• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Carm said:
Finally, my console came in the mail. Can anyone help me out real quick? I already have a gamertag because of GFWL on the pc, do I create a new one and just input the same info or recover the gamertag on the console?

I did the same thing. Got the GoW 3 console and used my GFWL account since I play SSF4 on there. You have to recover it. Took me an hour or so before I was able to connect to live. It has trouble for a while when you are first setting up your xbox.

Carm

Moaradin said:
I did the same thing. Got the GoW 3 console and used my GFWL account since I play SSF4 on there. You have to recover it. Took me an hour or so before I was able to connect to live because it has trouble for a while when you are first setting up your xbox.

Thank you, I guess no gift for us eh. Probably shitty avatar clothing or something anyway.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I just bought Gears of War 1 used to co-op the campaign with a friend....can't wait to play this game in 6 years.

mbmonk

Carm said:
Finally, my console came in the mail. Can anyone help me out real quick? I already have a gamertag because of GFWL on the pc, do I create a new one and just input the same info or recover the gamertag on the console?

If you have a code for a free trial of XBL then of course use it. I didn't get a free month, so I order a XBL card code from Amazon. They just email you the code and you redeem it. Very fast, very efficient.

see5harp said:
I know who Gary Whitta is, it was a joking reference to the fact that Ice-T also got a free copy and lancer and said "dis the type of shit I get in the mail."
Ice-T got a lancer? Hmmm going to have to have words with Cliffy next time I see him.

Moaradin

Carm said:
Thank you, I guess no gift for us eh. Probably shitty avatar clothing or something anyway.

Well we do get the Adam Fenix character, and the special weapon skin pack, which only comes from the $150 Epic edition and the LE console if I recall correctly.

Volimar

FateBreaker said:
Thanks, I'll try that. I figured I didn't even want to do "ranked" because it sounded even more intimidating. Do you have any general tips in versus?

I'm a pretty average player so the only real tips I can give is to:

1). Stay with at least 1 other person. Two people are harder to beat than one. Just try not to steal kills, people can get pretty bitchy, even when the dbno person is self reviving.

2). Use ghost cam and watch how other people play while you are waiting for respawn. You can get some good tips this way.

3). Leave the power weapons for people that can use them. If you miss a lot with the sniper rifle, let someone on your team get it instead. BUT! If the opposing team is going for it, pick it up! Remember you can trade weapons with team members now, and even if you don't, it's better for you to get the weapon and switch back to your primary instead of using it so that if you die, the enemy doesn't get it than for some ungodly accurate sniper on the other team to lay hands on it.

Bread

Banned
This game...wow. I played around 20 rounds of horde, and it was the most fun I've had playing a video game in years. Good job Epic.

El'Kharn

I'm a bit dissapointed in the Lancer... doesn't feel right. Nice damage and stuff when you shoot it but it doesn't have that meaty sound an automatic weapon with a chainsaw strapped to it should have, know what i mean?

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
no lag
no lag
no lag

gears 2 could have been awesome too if it had dedicated servers

XxCGSxX

I need my Mechanic Baird, anyone please help me :'(
A friend gave me a Commando Dom code anyone want to trade for Baird?, pleaseeee.

Carm

Anyone using the vga adapter going through the computer to get sound? I have the 360 plugged into the line in port, and my headset in the line out, yet no sound on xbox, but fine on pc side.

Grisby said:
I think I'm gonna make a spoiler thread. I mean, why not? I'd like a place to discuss the ending in a more open fashion anyways (well, for when I beat it).

What do you guys think?
I definitely dig the idea and am up for some in-depth discussion. Screw the haters. ;)

Minamu

Multiplayer is so much fun :O Been out of the game since gears 1 (apart from cheating my way to 100 in 2) and it's so good to be back :D

Proelite said:
How much is a shit-ton?
At one point, I had at least twelve of them running around. The fact that they're completely unharmed by the queen's AOE attack is bullshit, too. :lol I've gotten past the point where the Queen says something along the lines of "We're just like you", but the dumb bitch always breaks through the wall and burns daddy-o to cinders.

Moaradin

Carm said:
Anyone using the vga adapter going through the computer to get sound? I have the 360 plugged into the line in port, and my headset in the line out, yet no sound on xbox, but fine on pc side.

I have mine set up like this and I get sound out of my headset fine.

2th

Banned
Plasmid said:
Beat the campaign on hardcore 4 player co-op.

Died at least 30 times to the final boss if not more.

Finally.

died or went dbno? I finished campaign on hardcore last night and while I went down a lot I rarely died.

Plasmid

Got some questions about final end, spoilers included.

Why is Myrrah so human looking?

What exactly were the locust, humans at one time transformed by immulsion?

How did dizzy survive skorge?

Willeth

Quick Horde (and I guess Campaign) tip I haven't seen anyone mention: the sawn-off gibs Butchers, Boomers and Maulers just as easily as every other Locust. Not tried it on Gunkers et al yet, though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Plasmid said:
Beat the campaign on hardcore 4 player co-op.

Died at least 30 times to the final boss if not more.

Finally.

My first run through was with 3 people..and we died way more than that. Second time it was just me and my best friend and we got through it in 3 tries..

Darklord

Banned
Really wish bots didn't fill the server. I hate playing a game with people then people leave and it's full of bots and 1 other guy.

minx

Would appreciate this getting answered as it was lost in a sea of posts yesterday. I chose release day shipping with amazon. The game won't be at my house till Thursday for some unknown reason. Should I call and complain? I hear amazon has great customer service? However I'm not sure what the expect. Also I have received my promotional credit but not my Savage Kantus code. Will that be sent when I get the game, or is it in the case?

Carm

Moaradin said:
I have mine set up like this and I get sound out of my headset fine.

Yea, that did it, stupid MS, just selecting line in option wasn't enough, had to go checkmark that box. Sound levels were way to fucking high to, hand to turn line in volume down to almost nothing. For some reason that volume control is seperate from the one listed with the others. Thanks for the help.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Now see I only died twice on the final boss, solo, Hardcore. Guess I was just lucky.
3128hsgcdq6.gif

Okay, I'm trying again tomorrow.
Probably gonna restart the chapter and make sure to stock up on grenades and everything else before I tackle that oversized ladybug again.
That shouldn't fuck with any of my achievements, right?

BobDylan

minx88 said:
Would appreciate this getting answered as it was lost in a sea of posts yesterday. I chose release day shipping with amazon. The game won't be at my house till Thursday for some unknown reason. Should I call and complain? I hear amazon has great customer service? However I'm not sure what the expect. Also I have received my promotional credit but not my Savage Kantus code. Will that be sent when I get the game, or is it in the case?

just call. pretty simple

Dosia

minx88 said:
Check spam folder for kantus. Thats where mine ended up

Rimfya

Banned
Has anyone played the campaign with and without co-op partners to see if it's easier?

I played the ... really tough boss mid-game ... with 4 guys on Normal and it took us ages. But the final boss with 2 guys on Normal we did in one go. I'm thinking that though the NPCs might not be smart they just don't get themselves killed like human players would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom