• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDeluis

Just came back from the Century City Microsoft store. Didn't purchase the game. I'll wait for my amazon order later today.

The majority of the voice cast. Was really looking forward to talking to Calvin. ;)
3180552c.jpg

Could only get one item signed, chose my faceplate.
1696bfad.jpg

John Dimaggio holding my precious.
0d02e4c4.jpg

big_z

stupid interns at giantbomb posted a last boss video on the youtube channel. nothing like a spoiler right on my subscription page. dicks.

-PXG-

Just finished playing Horde with
drunk
Epic employees. Shit was hilarious. Really great group of guys. Thanks for the laughs.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'll probably wake up in three or four hours and be right back on this shit.

This game is hot. It's perfect. Fucking perfect.

2th

Banned
-PXG- said:
Just finished playing Horde with
drunk
Epic employees. Shit was hilarious. Really great group of guys. Thanks for the laughs.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'll probably wake up in three or four hours and be right back on this shit.

This game is hot. It's perfect. Fucking perfect.

it was a fun game (i am not the epic employee)

also best buy didnt give me my mechanic baird code. guess im going to them tomorrow to figure this shit out.

Hixx

Post woman arrived early :D

Remembered I said I'd raid on WoW tonight D:

I didn't get my Mechanic Baird code from shopto either. All in all my first SHIT experience with ordering from them.

Cheska

BigJiantRobut said:
I have never wanted to murder a character more than
Sam

But
Sam
is the best :) She's voiced by
Claudia Black
who also voices one of my all time favorite video game character.

What is it you don't like about her? :p

-PXG-

2th said:
it was a fun game (i am not the epic employee)

also best buy didnt give me my mechanic baird code. guess im going to them tomorrow to figure this shit out.

"Armored Kantus is a fucking rockstar"

We need to keep note of Epic's quotes from our matches with them. They're priceless

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
First of all... woohoo, we finally all have the game!

Secondly, I was playing last night and looking at unlockable MP characters and saw Golden Gear was only unlocked at level 75. I switch on this morning and it's available. WTF?

2th

Banned
-PXG- said:
"Armored Kantus is a fucking rockstar"

We need to keep note of Epic's quotes from our matches with them. They're priceless

well he is a rockstar. And a pain in the ass lol

-PXG-

JambiBum said:
Only lost one match all night long. It's so god damn great to just run people over in this game.

People are TERRIBLE at this game. I played a couple of Quick and Ranked matches....no effort required.

I. LOVE. THIS. GAME.

2th said:
well he is a rockstar. And a pain in the ass lol

Yeah. Seriously. They never open their mouths, and you have to pray that there are fire weapons laying around, or else you're fucked.

Cheska said:
But
Sam
is the best :) She's voiced by
Claudia Black
who also voices one of my all time favorite video game character.

What is it you don't like about her? :p

She's a bigger walking stereotype than Cole, but about one million times less endearing. I absolutely loathe hokey "empowered woman" characters that are so clearly written by dudes who have no fucking idea how to write an interesting female character. Why does every line have to remind me of her gender? Why is that the crux of every goddamn joke?

Never get between a woman and a bargain? Fucking really?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
-PXG- said:
People are TERRIBLE at this game. I played a couple of Quick and Ranked matches....no effort required.
Yeah, no kidding. People are awful with the shotgun, and have no idea what the fuck they're doing with other weapons. I didn't come across many sawed offs but most people didn't know how to use them. And I saw no wallbouncing in the 10 matches I played.

Smh.

grrrr been up since 8 waiting for parcel force to come, they delivered it next door didnt even bother knocking my door (iv had my bedroom door open, no tele on so i could hear them knocking when they came) apparently they delivered it at 9.15am :/ so iv been waiting an extra 90 mins for my Epic Edition, but i have it , statue is gorgeous, and has some weight to it :D
And the statue is huge! wasnt expecting it to be that big :D

Stat Flow said:
Yeah, no kidding. People are awful with the shotgun, and have no idea what the fuck they're doing with other weapons. I didn't come across many sawed offs but most people didn't know how to use them. And I saw no wallbouncing in the 10 matches I played.

Smh.

Sounds just like me.
I go into a team match, roll around, shoot the gun at peoples, die a million times, leave.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just got the game :D Menu music giving me the chills wooot. Haven't been excited to play a game so much for a long time.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
-PXG- said:

Lots of folks haven't played Gears since around the release of Gears 2 most likely.

Daigoro

Risk Breaker said:
I did it days ago, quite soon after getting the game. I'm afraid it's not going to be very rare at all, I guess everyone of us that got the game early have it so it's going to spread fast.

viral achievements like this arent supposed to be rare. it'd be fucking annoying if they were.

leave the hard to get achievements to ones like "Seriously" and stuff like that.

Thanks to shitty randoms I haven't won a single fucking match yet, despite being back to my former beta-era form. Off to bed now, the past four hours flew by.

Arjen

leng jai said:
Any tips for a new player?

I didn't play 1 or 2 in MP at all and it feels a lot different from most shooters.

Movement is very important, watch some good players online and see how thy move.
Learn the location of the powerweapons on the maps, that's where they action will be.

Goodness.
Act 1 was...pretty damn epic.
Can't believe there are five more of these, each likely to be better than the last.

Horde mode is so godly.

Gotta stop denying myself sleep though. =(
Damn this frail human body.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Something about this games MP, specifically Warzone, that just gets me. Ever since the first one. The combat is so unique, and the game just keeps the rounds coming. Feels great.

I'm jealous of all of you who got to go to an awesome midnight launch. I went to a midnight launch in Washington that was the saddest, limpest midnight affair I'd ever seen :( for starters, there were a lot of creepy, pushy folks there, including a delightful gentleman who latched onto me and told me his life story (which included how his ex-wife "totally still wants him" because she "hooked up with another dude just like him" just to make him jealous). There was also a loud man yelling about how he had every limited edition thing preordered, including "Bad Company 3" and "Skyrim V". It was raining, and the only event the Gamestop staff set up was an airsoft target. If you hit the target you won a fun size bag of M&Ms, but also lost your place in line.

Still! Probably worth it for the game, but that was such a flaccid event for such a big game. It's even weirder considering this store had a huge combination party for Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat, complete with pizza, tournaments and prizes, as well as a SOCOM launch tournament where they raffled off a 3DTV and like three Move controllers.

Ah well. Worth it for Gurrs of Wurr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom