• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankT

Alienshogun said:
Man, the new horde mode is crazy awesome.

It's sick. Played tons of horde back in the day on 2, but this just brings everything up a notch and then some. Going to have lots of hours here on this one. Played some campaign as well earlier and the game is stunner. Some of the best this gen to be sure. Pretty much a complete package in about every way so far. 3 years paid off this time.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
perineumlick said:
How are you liking the campaign? So far I really like it, but it hasn't lived up to the hype that I've felt from these boards and all the reviews. Very "been there, done that", but I'm okay with that for the most part; I love Gears. I started to join you for Horde, but I couldn't play for long anyway so I didn't bother.

It's ok, if it was really good I wouldn't have given in to my friends playing MP and joining them for Horde, haha. To be honest, at this point I just wanna get campaign done so I don't have to bother with it anymore.

Ahhhhh! I really wanna play horde but I have this obsessive need to beat the campaign in any game before touching multi. I'm on act 1-6 right now...

Alienshogun said:
It's ok, if it was really good I wouldn't have given in to my friends playing MP and joining them for Horde, haha. To be honest, at this point I just wanna get campaign done so I don't have to bother with it anymore.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. I've actually felt that way about most TPS/FPS campaigns recently. I kinda only want to finish it to get the chrome gnasher.

canadian crowe said:
Shocked about the character development in the game. Subtle, but still fits in with the series. Where was this kind of storytelling in the first two?

maria was their attempt at it. It's working much better in this game.

FrankT

MCXC Pioneer said:
Ahhhhh! I really wanna play horde but I have this obsessive need to beat the campaign in any game before touching multi. I'm on act 1-6 right now...

This is how I always role (single first, then multi), but everything I've heard about horde so far I just had to jump in after a couple of chapters of campaign. Did 20 earlier and to say the least it was beyond intense.

george_us

Kind of disappointed that the game is fairly vanilla Gears so far. Feels more like an expansion pack to Gears 2 rather than a new game. The graphics are amazing though.

george_us said:
Kind of disappointed that the game is fairly vanilla Gears so far. Feels more like an expansion pack to Gears 2 rather than a new game. The graphics are amazing though.
I strongly disagree. Gears 3's movements and gun play are way more fluent. If they just balance the sawed off properly then it would be a perfect gears of war.

Smision said:
maria was their attempt at it. It's working much better in this game.
Maybe I'm Reaching too much, but
the act 1 Cole segment was amazing. To me, it told me that Cole's way of dealing with the war was to treat it like he was still an athlete.

Game is amazing and I'm not even done act 1.

Game is overrated. Been playing up till Act V. It does feel like an expansion pack for GoW2. Hated the fact that the instructions manual is only 2 freaking pages. Horde mode and multiplayer are the only things worth it.

-PXG-

Heart Attack said:
Game is overrated. Been playing up till Act V. It does feel like an expansion pack for GoW2. Hated the fact that the instructions manual is only 2 freaking pages. Horde mode and multiplayer are the only things worth it.

Play Versus...

Oh yeah...

I send invites via "Invite All/ Gears Friends". Don't feel obligated to send me a message saying you're busy or you can't get in. Just ignore it.

anyone else notice how Doms skin shaders are kinda messed up? Not to mention the weak specular mapping on him and Baird. I dont get it, some guys like carmine and Cole have great specularity but others dont SMH polish huh? Sometimes Doms skin looks like that of a bruised up corpse.

Anyways im enjoying this game, just when i feel like things are getting redundant, theres a different type of enemy that spices things up and leaves me saying "holy shit!". The pacing is pretty good. Im barely in the second act and already im having a better experience then in both gears games together.

People who say Gears is overrated are people who compare it to games that are very rich in story. Take it for what its worth guys, if you dont like gears 1, you wont like any of them. Im not a big gears fan, im more of a RDR and Mass Effect fan but this game is pretty good all things considered.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Play Versus...

Oh yeah...

I send invites via "Invite All/ Gears Friends". Don't feel obligated to send me a message saying you're busy or you can't get in. Just ignore it.

Ahh, that explains it, lol, thanks.

Raxus

-PXG- said:
Play Versus...

Oh yeah...

Good, I was playing campaign with some friends so I couldn't except the invite.

Jadedx

Banned
game reviewers are wrong, if you suck at gears 2 multi you can still kick ass at this game, I usually get 1-2 kills per match in gears 3, I get at least 10 per in gears 3.

enzo_gt said:
Anyone else randomly get disconnected from XBL? Can't sign back in.
I got this weird problem where I got kicked out of my party chat and the game kind of froze as if I lost my Internet connection, except I didn't. The game still continued in the background and I could see the kills in the lower left corner. 10 seconds or so later, it was back to normal and I automatically rejoined the party chat.

It happened now and then for about 2 hours. Extremely annoying. We even lost a couple of rounds because of it.

FStop7

Banned
Wow, GoW3 multiplayer is pretty fun. This is actually the first multi I've played out of the series. It's a nice change from FPS games.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
ConradCervantes said:
Dedicated servers are the best fucking thing to happen to this series. WATCH CLOSELY, FELLOW DEVELOPERS. This is how you build a multiplayer suite.

i agree, no lag at all

minx

WOW!! So glad I went to gamestop last night at midnight. My SAME DAY delivery won't be here till THURSDAY. WTF AMAZON?!

CyReN

minx88 said:
WOW!! So glad I went to gamestop last night at midnight. My SAME DAY delivery won't be here till THURSDAY. WTF AMAZON?!

Did you do the 2 day shipping instead of delivery day option?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, in the last 3 games there has been atleast one completely different person with a pink gnasher/sawn off. Guess epic's making bank off that.

Map wise, I REALLY don't like sandlot so far. Only tried it twice so far but the map is huge + we got locked in our spawn by the hammer, a sniper, and a boomshot.

eshwaaz

I'm not digging the audio mix at all. I bumped sound effects up all the way and lowered music and voice 2 notches, but certain sounds are still way too soft. Why is every sound effect in the game louder than the report of the weapon I'm firing?

I've played a little bit of everything and bravo, Epic. Bravo.

citizen_cane.gif

except for the sawed off

madmackem

Papercuts said:
Wow, in the last 3 games there has been atleast one completely different person with a pink gnasher/sawn off. Guess epic's making bank off that.

Map wise, I REALLY don't like sandlot so far. Only tried it twice so far but the map is huge + we got locked in our spawn by the hammer, a sniper, and a boomshot.

Yep this, its the only map i have played where your pretty much fucked if there other team is good and locks down the middle of the map. You cant do a thing, i think they maybe should think about putting a long shot closer to each sides spawn to help with breaking out because if you get pinned in your pretty much done.

2th

Banned
SPACECADET said:
so anyone figure for sure how to get the beta unlocks in the game after you've had to transfer your info to a new xbox?

do what i did/will be doing. i am still playing on my older 360 and tomorrow i will transfer everything over to my new gears console. i have all the unlocks and i am patient. dont have to have the new console setup just yet :p.

in other news, i saw the epic staff skin. damn thing is BOSS!.

madmackem

SPACECADET said:
so anyone figure for sure how to get the beta unlocks in the game after you've had to transfer your info to a new xbox?

I think mine unlocked on my new console, you copy over your gamesave and do the transfer on xbox.com/drm

ultron87

So from my hour or so of MP I've determined that Warzone is so much more fun that TDM.

Seems like everyone plays it more tactically.

Grisby

Just got done playing for like 3 hours. Got to middle of Act 3 and lvl'd to 10 in MP.

When you don't think gears can throw any more action at you it does. Anvil Gate was amazing.

Damn good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom