• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was turned off by the crazy recoil on the retro but the gun is still a beast. Using that and the gnasher for now though most people playing now are complete balls. 2.8 kdr using the same basic beta stuff, feels fucking amazing.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Snapshot King said:
The hell? My disc is still spinning up and the fans on my xbox are going crazy even though I installed it, wtf?

apparently it's the new disc format

it settles down after a few minutes

God I can't wait to get home and play this.

I still have a Mechanic Baird if anyone wants to trade their Savage Grenadier Elite (fat chance right?).

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
OrangeOak said:
What is your locale set to in dashboard ?

Haven't checked to tell the truth since I did the data swap last Sept when I bought the Halo Reach LE console (Man the GoW3 looks so much better!). Will check shortly when I boot it up, hopefully it will make a difference if it is set to UK.

x Maiku x said:
Was it like that for you in the beta? The beta seemed to fix all of those issues from Gears 2 for me. Gears 2 had that problem but that was much, much worse to the point where it would never find anyone unless they were in the same area of the world. Even the beta really seemed to fix that and work naturally like Reach or Halo 3.

Didn't play the Beta sadly enough. Wish I did now what with all the unlocks in the game.

gdt

Just to add, my amazon order came in fine.

But it always does. I had a hiccup once, but it was UPS's fault.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
sk3tch said:
Anyone?

EDIT: sigh...figured it out...it is all tied to a beta save file on your HDD. So I should have transferred everything over. :-/ ah well.

Yeah...I was about to answer that.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I feel like I suck bad at this game and I'm normally fantastic at FPS and was great in GoW1. I dunno, it seems like everyone else is godlike--the way they move around the map. It's EXTREMELY off-putting.

Sanic

FINALBOSS said:
I feel like I suck bad at this game and I'm normally fantastic at FPS and was great in GoW1. I dunno, it seems like everyone else is godlike--the way they move around the map. It's EXTREMELY off-putting.
I would say the increased movement speed and being able to roll in any direction contributes to most of that.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Pandoracell said:
I would say the increased movement speed and being able to roll in any direction contributes to most of that.

Exactly. The rolling, my god the rolling.

Not only that...it seems like my shotgun is permanently broken and everyone else's is heat-seaking. Crazy shit.

Barrow Roll said:
Yeah, game manuals are just really unnecessary these days. You can put all that information in the menu for the game and it wouldn't make a difference.
Guess I miss the days of opening up a new game and devouring the manual for information before I could get home and play

h3ro

Jadedx said:
How do you do a weapon execution?

After a set amount of kills with that weapon. The counter will occasionally pop up. Not sure how many it is, but I believe it was around 200 or 400. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
^Changes per weapon. Some are 200, some are 80 etc etc.

Jadedx said:
How do you do a weapon execution?

B isn't it? I know X, Y or B can be used. Think a lot have to be unlocked though. Check the unlocks for a list of criteria for each weapon. Must be done in Multiplayer.

Barrow Roll said:
God I can't wait to get home and play this.

I still have a Mechanic Baird if anyone wants to trade their Savage Grenadier Elite (fat chance right?).

I'd take him for some IO skins. Whatsayyou?

unomas

Banned
FINALBOSS said:
Exactly. The rolling, my god the rolling.

Not only that...it seems like my shotgun is permanently broken and everyone else's is heat-seaking. Crazy shit.

And you gotta remember you might be running up against guys who were in the beta as well, and all that extra play time certainly helps.

DanielJr82

Gen X said:
B isn't it? I know X, Y or B can be used. Think a lot have to be unlocked though. Check the unlocks for a list of criteria for each weapon. Must be done in Multiplayer.
It counts in the campaign as well (no unlocking required there). There are 24 unique executions, I believe. (For the achievement.) When you're close to a downed enemy, hold Y with your weapon of choice.

MCXC Pioneer said:
Does anyone else miss the days where game manuals were more than 4 flimsy pages?

4 pages!? Did you get the Limited Edition or something? haha

Cause the regular edition comes with a half sheet of paper folded in half.

While I appreciate a thick full color manual, I can't say it bothers me that much.

adelante

MY GOD THE GRAPHICS IN THIS GAME ARE AWESOME.

How long more til we can post screenshots? Not that I have the means but I'm hoping some of you guys could show off this game in its amazing glory =D

RS4-

h3ro said:
After a set amount of kills with that weapon. The counter will occasionally pop up. Not sure how many it is, but I believe it was around 200 or 400. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

200 for the default start weapons, 40 for the rest.

Alienshogun said:
Man, the new horde mode is crazy awesome.
How are you liking the campaign? So far I really like it, but it hasn't lived up to the hype that I've felt from these boards and all the reviews. Very "been there, done that", but I'm okay with that for the most part; I love Gears. I started to join you for Horde, but I couldn't play for long anyway so I didn't bother.

Vire

An-Det said:
I just got up to the
Mad World
part. Goddamn.
Fuck man that's a terrible spoiler. Give some context, I highlighted it just to see if you got to a part where I was...

RS4- said:
Ugh, Overpass is probably the only map I don't like so far.
I love Overpass for TDM.

I don't think I've found a MP map I dislike yet. I've only played 12 matches so far though. Still need to grind - just hit level 13. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom