• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenjaminBirdie said:
I love Gears Of War
Put another clip in the Lancer, baby
I love Gears Of War
Get onto this Raven and shoot Lambent

I totally just wrote that
Now youtube a rap of it, imitating Cole's voice while playing Gears 3!

Stat Flow said:
Yeah, no kidding. People are awful with the shotgun, and have no idea what the fuck they're doing with other weapons. I didn't come across many sawed offs but most people didn't know how to use them. And I saw no wallbouncing in the 10 matches I played.

Smh.
Wallbouncing is overrated. I never wallbounce and I'm still better than 95% of the other players out there. I usually kill people who wallbounce against me. It's not that great of a technique against someone who's actually good at the game. Against newbies it's awesome, but that's about it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MattyH said:
i got a code for the infected omen weapons skins

If you were in for a Savage Kantus or Savage Grenadier Elite I'd take you up on that offer for the Infected Omen skins.

Open to anyone else as well since the store I ordered from cancelled their Epic Edition orders because of the misinformation about EE not being region-free.

Tadale

I realized this morning that this is the first major release since I got out of college and started a career. For Gears 1 and 2, I skipped class and spent my day in my apartment playing the game with friends.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

has anyone else had problems getting their Kantus codes to register when you try to redeem them? i know a few people were complaining about other skins...

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
On the basis that I loved Gears 2 sp is Gears 3 worth it for sp alone?, I just feel that most people just seem to be talking mp with regards to this game.

Smokey

Tadale said:
I realized this morning that this is the first major release since I got out of college and started a career. For Gears 1 and 2, I skipped class and spent my day in my apartment playing the game with friends.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Haha right. I graduated Dec 2010 and am working, so I'm used to it now. Just get home and Amazon copy is waiting in the mail for me. How I roll nowadays!

Heysoos

I hate you guys. :( Don't get to play until after class at 2 today. :/ Even then I have a test tomorrow D: arghhhh The little I get to play is going to be amazing though! :3
w7uD6.gif

Mohonky

Still on the first level, act or chapter 5. Its been good but not amazing as far as gameplay goes. Am i missing sokething or does it pick up?

razu

I just played my first Warzone match in Gears 3. As someone who liked 1, but not 2, I can confirm that I enjoyed myself, a lot.

It's like seeing an old friend, only they look better now. No, wait, that would be annoying. This isn't like that at all. This is like an old game you used to like playing, with better graphics...!

I am excite!

h3ro

tuco11 said:
How is Horde 2.0? Wont have a chance to play it until tonight.
Looks amazing! Epic added base building mechanics that look like a blast with a big party.

Really looking forward to playing some with you guys!

abracadaver

Horde 2.0 is awesome. A lot more variety than in gears 2 and bosses too.

I liked the campaign in gears 2 a lot more though. Felt much more epic

-PXG-

GnqE3.jpg

The Marcus statue looks great IRL

V6fDI.jpg

The RL is HUGE! Detailing is excellent and much better than the Lancer. They went nuts on this. Looks fantastic. Very light too.

malfcn said:
Season Pass? Or came with the free Haze probs.

No season pass here. It must've been the Haze thing... but the Crimson Lancer sells separately... either way I got 5 haze skins + Crimson Omen Lancer for free. Woo! ;3

LosDaddie

Banned
damn...I need to stop reading this thread because I won't be able to play until around 9pm tonight. :( I haven't even picked up my paid-ff copy yet :(

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Kydd BlaZe said:
Holy shit dude. I was wondering who the fuck that was LOL. All this time i was ignoring your invites. My bad dude, hahaha.

lol its all good, it was my fault for not mentioning the name change. hopefully later today we can get a few games in.

Skilotonn said:
Someone mentioned that you have to exit and go back into the game again and they'll show up - mine did right away though.

btw this worked. thanks

mbmonk

Toying with the idea of picking up a 360 console and Gears 3. Of course it being so late in the 360 life cycle I don't think it's worth it to shell out for a new top-o-the-line 360. I am afraid to buy a refurbed console for obvious reasons.

Any suggestions on model or any suggest on the cheapest place to buy one?

Thank you.

h3ro

mbmonk said:
Toying with the idea of picking up a 360 console and Gears 3. Of course it being so late in the 360 life cycle I don't think it's worth it to shell out for a new top-o-the-line 360. I am afraid to buy a refurbed console for obvious reasons.

Any suggestions on model or any suggest on the cheapest place to buy one?

Thank you.

Amazon has a deal on the Gears 3 360 bundle. LE console with 320GB hard disk, copy of Gears 3 and two controllers for $360. ($400 with $40 credit)

mbmonk

h3ro said:
Amazon has a deal on the Gears 3 360 bundle. LE console with 320GB hard disk, copy of Gears 3 and two controllers for $360. ($400 with $40 credit)

That was fast. Thanks h3ro. I will check it out right now.

K' Dash

I just received my promotional credit from amazon (immediately preordered Dark Souls with it) and my savage kantus code.

I'll trade for an Adam Fenix or infected omen, PM me if you're interested.

dagZ

played 12 games last night. Went 12-0, and got MVP 8 times in a row, along with a 3.6 k/d ratio. GOD I LOVE THIS GAME

ShinAmano

Shogun PaiN said:
Did you enter the code from the back of the metal cog medal? I know you probably did but the code on the card is only for the two day gold trial.
Yeah I entered the cog code from the medal but it says 'Invalid Code'...I tried on both the 360 and Xbox.com.

Any ideas on what to do? I want my Adam Fenix...just not sure if A) I will be able to exchance the game since it is open or B) that they will have any LE copies in stock :(

Tadale

Smokey said:
Haha right. I graduated Dec 2010 and am working, so I'm used to it now. Just get home and Amazon copy is waiting in the mail for me. How I roll nowadays!

Mine should be at my door when I get home, but I miss those midnight binges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom