• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to buy this at Gamestop later today. I was going to rent it, but I have bought every other Gears, and the hype of the campaign is getting to me!

The Wise Old Man said:
Bored as fuck here at work with a copy of the game sitting in my desk drawer. Without spoiling the shit out of me, can folks explain the ways in which GOW3 is less like GOW2 and closer to GOW1?

I'm not saying this to be frunny at all, seriously, it just fucking works unlike Gears 2. That and there aren't smoke grenades putting me on my ass every two seconds.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gears 3 was delivered to my house apparently.

Still got 7 hours left at school in addition to the 6 I've been here already x_x

daedalius

Noriega said:
My friend redownloaded the beta and got all his unlocks.

Or maybe he eventually got it after restarting twice.

How do you even do this? I deleted my beta information a while ago because I needed space and didn't realize I needed to keep it.

Im out at school so I cant look into this too much atm, but I seem to have a problem. I played the Beta and met the criteria for Thrashball Cole, yet for some reason in my game I dont have him unlocked.. Is this a known bug? =/

But on the other hand, game wise I am impressed with what I have played so far. Cant wait til I get home.. in 7 hours or so..

Nori Chan

daedalius said:
How do you even do this? I deleted my beta information a while ago because I needed space and didn't realize I needed to keep it.
My friend went to xbox.com and went to his download history.

Lingitiz

Got about halfway through the 2nd act and its just been incredible so far. Everything just looks and plays so good and polished.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Vincent Alexander said:
Out for delivery since 8:00 AM. Come on, already! Grrr...and I'm going to a movie in an hour. Drive better be a damn good movie.
7:30 for me.... Cmon UPS! San Diego is only like 30 minutes away from me. I can smell my copy... it has to be within 10 miles of me.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Hmm... I wonder what will happen to the folks that played the beta through Bulletstorm?
Wait, that doesn't make sense. While you download the Beta, how does that communicate to Epic what weeks you played and all that jazz???

Devin Olsen said:
has anyone received their order from Amazon yet?
UPS has my SE out for delivery. The driver on my office's route usually cones around 12:00 to 12:30 pm, an hour from now.

If you by chance order an LE from Amazon within the last 7-9 days, the over sold the LE and you'll want to contact customer service.

Proelite

abracadaver said:
The more I play multiplayer the more it annoys me that they reduced the blood. For me it was part of what made gears so awesome.

They wanted the multiplayer to be more family friendly.

While you guys are waiting, here's some info about your Amazon order.

I used to work for a courier service. We'd deliver packages around town. Sometimes, when UPS or FedEx was really busy, they'd hire us as contractors to help them make deliveries. This is how it works.

Every morning, all the UPS trucks in your area go to one large place where there are a huge number of all the UPS packages that need to be delivered that day. Let's say there are 20 drivers for that day.

At about 7am, the 20 drivers will split all the delivery area in 20 territories. Then they'll sort all the packages into 20 piles, and each driver will take one pile for one territory. (I'm simplifying this a lot; this was 6 years ago but I assume it's the same now.)

Of course some customers have paid to have their packages delivered by 10am, and those get priority.

After that, it's up to each individual driver what order they want to deliver. It was up to the driver's whim, however he felt like planning his route that day. So it's totally a matter of chance - he could put your house towards the beginning of his route, or he could put it at the end. He could structure the whole thing over where he wanted to have lunch if he wanted. So you could get your package anywhere between 8am and 7pm, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Amazon.

Sobriquet

dmg04 said:
7:30 for me.... Cmon UPS! San Diego is only like 30 minutes away from me. I can smell my copy... it has to be within 10 miles of me.

I'm literally next door to the UPS distribution facility for Los Angeles. Out for delivery since 7:30. :/

I'll probably get it at the end of the day because the drivers like to hit the bar in my complex after work.

Sanic

Hyunkel6 said:
Just got the game! Installing as I'm posting this! Wtf at the manual. It's 3 pages in black snd white with no pictures lol.
Always rubs me the wrong way when I pay a sizeable amount for something with cheap packaging, but I guess thats just how things are now.

Doing it right: Star Wars complete saga set
Doing it wrong: Gears 3

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Sobriquet said:
I'm literally next door to the UPS distribution facility for Los Angeles. Out for delivery since 7:30. :/
G-R-O-S-S. :| Next time around, you should call them and say 'Yo, keep my package in the facility. i'll pick it up on my lunch break' :p

I should post to say that I was all happy to pop my GOW3 disc in my x360 ... then it wouldn't load so I have to bring it back to the shop to get it swapped. Talk about a total FML moment. Disc won't show up at all.

Pandoracell said:
Always rubs me the wrong way when I pay a sizeable amount for something with cheap packaging, but I guess thats just how things are now.

Doing it right: Star Wars complete saga set
Doing it wrong: Gears 3

I never understood this either. A major gaming studio just spent millions devloping a game, yet they can't cobble together anything more substantial than a cocktail napkin with scribbles on it for a manual?

I love reading the game manuals before diving into a new game. I'll usually read them while taking my customary pre-game poop. Good times.

JaggedSac

Fleet_of_Foot said:
While you guys are waiting, here's some info about your Amazon order.

I used to work for a courier service. We'd deliver packages around town. Sometimes, when UPS or FedEx was really busy, they'd hire us as contractors to help them make deliveries. This is how it works.

Every morning, all the UPS trucks in your area go to one large place where there are a huge number of all the UPS packages that need to be delivered that day. Let's say there are 20 drivers for that day.

At about 7am, the 20 drivers will split all the delivery area in 20 territories. Then they'll sort all the packages into 20 piles, and each driver will take one pile for one territory. (I'm simplifying this a lot; this was 6 years ago but I assume it's the same now.)

Of course some customers have paid to have their packages delivered by 10am, and those get priority.

After that, it's up to each individual driver what order they want to deliver. It was up to the driver's whim, however he felt like planning his route that day. So it's totally a matter of chance - he could put your house towards the beginning of his route, or he could put it at the end. He could structure the whole thing over where he wanted to have lunch if he wanted. So you could get your package anywhere between 8am and 7pm, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Amazon.

Not sure how it was 6 years ago, but today, a driver's route is specified by the DIAD(their handheld device) which has information provided by the routing system. They can deviate from it slightly, but they are not supposed to. Routes are calculated on the most efficient route possible(more right turns, etc). But yes, it has nothing to do with Amazon.

madmackem

Wow well played epic, they must be sqeeeeezing every last drop of juice out of this machine to get this game looking like this. Best lighting i have seen, such a well polished product from sp to mp.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'll be honest I bought the epic edition simply because I love Gears... But im actually really pleased with it. The Marcus statue is very high quality and a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The COG tag replica is equally very high quality and im a sucks for the little geeky photos, will, and other assorted memorabilia :)

RS4-

NutJobJim said:
I'll be honest I bought the epic edition simply because I love Gears... But im actually really pleased with it. The Marcus statue is very high quality and a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The COG tag replica is equally very high quality and im a sucks for the little geeky photos, will, and other assorted memorabilia :)

Thanks I may just pick up the EE>

Any other opinions on the EE from other owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom