• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ZROCOOL said:
Looking for a Savage Elite and kantus.

Remaining codes I have: extra com-dom, and IO. PM me if interested

PM'ed you back for the IO skins, I'll have both an extra Savage Grenadier Elite and a Savage Kantus tomorrow - whichever one you pick to trade for the IO skins, I'll trade the other for a Mechanic Baird to anyone else...

I do like Commando Dom, but the least out of the four though.

Xamdou

Still can't believe the insane recoil they added to the retro lancer. They made the weapon so useless now compared to how it was during the beta.

Xamdou said:
Still can't believe the insane recoil they added to the retro lancer. They made the weapon so useless now compared to how it was during the beta.
My advice: try shooting it like a Hammerburst, tap the trigger quickly. It still kicks but you'll be amazed at how much more accurate it is that way.

ShaneB

Xamdou said:

It's meant to be a close range rifle.

mbmonk

Congrats Cliffy another 360 console and Gears sale. I bought the bundle at Target; they had a $40 gift card w/ purchase. So I will be on tonight or early tomorrow (EST). I hope I can get with some Gaffers. I have been a PS3/PC gamer so I have no 360 friends to play with. :)

See you all online.

Bread

Banned
Ohhhh my god my game was waiting for me outside my door when I got back from class. I did not expect to get it so early. I'm so fucking excited to play this, hold me gaf.

see5harp

Goddamn so many horrible players getting all of their kills in execution with the SOS. I think I may prefer Team Deathmatch because of how the game flows. People really only get defensive when they are down to no respawns. Still love the hammerburst...Lancer is alright but for support fire from long distance there really is no comparison to the active hammerburst

pr0cs

mbmonk said:
I bought the bundle at Target; they had a $40 gift card w/ purchase. So I will be on tonight or early tomorrow (EST). I hope I can get with some Gaffers. I have been a PS3/PC gamer so I have no 360 friends to play with. :)

See you all online.
congrats on now owning all the consoles :)
get in one of the gaf gears3 tags or post your GT in your profile

Willeth

Annoying bug: when in split-screen, you can't hit A on the respawn screen to change your loadout. You're stuck with whatever your defaults were when you entered matchmaking.

So, I'm sure this has probably already been covered. But, what is the deal with beta unlocks not unlocking? Pretty sweet to not have any of my shit, since I unlocked everything you could.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
JambiBum said:
Lololololol
Gotta give Bungie/Halo some credit, without them standardizing campaign scoring and difficulty multipliers for campaign, Epic may not have gone out of their way.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Olivero said:
Wow. What an ending. Fantastic. A++ Epic.
Great to hear. The first two games basically didn't even HAVE endings. They simply "stopped" at a random point and you're left thinking "that's it?". It was particularly bad in Gears 2 where you encounter one of the lamest boss fights of late and then the game simply ends.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I have a Commando Dom code.
I'm willing to trade for any other character. Feel free to pm me. Thanks.

dmg04 said:
Lololololol
Gotta give Bungie/Halo some credit, without them standardizing campaign scoring and difficulty multipliers for campaign, Epic may not have gone out of their way.

Then Bungie in turn takes Horde mode and makes it their own. Everybody uses their peers' innovations to create bigger and better video games.

Unless you're Tecmo, and you just try and copy Gears of War without knowing why it works

Quantum_Theory.jpg

JambiBum

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Then Bungie in turn takes Horde mode and makes it their own. Everybody uses their peers' innovations to create bigger and better video games.

Unless you're Tecmo, and you just try and copy Gears of War without knowing why it works

Quantum_Theory.jpg
Nicely done lol. Forgot about that game.

h3ro

dmg04 said:
Lololololol

Yeah, they did a good job with that stuff, but let's keep that Halo nonsense outta here.

Its Hardcore and Insane. Pshhh heroic.

ShaneB

Papercuts said:
Mercy is so damn great looking. Love that map so far.

My favourite one so far too. I was bummed about the change to Gridlock to make it so grim and bleak, but with how gorgeous Mercy is, It's ok to have that balance. Same with Sandbar, lovely map.

wwm0nkey

LeonSKennedy90 said:

Quantum_Theory.jpg
Actually Bungie where one of the first to hop on the Survival mode train with Marathon, though Horde obviously pushed them to put it in their games again.

Magnus

My FutureShop order (from that crazy E3 sale, $40/new release) arrived, the first of five!

This or the RE4HD I just started playing? :(

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Olivero said:
Lol.

Seriously, I can't believe Epic pulled this off on the 360, the game looks stunning. I tried it in 3D as well; there is hardly any difference between the two modes except a little bit of screen-tearing in the 3D mode.

JB1981 said:
Talk about polish, this game looks and plays fucking INCREDIBLY!
Yep, it's a massive improvement over GoW2.

Louis

MANGOD said:
Anyone playing in 3d? impressions?

Mixed feelings about the 3D. When I started campain I shut it off right away. A couple of chapters later I tried it again and it looked good. It's a shame the xbox 360 doesnt support HDMI 1.4

My roommate is playing it right now. Gameplay looks awesome. Graphics aren't quite what I'd thought they'd be. I suppose they'll look better though as he advances further in the campaign.

jackdoe

ultron87 said:
Hardcore difficulty in videogames should always mean "you die once and you have to start the game over".

:p
Haha. Well, I thought soloing Insane with Gears of War 2 was pretty "hardcore". Dumb ass friendly AI can actually cause you to game over! So you have to play twice as well.

Captain N

did anyone else notice that if you change your weapon right before you respawn you don't get the weapon skin you have selected. just regular skin. odd.

JB1981

My oh my it feels soooo smooth. Cover system is just NAILED. I LOVED the opening. Graphics are superb, art direction is great ... great use of color and lighting. All I can say is WOW. AAA all over.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Reluctant-Hero said:
So Amazon did over sell the LEs. The rep I spoke with was extremely apologetic and offered me the Epic Edition for $79.99, not too shabby.
If you don't take that offer, imma find you and slap you!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
JB1981 said:
My oh my it feels soooo smooth. Cover system is just NAILED. I LOVED the opening. Graphics are superb, art direction is great ... great use of color and lighting. All I can say is WOW. AAA all over.
Damn, too bad. I was expecting AAAA, guess I'll have to lower my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom