• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

Did anyone else get this from Amazon? "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility"

hasnt been update since 2am either :(

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Oh god, watched some Gears 3 video on Youtube and typically there was some related video on the side with a massive spoiler in it. WHY does this always happen to me :'(

JeTmAn81 said:
So the game was delivered to my workplace, but somehow the mail people here failed to deliver it to me. I've looked everywhere, and no game to be found. I'm thinking it will turn up in the next couple of days. But for now I've got no game. What to do?

35403t.jpg
Man, I'm in the same boat almost. First time I've felt like Amazon has fucked me.

How do I fire rockets with the silver back? This little note came up that I didn't read quick enough and now I'm getting my ass handed to me by something that clearly needs rockets to beat. :(

Vire

This is one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not even exaggerating.

Some of the stuff towards the end of the first Act is downright jaw dropping.

If you have an Xbox 360. BUY THIS GAME NOW!

bumpkin

Grisby said:
It's kinda nuts really. One of the characters was like, "You remember when you did all that?" and I'm all, "Yeah, I did I read the book."

Referencing some key points really. I don't think its too much though if you never read them.
Yeah man, it really is.
When Prescott mentioned an old bastard being pissed when he was dying, I knew he meant Hoffman before Baird said it. :) And Bernie is every bit as fucking bad-ass as she is in the books. When she called Baird "blondie," I grinned.

RS4-

IdreamofHIME said:
How do I fire rockets with the silver back? This little note came up that I didn't read quick enough and now I'm getting my ass handed to me by something that clearly needs rockets to beat. :(

Push A I think, to turn into that turret mode thing, then you'll see that you have four rockets to shoot. I don't think you can manually reload, you have to switch back into the walking stance.

legbone

cacophony said:
Did anyone else get this from Amazon? "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility"

hasnt been update since 2am either :(

i got mine from amazon around an hour ago. so not sure what is up. you are not the first person that i have heard/read mention that theirs was delayed.

Nelo Ice

Banned
finally my copy came in! kinda wish i got the LE but i wasnt about to spend my amazon credit on a game that didnt give me credit back lol.

jackdoe

RS4- said:
Push A I think, to turn into that turret mode thing, then you'll see that you have four rockets to shoot. I don't think you can manually reload, you have to switch back into the walking stance.
You can manually reload. There's no auto reload though.

Also, excess of Jennifer Hale in Act 1.

RS4- said:

I thought it said that, but when I push A I break into a rodey run :/

I haven't changed the controls or anything. I'm confused.

Solo

Glad to hear the SP campaign is good. Absolutey loved the campaign in Gears 1 and really liked the one in Gears 2 also.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
charsace said:
I should have a kantus code coming. I am interested in the dirt3.
Cool! PM me whenever you get it! Or add me on steam (same as GAF handle) whenever. I should be home in about 3 hours. Long day and week at school.

mbmonk

I just opened my Gears3 console bundle. I am not seeing an XBL trail anywhere. It's not in the game case or anywhere in the box that I can see. Anyone else buy the bundle? If so did you have an XBL trail included in it?

Nekuru

Crap, my xbox 360 refuses to read my Gears 3 disc. All other games work. Anyone experiencing issues? Says "The Disc is unreadable" ;-(. Got limited edition.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Nekuru said:
Crap, my xbox 360 refuses to read my Gears 3 disc. All other games work. Anyone experiencing issues? Says "The Disc is unreadable" ;-(. Got limited edition.

I am having the exact same issue!!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Nekuru said:
Of note: this is the first XBOX360 game to ship on the expanded disc format (which was enabled by one of the recent firmware changes). As usual with this kind of thing, it seems possible that some 360 drives may have problems reading the discs.

I suspect that it was you are running into.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
dark10x said:
Of note: this is the first XBOX360 game to ship on the expanded disc format (which was enabled by one of the recent firmware changes). As usual with this kind of thing, it seems possible that some 360 drives may have problems reading the discs.

What the heck are we supposed to do! My elite is not reading the game.

Nekuru

dark10x said:

WOW this really sucks. I finally got it to read it after maybe 10 tries. Currently installing but man, what does one do in this situation? I have a slim.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Nekuru said:
WOW this really sucks. I finally got it to read it after maybe 10 tries. Currently installing but man, what does one do in this situation? I have a slim.

It kicked in? I've tried almost as many times and nothing!

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Shikamaru Ninja said:
What the heck are we supposed to do! My elite is not reading the game.

I feel for you. I hope it reads once, and then that you get to install it in that time. From then on it should work.

h3ro

Nekuru said:
If the game installs correctly, then as long as the system is able to verify which game is in the tray when you start playing, then you should be good to go since it will read the game off the hard drive, not the disk. Fingers crossed for you.

Dorfdad said:
shotguns = overpowered = ruined multiplayer!

shotguns = overpowered = Gears of War

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
UPS guy walks into the office and asks "Gears of War 3?" I confirm it is and he continues, "You have no idea how many of these we've delivered today!"

So awesome.

The wait to be done for the day is starting to get to me! Just 40 more minutes!

D23

allright.. after finishing up ACT I and played 2 hours of team deathmatch, i have to say that this is one of the best game i have ever played. wow.

Nekuru

Shikamaru Ninja said:
It kicked in? I've tried almost as many times and nothing!

Yeah finally kicked in. I'm thinking i'll go swap the disc at BestBuy tomorrow. I know it's a long shot but you never know.

MjFrancis

bumpkin said:
I'm currently working on a SP play through on hardcore difficulty (following Cliff/Rod's suggestion). So far, it's pretty fucking awesome. I think the experience and story-telling are all the more satisfying since I've read every novel penned by Karen Traviss, the same person who did 3's story. The latest book which I finished Sunday night in anticipation (or preperation) "Coalition's End" directly connects events following 2 and leads right into just before 3 starts. It's awesome finally getting to interact with the characters established in the novels. Loving it.

At any rate, I ended my session today with the "Was it Good for You?" level/achievement. Looking forward to playing it some more in the coming days. :)
I probably should have done that myself. It's likely that I relearned some awful run and gun tactics that would get me killed on any other difficulty level :p

Good way to soak everything in, though. On every Gears I played a less difficult mode before moving up to Insane. I tried Gears 2 Insane but found it much more difficult as a solo venture, primarily because of turret and/or vehicle sections.

BTW Epic, I loathe both, but only on Insane.

Do you guys have any tips for someone who is going like 4-6 each match? I have to keep a distance to get any kills. Also do you guys hip fire your Shotgun?

RS4-

mbmonk said:
I just opened my Gears3 console bundle. I am not seeing an XBL trail anywhere. It's not in the game case or anywhere in the box that I can see. Anyone else buy the bundle? If so did you have an XBL trail included in it?
Only works if you make a new live account/gamertag. It'll ask you to upgrade to a free month of Gold or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom