• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow they really went all-out with the Epic Edition, amazing packaging!

How is the new Horde mode? I loved it in Gears 2, really looking forward to the new version.

S1kkZ

Gary Whitta said:
Wow they really went all-out with the Epic Edition, amazing packaging!

How is the new Horde mode? I loved it in Gears 2, really looking forward to the new version.
horde is pretty awesome. boss rounds....

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There needs to be a chapter select for co-op matchmaking. As it stands, I just watched the ending when I was trying to join an Act 5 game... and there's no reason that should have happened.

I'm not pissed, since story is not the point of Gears, but it's just annoying as heck.

Voltron64

If anyone has an extra Savage Kantus code they're not going to use, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have any exclusives to trade, all I have to offer in return is a 1 month XBL code.

Volimar

Plasmid said:
Got some questions about final end, spoilers included.

Why is Myrrah so human looking?

What exactly were the locust, humans at one time transformed by immulsion?

How did dizzy survive skorge?

The prevailing theory is that Myrrah was Ruth, a patient from the New Hope facility from Gears 2. There's a collectible that says that Ruth was affected differently by the experiments. The theory is that she escaped somehow and due to her changes, maybe pheromone changes etc. she was accepted by the Locust and became their queen. Just a fan theory though. We'll probably find out in the upcoming book(s)

No one knows for sure about the Locust, but I think it's just a case of them evolving separately on Sera.

Dizzy survived, because Tai made him escape while he took on Skorge.

Malo

Banned
minx88 said:
Would appreciate this getting answered as it was lost in a sea of posts yesterday. I chose release day shipping with amazon. The game won't be at my house till Thursday for some unknown reason. Should I call and complain? I hear amazon has great customer service? However I'm not sure what the expect. Also I have received my promotional credit but not my Savage Kantus code. Will that be sent when I get the game, or is it in the case?
Amazon sends you a email with the code and just call them.

ergo said:
How did you get your code? I picked it up yesterday morning and have yet to receive my code.........I hate you, Best Buy.
My Mechanic Baird skin was emailed to me Tuesday right after midnight. Did you give them an email address when you pre-ordered?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ergo said:
How did you get your code? I picked it up yesterday morning and have yet to receive my code.........I hate you, Best Buy.

What I mean is, I have Gears 3 DLC codes to trade for someone else's Mechanic Baird :)

RdN

Darklord said:
Really wish bots didn't fill the server. I hate playing a game with people then people leave and it's full of bots and 1 other guy.
Im in the same boat.. I hate having bots in the match, especialy when I join and theres only them.

ergo said:
Go on Best Buy's forum and post in the giant thread there about not getting your code. They are using that to help the people who never got the email. I got mine yesterday afternoon after posting earlier in the morning.

cresto

striKeVillain! said:
My Mechanic Baird skin was emailed to me Tuesday right after midnight. Did you give them an email address when you pre-ordered?
Yeah. I believe I remember confirming it, but I haven't received anything....

Doctor West said:
Go on Best Buy's forum and post in the giant thread there about not getting your code. They are using that to help the people who never got the email. I got mine yesterday afternoon after posting earlier in the morning.

I can't find any large threads. There are a bunch of moved individual threads complaining about it. Should I just add one on?

There is one complaint I have with the game. I'm playing on Hardcore & the game is just way too easy.

The difficulty feels like something between Casual & Normal from the previous Gears games.

Does the game get harder past Act 2?

bluenatas09

Neo Member
Has anyone had a bug in single player where NONE of the button commands pop up whenever there's the little tutorial message at the top?

It just reads something like "____ - Forward + ____ - Climb. Move __ forward and then press __ to climb over cover."

There's absolutely no button icons at all. Not even a ___, just nothing.

nomis

Blue Ninja said:
3128hsgcdq6.gif

Okay, I'm trying again tomorrow.
Probably gonna restart the chapter and make sure to stock up on grenades and everything else before I tackle that oversized ladybug again.
That shouldn't fuck with any of my achievements, right?

As long as you know the series of things you need to do it's pretty easy on solo hardcore. After having to restart 35+ times in hardcore 4 player coop, I did it on my first try in solo. 4 player coop seems to add 5x the number of gold theron guards, as well as the pink flying dudes that seem to shoot gorgon SMGs and fly at you before they blow up, come out of the beetle's wings when it's up on the tower. It pretty much makes you have to focus on 10x more stuff, and also since your 3 buddies aren't AI they can all get downed by her breath laser.

See You Next Wednesday said:
There is one complaint I have with the game. I'm playing on Hardcore & the game is just way too easy.

The difficulty feels like something between Casual & Normal from the previous Gears games.

Does the game get harder past Act 2?
Check the previous page. :lol

omnomis said:
As long as you know the series of things you need to do it's pretty easy on solo hardcore. After having to restart 35+ times in hardcore 4 player coop, I did it on my first try in solo.4 player coop seems to add 5x the number of gold theron guards, as well as the pink flying dudes that seem to shoot gorgon SMGs and fly at you before they blow up, come out of the beetle's wings when it's up on the tower. It pretty much makes you have to focus on 10x more stuff, and also since your 3 buddies aren't AI they can all get downed by her breath laser.
Well, I've got those pink flying assholes spawning on me, too. Eh, I think I just ran out of luck during that encounter, so I'm gonna redo the segment and make sure I have decent weapons with me. Should make it a whole lot easier, I think.

I can't get over how much better the multiplayer is, it's really something else. And the lightning in the campaign? Act II? Those desert roooocks!

PS:

Still looking to trade a Commando Dom and...honestly just about anything else for a Mechanic Baird code. I'll trade cheapo Steam Games, whatever.

minx88 said:
Would appreciate this getting answered as it was lost in a sea of posts yesterday. I chose release day shipping with amazon. The game won't be at my house till Thursday for some unknown reason. Should I call and complain? I hear amazon has great customer service? However I'm not sure what the expect. Also I have received my promotional credit but not my Savage Kantus code. Will that be sent when I get the game, or is it in the case?
If you paid for release date delivery and haven't received your game, call Amazon right now. They definitely give you some form of compensation.

Case in point: I ordered the LE on Saturday morning when they had "restocked" it for preorders with release date deliver. Tuesday morning comes and that order hasn't even begun to process. I filed a service ticket, Amazon called me and after sine research the Rep told that they had over sold the LE and wasn't sure when they would receive more copies from MS.

So she offered to cancel the LE order and give me the Epic Edition for $79.99, amazing customer service in my opinion.

Reluctant-Hero said:
If you paid for release date delivery and haven't received your game, call Amazon right now. They definitely give you some form of compensation.

Case in point: I ordered the LE on Saturday morning when they had "restocked" it for preorders with release date deliver. Tuesday morning comes and that order hasn't even begun to process. I filed a service ticket, Amazon called me and after sine research the Rep told that they had over sold the LE and wasn't sure when they would receive more copies from MS.

So she offered to cancel the LE order and give me the Epic Edition for $79.99, amazing customer service in my opinion.
2n9l1telell.gif

That's how you treat customers, folks.

leng jai

Not sure whats going on with people who can't notice a big difference in visuals - its very apparent to me. The lighting is a significant leap from Gears 2 and combined with the other added particle effects really make the game atmospheric. I also don't know how people are saying there are no jaggies, its pretty bad in brighter scenes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Mercy is possibly one of my favorite maps ever. Just went 18-2 on it after going 17-0 on it last time. Everyone playing now is extremely stupid, NOBODY seems to be going in the church area at all for this map, so I can always get the boomshot. I notice this on gridlock too, in pretty much every game so far everyone is just clusterfucking in the longshot spawn while I go to the bottom unopposed.

And campaign wise, Act 3 was GREAT. Act 4 is the same so far, Ice T as Griffin is perfect.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Satchel said:
Is weapon swap only in SP?

Haven't touched SP yet and you can't do it in the other modes.

Gonna start SP tonight.

Yes you can, you can do it in every mode (except Beast of course).

Rimfya

Banned
Beast mode's kinda disappointing right?

Kind of annoying that the characters have super weak health, with super powerful weapons. Means you spend more time smashing barriers than killing enemies. Got through all 12 waves on the first try and it wasn't exactly fun. Not sure I'll bother again.

Should have just been reverse Horde 1.0, no need for barriers and crap.

Full Recovery said:
Huh, just unlocked my gold skins for week 1. Maybe it's just buggy, Took 17 levels to unlock.

Yeah, same thing happened to me today. I'm like at 17; jumped on for a quick game before class and boom, unlocked. Odd.

Kaizer

Banned
This is my first Gears game, first 360 game in fact as I just bought one today! Gotta say it's pretty awesome, I've enjoyed the Wii & PS3 but it was finally time to get a 360, couldn't resist the Gears series any longer.

I plan on playing the story modes of the first two Gears games soon, but for right now I'm not really connected w/ the storyline, the characters are awesome though. Loving the feel of the gameplay but I've still got a lot to learn.

Kaizer said:
This is my first Gears game, first 360 game in fact as I just bought one today! Gotta say it's pretty awesome, I've enjoyed the Wii & PS3 but it was finally time to get a 360, couldn't resist the Gears series any longer.

I plan on playing the story modes of the first two Gears games soon, but for right now I'm not really connected w/ the storyline, the characters are awesome though. Loving the feel of the gameplay but I've still got a lot to learn.

You should grab the Gears Triple Pack:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JSDQPU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Both games and the DLC, including an extra campaign chapter for Gears 2.

HooCares

Neo Member
I couldn't quite tell from the OP. Can you play a playlist that is just Warzone or must you flip flop between that and execution? Don't have the game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom