• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

krpiper

I popped it in for about an hour and played 4 matches and leveled up to 5.

I am really enjoying this so far, I seem to be pretty decent (1.2 kdr) which isnt godly but I think its pretty acceptable (my mw2 kdr was like .35 hah)

Solid game all around thogh

_Xenon_

Banned
Finished the campaign last night ... kind of disappointed with the cliffhanger ending. And one certain scene feels really staged and stupid to be honest. Collectibles are incredible hard to find this time, only got 19. Time to try out some multi-play modes. Dedicated server this time?

inf3cti0n

Banned
act 3 - surround sound bumping - heart racing. Best part of any gears game so far. If I didn't have to work tommorrow I would still be rocking it. One of the best if not the best single player experience in any shooter I have played. Props Epic.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
leng jai said:
So is the SOS an insta-gib weapon or what?
When you're within range. When you KNOW someone is hiding around a corner with it, toss a smoke grenade in to stun them. They can move, but can't shoot.

If it's down to 2 V 1 and the 1 is being a SOSWhore, have one cover while the other grabs a grenade/power weapon. Poop on that beeeeyotch!

Proelite

Just finished Act 1 after 3 hours on Hardcore. Taking my sweet time with the awesome sp.

Gunker explosions are the most satisfying non-cutscene explosions so far that I've seen in a game.
The graphics on the bridge. :O

Epic are the adeptus astartes of game developers.

Gnite everyone. Can't wait to continue the campaign tomorrow after work.

krpiper said:
I popped it in for about an hour and played 4 matches and leveled up to 5.

I am really enjoying this so far, I seem to be pretty decent (1.2 kdr) which isnt godly but I think its pretty acceptable (my mw2 kdr was like .35 hah)

Solid game all around thogh

I'm 1.9in' from TDM. I, too, am nowhere near god-tier, even if I may fluke the occasional awesome wall-bounce kill, but christ almighty are there some retards playing. It's both good and bad, enjoyment in this gams heavily hinges on having an at least semi-competent team.

Tawpgun

_dementia said:
I had much fun with my friend playing to Act 4

SPOILERS
Sad about Dom :(
FUCK I SPOILED IT ACCIDENTALLY.

Goddamnit.

Anyway, the sawed off is less annoying. But still annoying.

Killer

Banned
The game really missing a forge mode where you can select weapons to appear on the map. other than that, it's almost too good :p.

shitting on some kids
all day long
what could be better?

The Cole train runs on wheat grain!

Nothing feels better than having a SOS user blow his load prematurely so that I can blow him apart with my gnasher, then wall bouncing behind his cheap, sorry ass SOS-using friend, blasting away, then finishing it off with a super on a third SOS bitch.

No wonder these kids hide around the corners all match. Too bad that shit don't work, either.

joat217

Neo Member
I was gonna ask if someone can get a match online,
i was waiting for 5 mins and then a game started.
I look at the list of players and see that it all AI's.

Tawpgun

shichishito said:
shitting on some kids
all day long
what could be better?

The Cole train runs on wheat grain!

Nothing feels better than having a SOS user blow his load prematurely so that I can blow him apart with my gnasher, then wall bouncing behind his cheap, sorry ass SOS-using friend, blasting away, then finishing it off with a super on a third SOS bitch.

No wonder these kids hide around the corners all match. Too bad that shit don't work, either.
Nothing feels worse than feeling like a boss only to have that taken away from you by a SOS that was fired in your general direction.

It's better than the beta one but fuck is it still annoying.

nitric0

Just powered through the campaign with a friend on hardcore from 1pm-1230am. Took a few breaks, overall the campaign was pretty mediocre to decent. The MP is fantastic, the SP not so much. Felt too similar to Gears 2 and the weapon variety is pretty crap.

ZeroRay

nitric0 said:
Just powered through the campaign with a friend on hardcore from 1pm-1230am. Took a few breaks, overall the campaign was pretty mediocre to decent. The MP is fantastic, the SP not so much. Felt too similar to Gears 2 and the weapon variety is pretty crap.

Really?

I'm up to chapter 3 and the campaign absolutely destroys Gears 2. I just beat 2 on Hardcore last night and the pacing and structure of the game might just make this my favorite TPS campaign.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Nothing feels worse than feeling like a boss only to have that taken away from you by a SOS that was fired in your general direction.

It's better than the beta one but fuck is it still annoying.
Definitely annoying, but fortunately their strategy is pretty one dimensional. I'm sure they'll get bored and move on within a few weeks.

I'm guessing that execution can be playable again by then.

Havok

ZeroRay said:
Really?

I'm up to chapter 3 and the campaign absolutely destroys Gears 2. I just beat 2 on Hardcore last night and the pacing and structure of the game might just make this my favorite TPS campaign.
Agreed. Finished Gears 2 yesterday as well, and it's a pretty frustrating experience filled with "oh right, I remember that I hated this part, and I still do" moments. I'm in Act 4 of Gears 3, and so far there have been maybe three sections that I've disliked, which is incredible in comparison to upwards of 10 awful spots in Gears 2.

Hawk269

Proelite said:
Just finished Act 1 after 3 hours on Hardcore. Taking my sweet time with the awesome sp.

Gunker explosions are the most satisfying non-cutscene explosions so far that I've seen in a game.
The graphics on the bridge. :O

Epic are the adeptus astartes of game developers.

Gnite everyone. Can't wait to continue the campaign tomorrow after work.

Agree. Took me about the same 3 hours or so to do Act 1 on Hardcore by myself. Visually, it is one of the best looking games in a while. There is just so much to look at and the level of detail in some of the textures is pretty impressive. Did not think it could get better, then Act 2 started and was even more impressed. Amazing game so far.

Although I have become a PC Elitist, Gears on 360 holds up very well against some of the better PC games...of course in my opinion.

minx

So if I chose release date shipping and won't get my game till Thursday should I call Amazon and complain? I mean I'm in Chicago it's not like i'm in the middle of nowhere.

Okay, I don't really feel like tinkering around with sensitivity settings so what best emulates these settings from Gears 2?

Look: High
Target: Medium
Zoom: Medium

I haven't had any real problems with matchmaking tonight. It took a bit longer than I would have expected to get into a few matches, but for the most part I was put in games pretty quickly.

Played three hours of campaign and over 6 of multiplayer so far and I'm loving every minute. So sad that I've already played more Gears 3 multi than I every did of Gears 2. It wasnt for lack of trying, I can tell you that.

joat217

Neo Member
shichishito said:
I haven't had any real problems with matchmaking tonight. It took a bit longer than I would have expected to get into a few matches, but for the most part I was put in games pretty quickly.

Vampire Baseball said:
Played three hours of campaign and over 6 of multiplayer so far and I'm loving every minute. So sad that I've already played more Gears 3 multi than I every did of Gears 2. It wasnt for lack of trying, I can tell you that.

I only tried once, but i couldn't get into a game once, just an AI match.
maybe my internet is slow or something but it just would not work.

Arjen

Only played campaign for about 4 hours yesterday, but damn this game is sooo good.
Can't believe the 360 was stil able to amaze me with graphics!.
I got an Savage Kantus and Elite Grenadier with my pre order, and i saw people putting them on e-bay for 10-15$, people are really willing to pay money for that?? If so, i'm putting mine up to.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Bought at Target and Preordered MW3 for 1 dollar to get a 10 dollar giftcard deal lol. I wont be getting MW3.

Enjoying the multiplayer so far. Havnt tried the story yet.

So I got Cole Train and all the unlockable stuff in the beta, and I have my Gears 3 Beta saved file, but I can't access any of that stuff in the actual game. Anyone know what's going on?

joat217

Neo Member
shichishito said:
Public, Ranked? Gametype? NAT type? Location?
Public, at first i tried beast but couldn't get a match, so went to deathmatch and then got the game with the AI. it says my nat type was open if i remember.

Just wrapped up my longest Gears multiplayer session ever, by far. This game is AMAZING good. Not one hint of lag or broken shenanigans that plagued Gears 1 or 2 in ~9 hours of pure gameplay. Quick TDM is the greatest Gears mode ever. Just constant gameplay, map rotation, people dropping in and out. Pure ongoing carnage with not 1 second of unnecessary downtime. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng that was so good.

And I haven't even touched Campaign, Horde, or Beast mode yet, not to mention the other versus gamemodes :O

DRE Fei

I'm almost done with the campaign now, and it's been great. I think I have one chapter left to go. The Gunplay is just so good and horde mode is even crazier than before!

If the sawed off continues to be a problem, then I'll just avoid execution/warzone like I originally planned.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Jadedx said:
LAWL

Can't stand the heat...
Nah son. That shit is straight wack. Like, okay, the Gnasher is just FINE as a close range combat weapon. It is perfectly balanced with the machine guns (what G1 was lacking) and is plenty strong enough to do big damage in CQC (what G2 was lacking). Why does the Sawed off even exist? It doesn't come close to encouraging one of the best features of Gears which is close range tussles... And it's a damn shotgun. Dudes just run through and if they miss just run away. Then I feel like the range has increased since the beta.

I can't see any reason why it's even there. It's gotten to the point where when I get killed by the gnasher my teammates and I are like "Well shit, at least he's using the gnasher, can't hate on that."

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Woke up about an hour an a half ago, just chilling in bed with the laptop on, and watching Uleet's stream at http://www.twitch.tv/ulirocks - guy was a pro at Gears 1 & 2 I believe, and he's real damn good - so I can play Gears myself and be baws at it, and then chill and watch others do it as well - gotta love technology.

Thinking about all I've played since last week Friday till all the zero-lag MP last night, Cliff wasn't kidding - the boys and girls at Epic have seriously worked hard on this game, and it shows.

Amazing. And I didn't even get to Horde & Beast yet.

thezerofire said:
So I got Cole Train and all the unlockable stuff in the beta, and I have my Gears 3 Beta saved file, but I can't access any of that stuff in the actual game. Anyone know what's going on?

If it's the first time you've ever booted the game, just turn your 360 off then on again.

If you've bought a new 360 since the beta ended and before you started playing, then you'll have to see what the guys at Epic come up with as a solution since I read others have this problem as well.

Or it could be as simple as double-checking that your beta save is really on the same HDD as your Gamertag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom