.
She’s basically another Olivia munn.

Talentless hack but throw some hot dogs on my face and let’s go make some $ off horny nerds.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

She’s a hot girl with giant milk wagons. She’s already playing life on easy mode. And the most egregious example of a games journo doing a job they’re unqualified for IMO is dorito pope murdering e3 and replacing it with his fake oscards awards.

StueyDuck

She’s basically another Olivia munn.

Talentless hack but throw some hot dogs on my face and let’s go make some $ off horny nerds.
Oh yeah i forgot olivia munn also came from the gaming side...

honestly it's nothing against alanah, she's ok, like i say not the most egregious. But she isn't nearly talented enough or skilled enough to progress to where she has (and i don't mean that as she's bad, she just doesn't really accel in any of these areas, her writing at ign was fine, good even, was it good enough to join one of the biggest Gaming Studios and IP? not really, she has a youtube personality, is she an actor though? somehow i doubt it.)

It's just a shame because i wonder which random young woman struggling to be an actress who isn't in the san fran, LA club of "friends" that now missed out on a potential opportunity to get their name out there, am i saying VHS is some hard hitting tour de force of actors and acting, of course not hahaha, but still it just feels like a potential opportunity for someone has gone because an already successful allanah has a friend of a friend.

Last edited:
The new one is supposedly better than the last couple from what I've seeing online.
I'm gonna watch it regardless. I've watched every single one, not gonna stop now... even though most of the segments have been trash lately.

But I'll admit I'm curious if her acting has improved at all, because her acting in Cyberpunk 2077 was atrocious. Every other 'influencer' in the game blended in fairly well, but when she opened her mouth, it was immediately apparent that she wasn't a professional actor lol

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Oh yeah i forgot olivia munn also came from the gaming side...

honestly it's nothing against alanah, she's ok, like i say not the most egregious. But she isn't nearly talented enough or skilled enough to progress to where she has (and i don't mean that as she's bad, she just doesn't really accel in any of these areas, her writing at ign was fine, good even, was it good enough to join one of the biggest Gaming Studios and IP? not really, she has a youtube personality, is she an actor though? somehow i doubt it.)

It's just a shame because i wonder which random young woman struggling to be an actress who isn't in the san fran, LA club of "friends" that now missed out on a potential opportunity to get their name out there, am i saying VHS is some hard hitting tour de force of actors and acting, of course not hahaha, but still it just feels like a potential opportunity for someone has gone because already successful allanah has a friend of a friend.
The fact you made your entire second paragraph one fucking sentence is impressive.

Especially since you’re shit talking her writing.

Good grief man.

StueyDuck

The fact you made your entire second paragraph one fucking sentence is impressive.

Especially since you’re shit talking her writing.

Good grief man.
you can shit talk someones writing without being a writer yourself, also it's 23:28 here and I played a full 18 in the roasting sun and smashed many beers and jaegers to the Rugga, not a fuck am i gonna give a fuck about formal writing on a forum..

Chiggs

Gold Member
you can shit talk someones writing without being a writer yourself, also it's 23:28 here and I played a full 18 in the roasting sun and smashed many beers and jaegers to the Rugga, not a fuck am i gonna give a fuck about formal writing on a forum..

You can criticize someone's writing without being a writer yourself. Also, it's 23:28 here, and I played a full 18 holes in the roasting sun, smashed many beers and Jägermeister while watching the rugby. There's no way I'm going to care about formal writing on a forum.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
I thought she was a game developer
It's about just being a "personality" whatever that means now.

So you just pimp yourself out to anything. YouTube? Podcasts? Music videos? Movies? Fuck it.

It usually starts with being on reality TV or a one-hit wonder. Get your foot in the door and then just do anything that gets your image out there to remain relevant and earn money. Because as soon as you disappear, you're fucked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom