• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

ResidentDante said:
More avatars for you guys!

anya1ofue.png
anya2jfcy.png
cole1dejc.png
cole2ecbd.png
dom1rd2i.png
dom2ff19.png
marcus1yfcy.png
marcus2xe8p.png

oh my, your avatars are amazingness! epic grizzled dom makes me utterly giddy!

jediyoshi

Best non-GameStop retailer to preorder from that has a midnight launch? Best Buy is looking like the only option so far.

Feindflug

ILHASS said:
Campaign is a big dissapointing for me..Already in act 4....and...where is EPIC? Like riftworm in 2?? Geow 3 is all about shooting..nothing more

Well that's definitely good news for me...finished Gears 2's campaign for the third time yesterday with a friend after 3 years and I hated the boring "badass and EPIC" fillers like
the worm level, the skorge bossfight, the stupid and utterly ugly vehicle in the snow segment and of course riding the Brumak.

The only thing that I have still my doubts about Gears 3's SP is if fighting the Lambent Locust are taking too much of the campaign...fighting them does not seem to be as fun as fighting the regular locusts - in other words it's all about the gore.

CliffyB

Playah
Feindflug said:
Well that's definitely good news for me...finished Gears 2's campaign for the third time yesterday with a friend after 3 years and I hated the boring "badass and EPIC" fillers like
the worm level, the skorge bossfight, the stupid and utterly ugly vehicle in the snow segment and of course riding the Brumak.

The only thing that I have still my doubts about Gears 3's SP is if fighting the Lambent Locust are taking too much of the campaign...fighting them does not seem to be as fun as fighting the regular locusts - in other words it's all about the gore.

You fight the glowies for 1/3rd of the campaign.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Cliffy, as the launch gets closer and closer to impact how do you feel the game will be received? Obviously the multiplayer will be a hit but more importantly how do you think the campaign from 3 compares with the previous 2?

I have been on media black out apart from visiting forums so it would be interesting to hear your personal view on how you feel Gears 3 will go.

zlatko

Banned
aDDiKt24 said:
Cliffy, as the launch gets closer and closer to impact how do you feel the game will be received? Obviously the multiplayer will be a hit but more importantly how do you think the campaign from 3 compares with the previous 2?

I have been on media black out apart from visiting forums so it would be interesting to hear your personal view on how you feel Gears 3 will go.

What kind of answer are you expecting? Do you think he's going to tell you the campaign is "okay" or "it sucks" ? He'll give you his PR jargon talk of, "it's our longest and best campaign in a Gears of War game." Keighly got him to only say that the driving parts in the Gears games they could never nail, and so for this one they stuck with on rails vehicle sequences instead. It's his baby, and he'll tell you it's the best looking kid on the block even if it did have a snaggle tooth and a unibrow.

He's said that a few times in interviews. The team looks proud of their campaign, but hell they were proud of Gears of War 2's story as well, so take it with a grain of salt.

MARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

zlatko

Banned
Stat Flow said:
Wait, so some people have Gears 3 already? >_>

A while ago. I think the earliest copies were being found on the 7th? Maybe sooner? Dat Ebay, dat craiglist, dem mom and pop shops, etc.

Gowans

Can't wait to grab this on Tuesday. Confused me as UK releases are normally Fridays but the bonus is I have Tuesday off and the Mrs is leaving me along to play ;)

madmackem

Gowans007 said:
Can't wait to grab this on Tuesday. Confused me as UK releases are normally Fridays but the bonus is I have Tuesday off and the Mrs is leaving me along to play ;)

Some mp then on tuesday, whats the score with this season dlc thing. You get anything day one for buying?.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You guys are so rucky. As a Gears fan I would be so amped for this if my system didn't croak. I was in line at midnight for Gears 2! Hopefully I will have a chance to play this one someday.

Gowans

madmackem said:
Some mp then on tuesday, whats the score with this season dlc thing. You get anything day one for buying?.
Defo mate I'll be well up for multi. Will be on from 10am.

I'm not going to get the season thing yet as I don't know what I'm paying for, I'll wait for more details.

madmackem

Gowans007 said:
Defo mate I'll be well up for multi. Will be on from 10am.

I'm not going to get the season thing yet as I don't know what I'm paying for, I'll wait for more details.

Sweet, yeah seems you get the first four lots of dlc then discounts. Also get liquid metal skin launch day.

aDDiKt24

Banned
zlatko said:
What kind of answer are you expecting? Do you think he's going to tell you the campaign is "okay" or "it sucks" ? He'll give you his PR jargon talk of, "it's our longest and best campaign in a Gears of War game." Keighly got him to only say that the driving parts in the Gears games they could never nail, and so for this one they stuck with on rails vehicle sequences instead. It's his baby, and he'll tell you it's the best looking kid on the block even if it did have a snaggle tooth and a unibrow.

He's said that a few times in interviews. The team looks proud of their campaign, but hell they were proud of Gears of War 2's story as well, so take it with a grain of salt.

MARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Did you really have to ask what answer I was expecting? Of course Im expecting a one sided PR hype up. The fact you even had to question the point of the question makes you an idiot. I think it would have been nice to have a post of his declaring how great he thought the campaign was and which parts (e.g Acts) he thought were his favorites.

But thank you for being Zlatko and spoiling it for everyone with your argumentative approach to posting.

We all know you have made a great game Cliff!

Gowans

madmackem said:
Sweet, yeah seems you get the first four lots of dlc then discounts. Also get liquid metal skin launch day.
Yeah but unlike other Passes they haven't properly announced what type of DLC or dates.
I would buy for the savings if they let us know. I'm expecting to play this for a long time.

zlatko

Banned
aDDiKt24 said:
Did you really have to ask what answer I was expecting? Of course Im expecting a one sided PR hype up. The fact you even had to question the point of the question makes you an idiot. I think it would have been nice to have a post of his declaring how great he thought the campaign was and which parts (e.g Acts) he thought were his favorites.

But thank you for being Zlatko and spoiling it for everyone with your argumentative approach to posting.

We all know you have made a great game Cliff!

Um woah buddy. I wasn't trying to come off argumentative, sorry that you inferred it that way.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. :/ Sorry you got mad over nothing.

madmackem

Gowans007 said:
Yeah but unlike other Passes they haven't properly announced what type of DLC or dates.
I would buy for the savings if they let us know. I'm expecting to play this for a long time.

Yeah see me playing this for ages.

snack said:
There's a way to get the Crimson Omen Lancer skin without having to buy the subscription pass.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991468-gears-of-war-3/60320177

I can't get this to work myself, probably because I live in Canada. If anyone manages to get an extra, I wouldn't mind taking one off your hands! :)

This works. I love you.

The Kinect training was killing me at first since I don't know jack about it, but the rest was pretty common knowledge if you know about the 360, which everyone here probably does.

Ajemsuhgao said:
This works. I love you.

The Kinect training was killing me at first since I don't know jack about it, but the rest was pretty common knowledge if you know about the 360, which everyone here probably does.
Damn - it's asking me to verify my employment when I click the 'Get Weapon Code' banner. Blech. :/

striKeVillain! said:
Damn - it's asking me to verify my employment when I click the 'Get Weapon Code' banner. Blech. :/

Did you select Wal Mart as the employer?

Wal Mart is the only option that doesn't ask to verify employment.

The first time I did it I listed Staples, since I actually do work at Staples, but they asked to verify my employment and it says it could take five days. Since I'm an impatient bastard I just made a new account. But looking at their points system and rewards, I'm definitely going to use my legit account and do their training. Easy enough training, and pretty decent discounts on stuff.

jgminto

ResidentDante said:
Snagged. Thanks.

-Edit- So what happens regarding all of the skins post release/first week. So if I went back and finished the original after playing the 3rd will I still get the skin for completing all three?

jediyoshi said:

I did the same thing you did. But it doesn't specify that the customer wants to play with friends ONLINE. So, he wants to play splitscreen. So he'd need a wireless controller. :\

Ajemsuhgao said:
Did you select Wal Mart as the employer?

Wal Mart is the only option that doesn't ask to verify employment.

The first time I did it I listed Staples, since I actually do work at Staples, but they asked to verify my employment and it says it could take five days. Since I'm an impatient bastard I just made a new account. But looking at their points system and rewards, I'm definitely going to use my legit account and do their training. Easy enough training, and pretty decent discounts on stuff.
Looks like that was it - I had Gamestop listed from some other freebie ExpertZone thing and I tried to change it to Wal-Mart but it won't stick.

jediyoshi

Ajemsuhgao said:
I did the same thing you did. But it doesn't specify that the customer wants to play with friends ONLINE. So, he wants to play splitscreen. So he'd need a wireless controller. :\

Ah, didn't even make sense until I read your explanation.

Method worked, got a code. I can now also totally sell a Kinect.

jediyoshi said:
Ah, didn't even make sense until I read your explanation.

Method worked, got a code. I can now also totally sell a Kinect.

Me too!

Too bad Staples doesn't even carry Xbox 360 things. Oh well, the Windows training they offer could help me at my current job I guess, since I do sell laptops and work on PCs every day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom