• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
leng jai said:
This game would look insane on PC..then again Gears 2 would have as well and it never came.

seriously i wish it was on pc. and im so used to pc gaming again that i keep thinking i can pause the game and change the settings so the game will run even better lol.

Going to start Gears 3 in 30min and just wondering what difficulty I should play on. Will be playing co-op with my brother, both experienced gamers and fairly decent at previous Gears, what is the general consensus regarding difficulty? Normal, hardcore or insane?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sutton Dagger said:
Going to start Gears 3 in 30min and just wondering what difficulty I should play on. Will be playing co-op with my brother, both experienced gamers and fairly decent at previous Gears, what is the general consensus regarding difficulty? Normal, hardcore or insane?
Hardcore. Everyone says hardcore. Devs say hardcore, people say hardcore, hardcore. Insane is locked until you complete the campaign once over on any difficulty.

LEGGZZZZ

Sutton Dagger said:

hardcore

It's a constant tug of war for me whether I should play campaign or multiplayer. I don't really want to get spoiled but MP is so damn addictive that I just can't leave it.

In Gears 2 all I did was play Horde since MP was so terrible but that's all in the past now. I haven't gushed over a game in a long time but this one deserves all the praise it's getting. Chock-full of content to the brim.

Anyone else using the (free) Haze skin? I'm kinda digging it.

cacophony

I always beat campaign first because I know that if i start playing MP I will never go back and finish campaign.

amazon still says my package is delayed :(

mickcenary said:
I'm tempted to re-buy it because the Epic Edition doesn't come with the "actual" game case. Am I stupid, or awesomely devoted?
Stupid, but you have an amazing avatar of Yanni coming out of the water. lol...ok.

Love his music.

sk3tch

I am sure this has been asked 1000x...so I apologize in advance - but what do you need to do to get recognized as a beta tester? I was definitely in it and I played to unlock the weapons every week. But I have nothing in my Gears3 profile that indicates this. I see other players with it so I assume it is not bugged. I switched 360s between now and then (and did not transfer saves) so could that be it? I thought it'd be attached to my GT...

Plissken

19 & 21 said:
Am I the only one still waiting for the Amazon Release Date shipping? Fuck sake it's 7:20 PM with no sign of it.

Nope, mine didn't arrive at all today, despite it being IN my town at 6 this morning. I checked my UPS tracking and I won't get it til tomorrow, because of "driver error". This is the third game in a row where UPS has failed to actually get my Release Day delivery to me on Release Day, starting to get annoyed.

19 & 21 said:
Am I the only one still waiting for the Amazon Release Date shipping? Fuck sake it's 7:20 PM with no sign of it.
I dunno man, did Amazon have a crazy deal going on or something? I'm hearing all these people not getting the game yet and I'm about to pick it up from anywhere in town I want and could have had it early this morning if I chose to. Why does everyone swear by online when this sort of thing is so easy to happen?

K' Dash

Devin Olsen said:
Just picked it up, cannot wait. <3

EMgFhl.jpg

What the fuck is wrong with your thumb?

Someone had to do it

Enjoy the game :p

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is Sam voiced by the same voice actress as the one who did Chloe in Uncharted 2?

And this game is amazing. I've been ready for new systems for awhile now, but the graphics in this game are insane. So much crazy action and I'm loving how open most of the battlefields are.

kle89

Neo Member
hey all been ps3 all this time but could no longer resist, just bought a 360 and this today! lol

add me, gametag - fooliecoolie

enzo_gt said:
Hardcore. Everyone says hardcore. Devs say hardcore, people say hardcore, hardcore. Insane is locked until you complete the campaign once over on any difficulty.

Ah ok that makes it easier, I was thinking hardcore or insane really, but it's locked out. Hardcore it is.

Dark Octave said:
Stupid, but you have an amazing avatar of Yanni coming out of the water. lol...ok.

Love his music.

YES. I think you're the first person to actually know who he is and not assume that I'm just a raging homosexual.

Amazing music.

Maddog said:
Looks like a toe.

Yup, looks like he lost the tip of the thumb and they surgically replaced it with the tip of his toe. There was a guy in my church who had lost his entire thumb in a carpentry accident and had a whole toe instead of just the tip.

Maddog

Genesis Knight said:
Yup, looks like he lost the tip of the thumb and they surgically replaced it with the tip of his toe. There was a guy in my church who had lost his entire thumb in a carpentry accident and had a whole toe instead of just the tip.

Or it's just a picture of his foot....

Robot Pants

Anyone notice the messed up audio file of Chairman Prescott after a COG win/loss (can't remember) in multiplayer? One of his speeches cuts out one of the words. Wondering if it's just my disk.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
mickcenary said:
I'm tempted to re-buy it because the Epic Edition doesn't come with the "actual" game case. Am I stupid, or awesomely devoted?

Awesomely devoted, I brought it twice myself.

mbmonk

RS4- said:
Only works if you make a new live account/gamertag. It'll ask you to upgrade to a free month of Gold or something.

Thank you. I just recovered my PC Xbox account so that would explain it.

Apoc87

Banned
Hey just a reminder, to everyone that hasn't recieved their mech baird skin, call 1888BESTBUY and talk to them and they will most likely give you your code over the phone. It was about a half an hour wait, but totally worth it.

JB1981

This is the best moment to moment shooter around. Loving the enemy variety and the stellar art direction. This is one of the best looking games ever made

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Used the SOS for 1 game.

I can't believe how easy it is to go 10 and 1 using the thing. Just stand at a corner and let fools rush you :\

Back to Gnasher. Hit the 100 mark before i had to take a break, can't wait to unlock the execution.

Plissken

Dark Octave said:
I dunno man, did Amazon have a crazy deal going on or something? I'm hearing all these people not getting the game yet and I'm about to pick it up from anywhere in town I want and could have had it early this morning if I chose to. Why does everyone swear by online when this sort of thing is so easy to happen?

I have been ordering from Amazon (with Prime) for 2 years now, and until the last couple deliveries, their Release Date delivery has always arrived right on time. Plus, you generally get a $10-$20 credit when you pre-order through them (Gears 3 was a $20 credit, plus a multiplayer skin). That's why I stick with online, despite the occasional hiccup.

sk3tch

sk3tch said:
I am sure this has been asked 1000x...so I apologize in advance - but what do you need to do to get recognized as a beta tester? I was definitely in it and I played to unlock the weapons every week. But I have nothing in my Gears3 profile that indicates this. I see other players with it so I assume it is not bugged. I switched 360s between now and then (and did not transfer saves) so could that be it? I thought it'd be attached to my GT...

Anyone?

EDIT: sigh...figured it out...it is all tied to a beta save file on your HDD. So I should have transferred everything over. :-/ ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom