• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Photoon2011-09-20at1146-1.jpg

This has been me since 7:30 AM thismorning.

So it looks like I got two Mechanic Baird codes from Best Buy. They gave me one slip and another was included in the box with the toques they were handing out. If anyone wants to trade a Savage Grenadier Elite for one then I'd be happy to oblige.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Digital-Hero said:
The Botok? That pistol is just fine. Its a single shot with very limited rounds.

No, the snub, lol. That thing is a downing machine.

dmg04 said:
Photoon2011-09-20at1146-1.jpg

This has been me since 7:30 AM thismorning.

Do you live in a trailer? Wtf is that?

P.S Just set your UPS/Amazon delivery to text you when it arrives.

Grisby

RS4- said:
Thanks I may just pick up the EE>

Any other opinions on the EE from other owners?

I like the statue. Nice detail. Also, I was really surprised about the COG metal you get, thing has heft (added awesomeness, the dl code for Adam Fenix is engraved on it). I haven't sussed out the rest of the stuff but it's not a bad deal.

RS4-

NutJobJim said:
I'll be honest I bought the epic edition simply because I love Gears... But im actually really pleased with it. The Marcus statue is very high quality and a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The COG tag replica is equally very high quality and im a sucks for the little geeky photos, will, and other assorted memorabilia :)

Btw, for those that have the EE edition; does the Gears case have the usual UPC or was it a "not for re-sale" kind of deal?

I currently have the game sealed, but I might pick up the EE later on and instead of waiting a few hours, I'll open up my current copy, then return the sealed one from the EE.

Grisby said:
I like the statue. Nice detail. Also, I was really surprised about the COG metal you get, thing has heft (added awesomeness, the dl code for Adam Fenix is engraved on it). I haven't sussed out the rest of the stuff but it's not a bad deal.

Thanks, how's the art book as well? I'm disappointed it's still standard fare when it comes to art book size (like the MK one) being dvd cased sized and all :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
RS4- said:
Btw, for those that have the EE edition; does the Gears case have the usual UPC or was it a "not for re-sale" kind of deal?

I currently have the game sealed, but I might pick up the EE later on and instead of waiting a few hours, I'll open up my current copy, then return the sealed one from the EE.

Thanks, how's the art book as well? I'm disappointed it's still standard fare when it comes to art book size (like the MK one) being dvd cased sized and all :(

It's not a regular case. That won't work.

My Gears shipped from Amazon last night and I wake up this morning to see that there was a weather problem and that my package is in the city right next to mine but it won't go out for delivery until tomorrow morning now because of the massive amount of fog that came in this morning....

tumblr_lgntvjKIM61qamou6.jpg

Grisby

RS4- said:

Haven't looked in it but it is standard fare size. Looks like it may have a few more pages then a regular preorder deal.

Best art book I've had still is the Bioshock 2 LE one. That thing was awesome.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
Do you live in a trailer? Wtf is that?

P.S Just set your UPS/Amazon delivery to text you when it arrives.
Yeah, long story short i life in a 'refurbished' trailer in my dads back yard.
Tree fell on it, dude sold it to my dad, we ripped it up to the metal shell and threw in floors, insulation, walls and a queen sized futon.

Home Sweet Home.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
Yeah, long story short i life in a 'refurbished' trailer in my dads back yard.
Tree fell on it, dude sold it to my dad, we ripped it up to the metal shell and threw in floors, insulation, walls and a queen sized futon.

Home Sweet Home.

It looks like one of those old vintage bullet trailers, that's pretty fucking cool, lol. Well if you're a single young guy, which I'm guessing you are.

Got it, goodbye social life

edit: online stats are funny. 52000 for TDM, less then 10,000 combined for War/Exe, 0 for Horde(that makes me sad). Oh well, Campaign time

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
It looks like one of those old vintage bullet trailers, that's pretty fucking cool, lol. Well if you're a single young guy, which I'm guessing you are.
Nope, GF of four years digs it. Walls have a white-board sort of finish on them, she loves drawing all over them and stuff to pass the time. It's really nice to live rent free while going to college. Not to mention, i can play gears till 2 in the morning and not bug anyone with the 'fucking bullshit!' every 4 minutes

Bread

Banned
Good lord, Mercy is fucking beautiful. Same with Sand Bar. That's some of the best looking foliage I've seen in a video game.

bought it this morning, Played the first 15 minutes, then had to go.
Now i'm at home and my GF wants to watch Pirates of the C......

Goddammit.

Game looks great by the way (although Marcus and Dom looked liked midgets the first 15 minutes...

Will play later on. In the night is i have to. fucking Pirates..

Just for multiplayer reference, who is on the Gears Tag #2 and lives in the East coast?

EDIT: Actually, just post or PM your GT if you're on the East coast and want to group for some multiplayer later, Gears tag or not.

CrazedArabMan said:
My Gears shipped from Amazon last night and I wake up this morning to see that there was a weather problem and that my package is in the city right next to mine but it won't go out for delivery until tomorrow morning now because of the massive amount of fog that came in this morning....

I would bet if you called, they'd let you go pick it up.

Manp

played a tiny bit of campaign and yep, it's gears alright... and that's a good thing :)

the limited packaging is quite frankly spectacular.
content wise, not so much. a gear? nice... some crappy papers and blueprints? uhm...
where's my artbook? my making of disc? probably in the insanely expensive epic edition.
sad to say but both GOW1 and 2 limited editions were better content wise in my opinion.

and before you ask yes this was probably well known but i had no idea of the contend before getting the game this morning. i only got the limited because i already own the limited for the first two games (for i don't even know what reason since i never buy special editions of any game).

:)

kilongs

Damn hype is getting to me! Not gonna wait for my amazon copy anymore, just gonna head over to best buy/walmart to get a copy after work.

AEREC

Will the skins (com-dom, Mech Baird, savage kantos, etc...) be available as DLC at some point?

Ive got savage kantos but not sure if I wanna trade it or not.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
IT'S HERE!

Later Dudes!!! [For Reals This Time!!!!!]

LOL at the
stickers
!!!
Glad they did baird justice on the back.

Is there anyway to increase the feedback/rumble/recoile on the controller?
Just finished Resistance 3 and when you fire a bullit, you feel that the gun is devastating.
When firing the Lancer now, I hardly 'feel' it ( or maybe it needs some getting used to ).

Really awesome game though :D

Brannon

Played some of the multiplayer and it is SO MUCH MORE PLAYABLE than Gears 2. It's just... awesome. And how many times am I going to charge through crossfire to Retro Lance a bitch?

The world may never know.

got mine this afternoon. Only played a few minutes of the campaign but it looks pretty fucking good(playing on a 21" Trinitron CRT monitor). So much more going on. The menus and presentation are all very slick as well.

Won't be getting into it too much until later tonight, but I'm hoping they really did fix the multiplayer(!!!!) this time around.

Brannon said:
Played some of the multiplayer and it is SO MUCH MORE PLAYABLE than Gears 2. It's just... awesome. And how many times am I going to charge through crossfire to Retro Lance a bitch?

The world may never know.

Awesome. That is good to hear.

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
I would bet if you called, they'd let you go pick it up.

Eh, I'm stuck in class until 5 plus I would have to find out which bus runs by their warehouse, and even then my co-op partner won't be home until 10 plus I do have some work that needs done which would free up time for tomorrow. :/

Oh well, I was just hoping I would have it but I guess I have waited this long, I can wait one more day.

Muffdraul

vferrel said:
Work just called. They need me to come in from 4-6 today.

I just called my boss. I told him I'm not feeling well after lunch and must to go home sick for the rest of the day, possibly tomorrow too.

20110128203738!Trollface.png

Apoc87

Banned
Did anyone else not get their mechanical baird from best buy? Have you guys tried contacting them to see whats up? I'm getting the runaround.

Milly79

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Got it, goodbye social life

edit: online stats are funny. 52000 for TDM, less then 10,000 combined for War/Exe, 0 for Horde(that makes me sad). Oh well, Campaign time
I think it's buggy. Showed 0 for beast this morning and I was getting into games.

daedalius

RS4- said:

A bit small, and far too many words. Too many screenshots/bullshots of cinematic/in-game stuff, not enough 'art', like character art and environments (at least imo). I bought it from a guy in line last night after he picked up his Epic edition for $20, after looking through it I didn't think I made the best choice, lol... maybe $10-15.

Nothing really compares to the art book that came with Warhammer Online, that thing is monstrous and packed with so much art its nuts. I'm a big art book collector, so I have a ton, and it is probably one of my favorites. Recent releases though, Space Marine also has a really excellent art book.

I don't know if the Art book was a real draw in this package tho, mostly that statue and the other stuff I guess. Still glad I managed to get my hands on it w/o going to ebay or something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom