• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpkin

Nekuru said:
WOW this really sucks. I finally got it to read it after maybe 10 tries. Currently installing but man, what does one do in this situation? I have a slim.
I've got a 360 fat - the FFXIII console bundle - and I didn't have any disc issues. Mine is from an Epic Edition of the game.

Speaking of which, the case itself a very ho-hum. I get that they were trying to make it feel like another history piece from the universe, but I still would have preferred a steelbook like the LE.

Teknoman said:
Hang back with ranged weapons and let your team close in while you cover them?

It's difficult when your team is full of randoms.

I keep getting killed by the sawn off from a roadie run or roll, even after unloading into someone. Irritating, but it's late so it might just be me.

Grisby

jackdoe said:
You can manually reload. There's no auto reload though.

Also, excess of Jennifer Hale in Act 1.

Claudia Black and Jennifer Hale in Gears? When Hale started talkin I was like, "Aw, yeah."

JimiNutz

Banned
Got my first hate message! (which is a big deal for me since I don't online game much).

We ran into a whole team rocking the SOS, so I pulled out my Lancer and avoided any CQC with my Gnasher. I went 13 - 1 (with 13 downs) and next thing I get a message telling me to 'get out your shotgun or fuck off back to COD' - which is ironic since I haven't played a COD since COD4...which I wasn't very good at anyway lol.

I didnt even bother to reply, and after a few more Lancer kills he rage quits and then sends me a message saying that 'people like you (me) ruin the game' - all because I used my Lancer to counter his SOS spamming. LOL.

Teknoman

MarshMellow96 said:
It's difficult when your team is full of randoms.

I keep getting killed by the sawn off from a roadie run or roll, even after unloading into someone. Irritating, but it's late so it might just be me.

Oh SOS...yeah those can be troublesome. Cant really say much than try to keep your distance if you see someone barreling towards you. Other solution is try to get some of GAF gears on your team. Random players can be hit or miss (dont forget that you're a random in their eyes too) but sometimes you can just help by giving orders through the mic. They might not listen, but more often than not, someone will snap to it.

NutJobJim said:
Got my first hate message! (which is a big deal for me since I don't online game much).

We ran into a whole team rocking the SOS, so I pulled out my Lancer and avoided any CQC with my Gnasher. I went 13 - 1 (with 13 downs) and next thing I get a message telling me to 'get out your shotgun or fuck off back to COD' - which is ironic since I haven't played a COD since COD4...which I wasn't very good at anyway lol.

I didnt even bother to reply, and after a few more Lancer kills he rage quits and then sends me a message saying that 'people like you (me) ruin the game' - all because I used my Lancer to counter his SOS spamming. LOL.

Wow lol seriously? How can you hate on the poster weapon for the game? More power to you, and keep on lancing.

UGH this wait for my account investigation to be over with is killing me. Campaign is awesome though.

Rigest

Neo Member

Well for a first hate message it's pretty funny :)

I'm just curious if there is anybody who is like me who quite liked Gears 1 and hated Gears 2 and if so, what do they think of Gears 3?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
IdreamofHIME said:
How do I fire rockets with the silver back? This little note came up that I didn't read quick enough and now I'm getting my ass handed to me by something that clearly needs rockets to beat. :(
lol the same exact thing just happened to me

alexel

Anyone willing to trade a Commando Dom code for a Savage Kantus? I realize Commando Dom is super common out there but would love a Savage Kantus code if anyone's willing. Please PM me if you are, thanks.

I'll be honest here - I was only a little hyped for this game. I loved the first two Gears but never took them online. I didn't think we needed a third Gears, but I liked the series enough to buy the third one today.

Let me say that I was NOT expecting to be having this much fun. The campaign is great, and the multiplayer is an absolute BLAST! After a few rounds I was holding my own and really having a fantastic time.

Kudos to a great game, Epic.

Elginer

Just started campaign and holy shit this looks glorious. Cliff and the crew at Epic have done some amazing thing with Unreal Engine. I now want all over game using UE to use this version. Please and thank you.

VaLiancY

Played Campaign, I wasn't feeling Act 1 at all but it picked up a lot from Act 2. Multiplayer is tons of fun and I'm dreadful at the game. I get all nervous in close range shotgun fights because I usually end up getting gibbed but doesn't take away from the fun.

The Tribal skins make your guns look like watermelons. Fruit pwnage. All in all, I'm happy with the skins. They look especially nice when they suit the environment, i.e. Tribal on Sand Bar/Mercy, Desert Camo on Trenches, etc.

And yeah. This game is actually amazing; what it is, how it runs, how it looks... It's such an amazing package. It shits me to no end that all of my friends are preoccupied with MW3 and Fifa 12 just because Gears comes across as a bit left of centre. Then again, all of my friends are casual gamers.

-PXG-

The Hammerburst is so dirty. It's just too good. It's a beast. HB and Gnasher compliment each other perfectly.

I have yet to use the SOS. Don't ever plan on using that punk ass gun.

Raxus

-PXG- said:
The Hammerburst is so dirty. It's just too good. It's a beast. HB and Gnasher compliment each other perfectly.

I am just going to get my 6000 kills with the SOS and never use the gun again.

-PXG- said:

preach. didnt touch it in the beta. wont touch it now.

masterkajo

I have a question regarding ACT3 Chapter 2. Havn't played farther than that.

There is a short video when you go rescue Anya and Sam where a Locust rips off the arm of a man and beats him to with it... is that Carmine? I didn't pay too much attention to it because of 4 player coop and all the action going on. A simple YES or NO please!
Also, some tipps for the boss fight for 4 player coop on hardcore would be nice. We tried for about 2-3 hours and didn't make it. (Beat it on my first try on my own on Hardcore just now at my house... but I guess it is easier alone. Didn't take me more than 3 minutes.)

Thanks

DoomGyver

-PXG- said:

Same here, brofist

-PXG-

RSTEIN said:
Shut this gen down. No game is going to top this.

Seriously. I'm contemplating not getting Skyrim or Zelda. This game is hot. Easily the best MP this gen. Epic knocked this out of the park

jackdoe

VaLiancY said:
Played Campaign, I wasn't feeling Act 1 at all but it picked up a lot from Act 2. Multiplayer is tons of fun and I'm dreadful at the game. I get all nervous in close range shotgun fights because I usually end up getting gibbed but doesn't take away from the fun.
Same.
Savage locust definitely helped!

One thing I'm finding is that the friendly AI is so damned effective in this game. Also, I'm playing this game a lot like Killzone 3 for pretty much the same exact reasons: it's hard to get killed. Which is why I'm playing a much more aggressive play style for campaign than I had for Gears 1 and 2. So, tons of melee kills (retro lancer FTW).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom