• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grisby said:
Gears has the best enemies man. I love the look of some of the stranger creatures you run into.

I love Gunkers because the lighting effects and crazy explosions that happen when you kill them are fuck-amazing. First Gunker I killed in campaign made my jaw drop. :eek:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Eric WK said:
I have Commando Dom and Savage Kantus codes for trade. Not really sure what I want, but if skins are somehow tradeable I'd be interested in those.
I'll give you a (legit AMD) DiRT3 steam key for either!

Spasm

Public service announcement for multiple console owners:

Boot up Gears 3 on the console you did all your beta unlocks on first, or kiss every unlock goodbye. Forever, it seems. No amount of file transferring has triggered them for me.

Am I fucked? :(

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Really weird. I got my brand new copy from Amazon. But for some reason the game won't load on the 360. The disc is brand new and I do not see any cracks or anything.

Just get the can not recognize disk message. Anyone ever had a similar experience?

Papercuts said:
It's way more detailed than I expected for an avatar thing, holy shit haha.

lmao that's great

Spasm said:

Boot up Gears 3 on the console you did all your beta unlocks on first, or kiss every unlock goodbye. Forever, it seems. No amount of file transferring has triggered them for me.

Uh oh, I gave that 360 to a friend. MotherFUCK.

gdt

Damn, this is awesome. This game looks siiiiiiiiiiiiick, with excellent IQ. Great campaign so far.

I'll hop into Horde mode later tonight.

GT: stones42

mocoworm

Spasm said:

I found this on another site:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=330512

Few things this could be.

First: Dashboard, and go back into the game. sometimes they simply don't unlock.

Secondly: if your profile is NOT on the same storage device as your beta save, they won't unlock. Simply move your profile and beta save to the same storage device and they'll unlock fine.

even if it's like this, they may unlock after dashboarding, for me they did not.

And if neither of those fixed it, and you have a beta save, then somethings wrong and you should head to the official forums for help.

from what i've gathered, these are the two main ways people are fixing it, including myself earlier.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Spasm said:

SRSLY?

fffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!! THAT'S UTTER CRAP!!!

snack

Spasm said:

Oh snap!

leng jai

gdt5016 said:
Damn, this is awesome. This game looks siiiiiiiiiiiiick, with excellent IQ. Great campaign so far.

I'll hop into Horde mode later tonight.

GT: stones42

Only if you're not OCD about jaggies.

Grisby

Seth Balmore said:
I love Gunkers because the lighting effects and crazy explosions that happen when you kill them are fuck-amazing. First Gunker I killed in campaign made my jaw drop. :eek:

Every time, man. Jaw to the floor or a huge grin.

RS4-

Spasm said:

...lol. Great. The 360 that I used for the Beta, I sold a few months ago. So I guess that means no gold guns and Thrashball Cole, etc for me.

That's bullshit

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Played the single player so far for a bit. Pretty damn good. It's been awhile since I played Gears, but it feels like everything moves faster (maybe it does??). I like that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Nearly finished with chapter 1 and am absolutely loving it. Truly a class act. Absolutely blows away Gears of War 2 in every facet thus far. Don't get me wrong, I loved Gears 2, but it had its share of issues that didn't sit right with me (the scenery, for one thing). This is much more compelling.

JB1981

Seth Balmore said:
Seriously that effect never gets old

jackdoe

Papercuts said:
Seriously? I could've sworn you did. I distinctly remember you just died in Gears 1 without getting downed, but thought they changed that.
I just played through Gears of War 2 solo this weekend on Hardcore. Was never downed once. I do feel that being able to be revived by the AI does make the game a little easier, but with Gunkers chucking so much crap at you, I feel it does balance out.

Barrett2

Missed the Fedex delivery today because I was doing pro bono work and the office director decided to bizarrely explain to me tons of shit I already knew for like 2 hrs..... must. wait. til. tomorrow.

LifEndz

Just finished Act I....wow. If the rest of the game is this good then this might be a legit contender for GOTY.
I reserve the right to change my mind after Uncharted 3 comes out

A few questions, men:

1. Is MP currently running P2P? If so, it's fucking amazing.

2. What skins has everyone purchased? Tribal, Desert Camo and Team Metal for myself.

3. No one wants some Infected Omen skins, preferrably for a Kantus or a Baird?

Also, Epic definitely showcased the best maps during the beta. Sandbar is not clicking with me; it just seems a bit too spaced out. It looks great, though.

Murkas

Liking the game more each time I play it.

I'm still pissed that C.Carmine
got no screentime, Anthony probably had more screentime than him, Carmine's are awesome, I wanted to see more of him. Fuck Dom, I was more sad with Anthony and Ben's deaths :(

Anyone else also felt that had Carmine must die shirts sold more, they would have simply not put the final scene with him picking up the helmet? I felt that was kinda lazy!

MjFrancis

Just finished SP. Solo run on Normal. Game time was a little under nine hours of a ten hour session. Didn't think that was half bad. Completed Gears 1 Insane and Gears 2 Hardcore, never co-op. After a breather (a few hours? days?) I'll probably try to find some randoms to 4-player co-op this thing. Piecemeal, instead of one go.

First game I've sat down and played through in such a long spurt since... well, it's been a while. Probably the Neotokyo Source mod two years ago.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Really weird. I got my brand new copy from Amazon. But for some reason the game won't load on the 360. The disc is brand new and I do not see any cracks or anything.

Just get the can not recognize disk message. Anyone ever had a similar experience?

Sounds like you don't have the latest dashboard update.

JeTmAn81

So the game was delivered to my workplace, but somehow the mail people here failed to deliver it to me. I've looked everywhere, and no game to be found. I'm thinking it will turn up in the next couple of days. But for now I've got no game. What to do?

35403t.jpg

Dreaver

Played the game tonight. My thoughts so far on singleplayer, currently at Act 2 Chapter 4 or so.
- In general, the game is amazing so far. Nothing that mindblowing yet in my opinion, but it is very solid and great in general.
- The Lambert was certainly a refreshing new enemy.
Though I am very happy fighting the Locust again.
- Graphics are awesome, new enemies are awesome, new weapons are pretty cool.
- I agree some parts of the story are pretty vague if you only played Gears 1 and 2.
- The game is piss easy so far, playing hardcore 2 player co-op.

bumpkin

MjFrancis said:
Just finished SP. Solo run on Normal. Game time was a little under nine hours of a ten hour session. Didn't think that was half bad. Completed Gears 1 Insane and Gears 2 Hardcore, never co-op. After a breather (a few hours? days?) I'll probably try to find some randoms to 4-player co-op this thing. Piecemeal, instead of one go.

First game I've sat down and played through in such a long spurt since... well, it's been a while. Probably the Neotokyo Source mod two years ago.
I'm currently working on a SP play through on hardcore difficulty (following Cliff/Rod's suggestion). So far, it's pretty fucking awesome. I think the experience and story-telling are all the more satisfying since I've read every novel penned by Karen Traviss, the same person who did 3's story. The latest book which I finished Sunday night in anticipation (or preperation) "Coalition's End" directly connects events following 2 and leads right into just before 3 starts. It's awesome finally getting to interact with the characters established in the novels. Loving it.

At any rate, I ended my session today with the "Was it Good for You?" level/achievement. Looking forward to playing it some more in the coming days. :)

legbone

fedex just dropped off my le about an hour ago. i have to say, it's probably the nicest limited/collector's edition i own. i thought the deus ex one was nice, well it is, but this is in another league. the feel of the box and the quality of the medal is amazing. nice touch with the code on it but i kind of wish it wasn't there. anyway, i still have to wrap up the campaign from gears 2 before sinking my teeth into this one but i think i will definitely try out some horde 2.0 when i get home from volunteering.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
johnFkennedy said:
Sounds like you don't have the latest dashboard update.

I'm online all the time really. I could not have missed one. The game just keeps reading as unreadable and the disc looks flawless. Just opened it really. Never had this situation before was wondering if any gaffers have had this occurrence.

Grisby

bumpkin said:
I'm currently working on a SP play through on hardcore difficulty (following Cliff/Rod's suggestion). So far, it's pretty fucking awesome. I think the experience and story-telling are all the more satisfying since I've read every novel penned by Karen Traviss, the same person who did 3's story. The latest book which I finished Sunday night in anticipation (or preperation) "Coalition's End" directly connects events following 2 and leads right into just before 3 starts. It's awesome finally getting to interact with the characters established in the novels. Loving it.

At any rate, I ended my session today with the "Was it Good for You?" level/achievement. Looking forward to playing it some more in the coming days. :)

It's kinda nuts really. One of the characters was like, "You remember when you did all that?" and I'm all, "Yeah, I did I read the book."

Referencing some key points really. I don't think its too much though if you never read them.

Spasm

Spasm said:

OK, maybe I should clarify. I've got an SP Xbox, and an MP Xbox. My SP Xbox is my main, so I make sure to DL everything to that one first for licensing. It had a beta save game, but I didn't use it to unlock anything. On my MP Xbox, I did all the unlocking. So now I have two different beta save files on two different Xboxes.

I booted up the full game first on my SP Xbox. It scanned, but since I didn't do any unlocking on this save, didn't find anything. Take my profile on a USB stick over to my MP Xbox, the one with the proper beta save. Boot it up, scans the correct beta save, and still nothing. Move the beta save over to the first Xbox. Still nothing. Delete the full game saves to try and force a fresh rescan. Nothing.

It's like that first time you make a full version save game, it's uploading your unlocks to the cloud, but then never again.

Yeah, I'll take it to the official forums though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom