• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackdoe

Haha. Just got the game and first thing I notice is that there's no manual! Just a small insert. Kind of cheap, but hey, at least we got some stickers.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Did it start everyone at 20 sensitivity by default? It has me there.

Also, went in to test out before installing. No sound and shit on kids already. haha.

Time to install and unwrap marcus and place him next to Noble Team.

Apoc87

Banned
Did anyone else not get their mechanical baird from best buy? Have you guys tried contacting them to see whats up? I'm getting the runaround.

Posting for the new page. I had to call Best Buy customer service (1-888 number) 3 times before some guy told me "the manufacturers have up until 48 hours after release to send codes out, so just wait until after that window to contact us so we can step in."

Does this sound like bullshit?

CyReN

Sitting in my room browsing Neogaf like usual, hear the door bell. YES Gears of War 3 is here! Get to the door and it's someone selling some pizza coupons..

poker-face_meme_reasonably_small.jpg

Apoc87 said:
Did anyone else not get their mechanical baird from best buy? Have you guys tried contacting them to see whats up? I'm getting the runaround.
Still waiting on mine too. Judging by the Best Buy forums, I don't think anybody has received it.

Apoc87 said:

Posting for the new page. I had to call Best Buy customer service (1-888 number) 3 times before some guy told me "the manufacturers have up until 48 hours after release to send codes out, so just wait until after that window to contact us so we can step in."

Does this sound like bullshit?

Got my baird code from best buy at around 12:00am last night. I didn't even pick up the game yet from them and only have $5 down on it (although I've had a copy since Saturday).

Also, does anyone know if the dedicated servers are live yet?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bought the game at 10am this morning when Futureshop opened.

I don't finish work until 4:30pm (currently 3:51pm), I had to put the game into my desk drawer so it would stop taunting me.

Even worse I promised myself I wouldn't turn it on until after I hit the gym...

feelsbadman.jpg

Apoc87 said:

Mechanical Baird? Lambent plush doll? Retro Lancer steak knife set? You people and your goofy assorted special editions make me giggle.

EDIT: I just realized that "Mechanical Baird" was an in game model. I honestly thought it was some sort of singing dancing robot statuette thing. Like I said, you kids and your silly schwag...

RedStep

The Wise Old Man said:
Mechanical Baird? Lambent plush doll? Retro Lancer steak knife set? You people and your goofy assorted special editions make me giggle.

None of those things are real, but goddamn if I wouldn't buy them.

Raxus

Falagard said:
Not funny. This might prevent me from playing the game. Fucking sawed off.
It was bound to happen. SOS attracts scrubs, first day online = tons of scrubs. It will die down a little but you should be fine as long as you don't run head first looking for an insta gib. I learned to deal with the SOS in the beta.

If rumors are true and it got nerfed then it will be even easier for me to gobble up SOS'ers. PXG would probably agree if he wasn't in a catatonic state while playing gears.

jackdoe

_dementia said:
Preserve your dignity and just buy one off Ebay
I'd wait a couple of weeks. People are insane in thinking that these pre-order DLCs will sell at $20 and above, and people would be insane to purchase at that price. Granted, if Savage Kantus really sold at $20, I'd put my code up in a heartbeat.

pr0cs

RdN said:
I thought they nerfed it a little, but it's still a beast.
I think it's pretty good now, I'm not that great of a player but I never had as much nerd rage in my recent matches as I did in the beta.

The game looks so good in multiplayer, sandbar is so awesome from a graphical point of view.

JDeluis

I'm only going to use SOS in this game. Just like I only use Ken in Street Fighter 4 ;)

If some of you would stop running up to opponents and trying to shotgun everybody, you wouldn't be taken down from the SOS so easily.

B-Dex

I've seen and been killed by a gnasher in one hit a few times already. Of course I could have been a tiny bit injured from some other weapon first but it seemed like it was a one off gnasher shot.

Regardless, i'm pretty bad with shotties in this game. Not sure why.

JDeluis said:
I'm only going to use SOS in this game. Just like I only use Ken in Street Fighter 4 ;)

If some of you would stop running up to opponents and trying to shotgun everybody, you wouldn't be taken down from the SOS so easily.

I hope before every match you play, a giant box falls from the sky and smashes your character so that it prevents you from using the SOS.

pr0cs

jackdoe said:
WTF. I installed the game, but it's still reading off the game disc. So my 360 sounds like it's taking off.
the disc will still spin up to do the media check but should stop after than and read everything from your hdd.

JB1981

The encounters so far have bee amazingly designed. Difficulty on Hardcore feels perfectly tuned. I'm flanking left and right, game plays like a dream!

LosDaddie

Banned
dtgkn.jpg

:)

Now I just need to get done with the family stuff tonight and I'll be on XBL...

Marleyman said:
Sweet; you want to dig in to the campaign?

Campaign is straight with me. I love co-op gaming.

either that, or Horde mode.

Moaradin

Apoc87 said:

I didn't either. Currently waiting on the phone hoping someone resolves it.

anybody know what method Gears 3 uses to store your level progression and unlock data? is it server-side like Reach? does it use Microsoft's new cloud-saving tech and just keep it attached to your gamertag file?

Also, anyone know if it's safe to delete the Gears 3 Beta player data file after your stuff unlocks in the full title?

-> super anal about file management

Meisadragon said:
Just finished Act 1 with a friend, and it's already so much better than 1 and 2 pacing wise.

Yeah, I'm just through Chapter 3, and its really incredible. I played Gears 1 on Insane yesterday, and its really like night and freakin' day with Gears of War 3. The combat, the enemies, the storytelling, the fun one-liners and conversations, the animations, the controls, the pacing, everything has just been improved so much.

moai

what a nice surprise, epic edition just arrived and it came with a code for mechanic baird download. usually we never get this type of content in my country, but it is a nice bonus.

cacophony

September 20, 2011 01:33:00 AM Ontario CA US Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility

WHAT THE FUCK AMAZON

I love you so much and you do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom