• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Personality Alanah Pearce Makes her Hollywood Debut in V/H/S Beyond

Senua

Gold Member
where the boobies at?

alanah-at-vhs-premiere-v0-feifzm89vqsd1.jpg
Squished in an unflattering costume

Ridicululzz

The V/H/S movies are pretty cool. I remember a story from V/H/S 2 I think where a cult summons makes a woman give birth to a baphomet looking creature, and another one where these guys accidentally pick up a succubus lol

Hoping this one will have crazy stories like that

She’s a hot girl with giant milk wagons. She’s already playing life on easy mode. And the most egregious example of a games journo doing a job they’re unqualified for IMO is dorito pope murdering e3 and replacing it with his fake oscards awards.

I'm sorry but this is fucking horseshit!!

Complain all you want about the Game Awards. But Geoff Keighley is one of the best, most honest and unbiased gaming journalists out there. If you followed him from his GameTrailers days, he was absolutely fucking excellent at interviewing gaming execs and personalities.

Geoff was one of the only ones who would ask the tough questions, unfiltered, that gamers wanted to know, and not in a douchey way. Compare him with the tribalistic fake journos today, who all fit neatly within their biased camps, catering to their specific platform audience and doing nothing but sucking the dick of the gaming execs and personalities they interview... it's fucking night and day.

Like I said, you can bitch about the Game Awards as much as the next guy. But E3 killed itself with its own ineptitude and pandering to the woke mob. On the other hand, Keighly has more than earned his right to indulge himself with a lavish oft cringey annual gaming show.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
The last few VHS movies were awful so might as well scrape the bottom of the barrel
I think the last one I saw was the one where the end of the world happens and this woman gives birth to the destroyer or some shit. I think it was some kind of cult. Super gorey and a bit entertaining, if I can be honest. I think it was because I didn't expect the amount of gore and craziness. The first will always be Top Tier, the rest are decent, dark comedy romps, at least to me.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
man, gotta love Journos failing upwards.

she's definitely not the most egregious of the journos. But the way that working at somewhere like IGN will somehow grant you a ticket to go work at Lucasfilm or Santa Monica or get a movie role now etc.

Just further proof that the whole entertainment/media sphere is just basically who you know... know the right people and be a part of the same club and you'll be made.
I've listened to her podcast a bunch (Play, Watch, Listen) and she's a very good gaming commentator; definitely the best on the cast. I know connections are critical for this stuff, but they'll only get you so far without merit, which she has.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
Bingo, big “2/10 would not bang” energy.

Nah buddy, i'm just not one of those "11/10 godess because she's related to gaming" virgins. She looks good, but not soooooo good that it justifies all the creepy and embarassing drooling and whiteknighting around her.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Oh, hello idiot.

Alanah has zero familial connections to anyone.

She's a girl from Cairns who's made it good for herself in California, and a lot of folks can't stand that because they're jealous, and/or know they can never fuck her.

Don't really know her background other than these occasional GAF threads, so had no idea she was an Aussie and probably a maroons supporter as well.

Watched the movie last night. Alanah's segment was actually one of the best, despite her acting... turns out the segment was written by Mike Flanagan and directed by one of his collaborators. She's mostly ADR so you don't actually see her much, but you sure do hear an excessive amount of heavy breathing.

As for the movie as a whole, it's another mixed bag but I enjoyed 2.5 of the segments (out of 5).

finalflame

Nah buddy, i'm just not one of those "11/10 godess because she's related to gaming" virgins. She looks good, but not soooooo good that it justifies all the creepy and embarassing drooling and whiteknighting around her.
There's exactly 0 of that going on in this thread, my guy. Might wanna check your projection.

hlm666

I have no idea what V/H/S is even supposed to be.
Can't honestly say the name rings any bell.
Movie producers? TV show? Is it a series?
They are found footage anthology movies, like creepshow or twilight zone but found footage. I've only seen the first 2 and there was like 1 or maybe 2 stories in each one that I thought was any good. I think the first 2 were collaborations between bloody disgusting horror movie site and the streaming channel shudder.

edit: just saw someone linked one of the errr cheaper stories above, here's a bit from one in the 2nd movie. This is on other end of the scale, closer to one of the best.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Isn't one of the prerequisites of being a personality that you have one? The few times I've actually head her speak she gives off massive beige vibes.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm sorry but this is fucking horseshit!!

Complain all you want about the Game Awards. But Geoff Keighley is one of the best, most honest and unbiased gaming journalists out there. If you followed him from his GameTrailers days, he was absolutely fucking excellent at interviewing gaming execs and personalities.

Geoff was one of the only ones who would ask the tough questions, unfiltered, that gamers wanted to know, and not in a douchey way. Compare him with the tribalistic fake journos today, who all fit neatly within their biased camps, catering to their specific platform audience and doing nothing but sucking the dick of the gaming execs and personalities they interview... it's fucking night and day.

Like I said, you can bitch about the Game Awards as much as the next guy. But E3 killed itself with its own ineptitude and pandering to the woke mob. On the other hand, Keighly has more than earned his right to indulge himself with a lavish oft cringey annual gaming show.

Hi Geoff

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
Complain all you want about the Game Awards. But Geoff Keighley is one of the best, most honest and unbiased gaming journalists out there.
I thought he was a huge PlayStation fanboy, i at least read lots of complaints about him in this regard in the past. The newest are:

Last edited:

Aenima

I thought he was a huge PlayStation fanboy, i at least read lots of complaints about him in this regard in the past. The newest are:
He just tweets whats trending. Hes pretty much known as Doritos pope that was an Xbox thing. Fanboys just being fanboys.
The Game Awards event has always been hosted in the Microsoft Theater (Now renamed in 2023 to Peacock Theater).

Last edited:
Top Bottom