• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB1981 said:
My oh my it feels soooo smooth. Cover system is just NAILED. I LOVED the opening. Graphics are superb, art direction is great ... great use of color and lighting. All I can say is WOW. AAA all over.

I'm liking the sound of that.

JB1981 said:
My oh my it feels soooo smooth. Cover system is just NAILED. I LOVED the opening. Graphics are superb, art direction is great ... great use of color and lighting. All I can say is WOW. AAA all over.
This excites me.

dmg04 said:
Any word on Beast Mode yet?
Can it be done by a single person easily, or does it require 3-4?
My experience with Beast on normal difficulty:

1 player = impossible
2 players = hard but doable and fun
3-4 players = sweet spot
5 players = too goddamn easy and beatable on the first try with no failed waves

cackhyena

I laughed opening up the case to see the manual. One of these days it will just be a one sided sheet. They fucked up, though. They put two in my case. Saving money my ass.

Cheska

I asked this before, but it probably got lost in the mass of praise in this thread :)

Do you have the ability to choose who you want to play as when playing coop campaign? I thought I read that we had a choice but I can't seem to switch from commanding Dom (co op partner is Marcus).

Mr.Fresh

I played this today at a friends house. Seems great from what i played.

Kinda OT: Im about to buy the 4 gb 360 for this Halo and Lost Odyseey. Ill probably only use it for exclusives so is 4 gigs enough? Or should i spring for the 250 gig?

mbmonk

So I am going to have to sign up for XBL. I don't want to give my credit card info. Is the easiest thing to do is to order an XBL Card Code off Amazon and just use that for my CC info?

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Ace_235 said:

Kinda OT: Im about to buy the 4 gb 360 for this Halo and Lost Odyseey. Ill probably only use it for exclusives so is 4 gigs enough? Or should i spring for the 250 gig?

250. You're going to want to install games to the hard drive, and also get demos, downloadable content etc. Don't let it turn you off though, DO EEEEET

mbmonk said:
So I am going to have to sign up for XBL. I don't want to give my credit card info. Is the easiest thing to do is to order and XBL Card code off Amazon and just use that for my CC info?

Yep, that's the only way if you don't want to give your credit card info. Order a time card and redeem the code.

Cheska said:
I asked this before, but it probably got lost in the mass of praise in this thread :)

Do you have the ability to choose who you want to play as when playing coop campaign? I thought I read that we had a choice but I can't seem to switch from commanding Dom (co op partner is Marcus).
Nope, you can't choose which character you want to play as. For example in the Marcus/Dom parts, player 1 is Marcus, player 2 is Dom and so on.

All you can do is agree on a certain order with your mates to play as your preferred character. Bit of a hassle. :(

Hyunkel6

Ace_235 said:

IMO, the 250 gb is worth it alone for game installs. Shorter loading times and no disc spinning in the tray.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
cackhyena said:
I laughed opening up the case to see the manual. One of these days it will just be a one sided sheet. They fucked up, though. They put two in my case. Saving money my ass.
Assassins Creed Brotherhood just has one page. Really want this game but going away in a week plus need to beat a few other games before I buy a new one.

Ace_235 said:

You should be okay with the 4GB if you're just playing exclusive retail releases. But if you're planning to get into XBLA, or DLC expansion for retail games, definitely get more storage.

Either pick up the 250GB or buy a USB stick. I think the 360 will work with up to a 16GB stick.

Dabanton

Ace_235 said:

If you can, go for the 250gig so you can install all your games. If XBLA grabs you and it probably will you'll need the room as well.

Cheska

Seth Balmore said:
Nope, you can't choose which character you want to play as. For example in the Marcus/Dom parts, player 1 is Marcus, player 2 is Dom and so on.

All you can do is agree on a certain order with your mates to play as your preferred character. Bit of a hassle. :(

Aw bummer. So much for playing as Anya and Sam :(

Add me to the list of beggars as well. I'd be fine with anything, but if anyone happens to have a spare Savage Kantus code I would greatly appreciate it! :D

DodgerSan

ShinAmano said:
So any ideas on why my Adam Fenix code would not work...and what I can do about it?

Thanks.
The proper code is on the back of the metal cog. The one on the card is just for two days of gold live.

Deadstar

Got this coming today. So beast mode supports 5 players, what about Horde? How many can you play with in horde mode? I couldn't find this info anywhere.

equil

Deadstar said:
Got this coming today. So beast mode supports 5 players, what about Horde? How many can you play with in horde mode? I couldn't find this info anywhere.

I played it earlier today, and im pretty sure it was 5.

I got a Dom and I never intend to use the fuzzy guy.

Anyone want to trade my Dom for a Baird?

PS: The game rocks quite a bit. Multiplayer was really fun, even though I'd never put much time into it before.

Mr.Fresh

Superimposer said:
250. You're going to want to install games to the hard drive, and also get demos, downloadable content etc. Don't let it turn you off though, DO EEEEET

Yep, that's the only way if you don't want to give your credit card info. Order a time card and redeem the code.

Hyunkel6 said:
IMO, the 250 gb is worth it alone for game installs. Shorter loading times and no disc spinning in the tray.

Reluctant-Hero said:
You should be okay with the 4GB if you're just playing exclusive retail releases. But if you're planning to get into XBLA, or DLC expansion for retail games, definitely get more storage.

Either pick up the 250GB or buy a USB stick. I think the 360 will work with up to a 16GB stick.

Dabanton said:
If you can, go for the 250gig so you can install all your games. If XBLA grabs you and it probably will you'll need the room as well.

Thx guys ill probably go for the 250 gig only for the installs.

Bored as fuck here at work with a copy of the game sitting in my desk drawer. Without spoiling the shit out of me, can folks explain the ways in which GOW3 is less like GOW2 and closer to GOW1?

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
The Wise Old Man said:
Bored as fuck here at work with a copy of the game sitting in my desk drawer. Without spoiling the shit out of me, can folks explain the ways in which GOW3 is less like GOW2 and closer to GOW1?

It's more like Gears 3 to me

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The Wise Old Man said:
It hits a sweet spot between the two.

If someone can hook me up with an unused Mechanic Baird Code, I will mail you the following:
JdczB.jpg

Not sure if i need to be happy or sad.
Something went wrong with my preorder so im not getting today sad part.
But the good part is im getting the collectors edition Thursday without extra pay good part tomorrow is a shitty long school day so im fine Thursday and friday are short days so i can play gears 3 all weekend long.

It doesn't really has haste have a big Graphics programmic assignment for school that needs a lot of my time can score a intern ship at a game studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom