• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor West said:
lol, I rock the pink and rainbow skins. It's the only way to fly.

Holy shit, Clone High avatar???

Say WHAAAAAAAT??

I'm loving the game so far. I got up to Chapter 3 Act 1 and played a little Deathmatch and Warzone. As much as it's hard, I always feel like Gears MP is just a tad more loser (read: me) friendly than Halo.

Seanbob11

Just finished the game! So good! One question though...
do you not get to see the disc that Adam Fenix hands Baird? I really wanna know whats on it :(

JDeluis

CrazedArabMan said:
I hope before every match you play, a giant box falls from the sky and smashes your character so that it prevents you from using the SOS.

The only person preventing me from using the SOS at the moment is UPS :(

Looking for a few good men/women for Hardcore co-op tonight, around 8pm EST. Don't worry, I'm not 12; I'm a 42 year old, reflex challenged, laid back dad who'll be gaming until the grave baby!

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I've been doing my best to stay out of Gears3 threads, but I just got my copy at lunch and played a few rounds of MP.

Excuse me if this has been covered, but was the Retro lancer totally nerfed from the beta and the is the regular Lancer OP now? I was getting knocked around silly when trying to use the retro, but after switching to the regular Lancer I was downing fools like nobodies business.

Also, first 30 minutes in MP = YES!

Can't wait to settle in for some co-op tonight.

Willeth

Seanbob11 said:
Just finished the game! So good! One question though...
do you not get to see the disc that Adam Fenix hands Baird? I really wanna know whats on it :(
Probably a DLC chapter.

I can see a Cole And Baird's Wacky Adventures campaign being one of the ones they do. They get left behind at Anvil Gate and then show up later for some old-school "Jase and Sam get the fuck out of here this is Delta business" action - there's a significant chunk of stuff there that'd be good to see.

FedEx guy comes to the door, I get excited, but then remember UPS is delivering. So I wait more.

By the way, anybody want to play co-op or multiplayer, add me. I'm going to try to be on as much as possible for this game, and my main group of players and myself work hours that conflict with each other, so I'd like a nice set of players I can play with, since I hate playing multiplayer alone.

Jhoan

My bro got his copy and he's playing right now. ;_; Meanwhile, I have to wait 4-7 days because I ordered it off of Newegg (it comes with a $20 gift card) and no tax.

The two K-Marts that I went to didn't have the game nor the 12 Month XBL card. It sucks.

ShaneB

Work is done shortly. Time to get to the gym to kick some ass, and then home for some Gears.

I'm kinda bummed A.Carmine is such a late unlock, will be rocking C.Carmine, and then B.Carmine until then.

U2NUMB

Reluctant-Hero said:
Damn, this game is soooo buttery smooth in MP. But, damn, I really want to pay some horde and I can't get into a session!

Currently in a full room of friends on wave 33 might be the most intense and epic game I have ever played.. horde is amazing.

wait till you take down a boss.. and what happens when they die.. holy shit

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Beast mode is probably only doable solo on Casual, and even then I only did it with the Berserker. Pretty fun though.

Satchel

Banned
I can't believe that after 3 games, and endless complaints and even a BETA, they still haven't fixed the shotgun.

Fucking hell.

Most games just come down to shotgun spamming, which mind you, the sawn off is as inconsistent as it fucking gets.

Glad all the lag is gone though. Game looks stunning.

DoomGyver

I still have a commando Dom code to trade, looking for one of the savage locusts.

Had some huge battles in Horde last night and everything was very smooth.

Hyunkel6

Private matches seem to count towards your overall versus stats. Is that intentional? I only played two games against friends, and my stats keep on updating.

I've messaged a few members already but I still have a Mechanic Baird for trade. Looking for Savage Kantus or Savage Grenadier Elite. PM if you're interested.

alphaNoid

Banned
Just picked up my copy today!
3AQmK.gif
Waiting until tonight to play though, I have a ton of other shit to do on my day off :( fml haha

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Have the people complaining about the manual not seen a ubisoft game lately? It's literally a single sheet saying to get the manual ingame.

kuYuri

Zeth said:
Gaaaah. Still out for delivery. (east coast) Damn you UPS guy I must be the last stop of the day.

Same. What upsets me is that I saw the UPS guy I usually see earlier about two blocks away from where I live, but apparently didn't deliver to my house or maybe even the neighborhood.

kaskade

I'm like the last person on the UPS route. It's still not here yet. FedEx guy is usually morning too. Oh well I must use this time strategically for homework.

If i download the 160pt cogpack dlc, will i be able to play as hoffman and other locked characters without leveling up? Or do i only get skins for characters i have earned ingame?

kuYuri

Papercuts said:
Have the people complaining about the manual not seen a ubisoft game lately? It's literally a single sheet saying to get the manual ingame.

Ironically, Microsoft published games such as Gears 1-2, Mass Effect, the Halos, Alan Wake, etc. always had nice, thick, full color manuals. With Gears 3, it's like watching an empire fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom