• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ningo

Can't wait, get my limited edition console on tuesday. But sill questioning its value. $548, my launch 360 cost me $650, the 60gig one $380.

I mean, atleast include the limited edition of the game. Ah well, I'm sure i'll still be stoked when I pick it up.

Edit. Oh and hope my avatar isn't NSFW

Jrmint

I'm not able to get past the registration page. It seems I have all of the required fields in. Anyone else have this issue?

DarkChild

Banned
I'll take this one, thank you :)
baird-cl3n69v.png

Brakara

Vire said:
Compiled by DGGReturns:

Full list in detail of how to unlock everything.

Rank Progression Characters:

COG Gear - Level 2
Miner - Level 3
Sam Byrne - Level 4
Beast Rider - Level 5
Dizzy Wallin - Level 7
Hunter - Level 8
Jace Stratton - Level 10
Theron Guard - Level 12
Clayton Carmine - Level 14
Classic Dom - Level 17
Spotter - Level 20
Classic Cole - Level 23
Flame Grenadier - Level 26
Classic Baird - Level 30
Benjamin Carmine - Level 34
Grenadier - Level 39
Civilian Anya - Level 45
Victor Hoffman - Level 50
Hunter Elite - Level 60
Anthony Carmine - Level 75

Besides these characters, are there other rank progression unlocks? There are some noticeable gaps in the list above...

Brakara

-PXG- said:
Read the OP

I have. Except for level 100, no other rank progression unlocks are mentioned (just characters).

The ones for weapon skins are "do this" or "do that", etc.

So, for example, what do you get for reaching level
?

-PXG-

Brakara said:
I have. Except for level 100, no other rank progression unlocks are mentioned (just characters).

The ones for weapon skins are "do this" or "do that", etc.

So, for example, what do you get for reaching level
?

Besides characters, there are no other rank progression unlocks. Medals are earned from doing specific actions or using certain weapons.

-PXG-

Brakara said:
Aw, shucks. I was hoping for more, especially since some of the unlock levels seemed so random.

There are medals for level 25, 50, 75 and 100. Getting 100 also gives you the Gold Omen skins. Other than that, the only things you get from rank progression are characters.

All the other stuff is obtained from completing special objectives, earning medals or bought through as DLC.

Kajiba said:
Hey i was wondering... Can the locust queen be played in multiplayer? That will be pretty sick if you can.

She's one of the five starting characters for the Locust.

EDIT

All the unlocks are in the OP.

-PXG-

Dr Eggman said:
I'm contemplating if I should upgrade my preorder to Epic Edition from Standard Edition (Amazon's limited edition is sold out ostensibly). Does anyone think the Epic Edition is worth it?

If you want the statue, the art book, IO skins and Adam Fenix, then yes. If you love Gears, yes. I'm getting it. Can't wait.

ShaneB

Replaying Gears 1, and while it still can look fantastic, it's amazing to see how far we've come in 5 years.

Wondering if I should Gearsify my avatar... hmmm. Maybe slap the 3 on there.

h3ro

dagZ said:
does deleting the gears 3 beta off of your hard drive still keep the save data?
As long as the save file is there, you're fine. I deleted the Beta and the install client, but kept the save file they create so the unlocks are still in place.

dagZ

h3ro said:
As long as the save file is there, you're fine. I deleted the Beta and the install client, but kept the save file they create so the unlocks are still in place.

I just deleted it off the game list, under game library, am I still good?

im not home to check to see if It still there.

dagZ

Genesis Knight said:
I would think the beta unlocks are tied to your Live account on Epic's servers.

they aren't just the 68 kb save file. So hopefully just deleting the beta off the game library doesn't delete the saves also.

h3ro

Genesis Knight said:
I would think the beta unlocks are tied to your Live account on Epic's servers.

Nope. They've mentioned a few times that we needed to keep our save file for the unlocks. I don't think they saved stats/match records from the beta to determine whether a player met the goals needed for the unlocks.

Are you kidding? Wow, I needed the space to install some other games... How depressing. I'm not very good at Gears and it took a lot of work to get that Retro Lancer skin. :(

EDIT: I would have had to navigate to the save folder in the memory browser and delete it, which I'm sure I didn't do. I'll check today. *crosses fingers*

-PXG-

As long as you still have the 64kb PLAYER DATA file, you're fine. DO NOT DELETE THAT.

You need that in order to get your unlocks.

dagZ

Genesis Knight said:
Are you kidding? Wow, I needed the space to install some other games... How depressing. I'm not very good at Gears and it took a lot of work to get that Retro Lancer skin. :(

EDIT: I would have had to navigate to the save folder in the memory browser and delete it, which I'm sure I didn't do. I'll check today. *crosses fingers*

I'm in the same boat, I deleted it under the game library, where you click gears 3 beta, and then it says delete, or play. Someone said that it still keeps the save data, but i'm not sure.

Hixx

Genesis Knight said:
OH god, I deleted the beta I'm sure. I'll cry if I lost those unlocks.

Go look through the games list on your hard drive. I deleted the beta itself but the save is still there which is where the unlocks will come from.

dagZ

-PXG- said:

As long as you still have the 64kb PLAYER DATA file, you're fine. DO NOT DELETE THAT.

You need that in order to get your unlocks.

I didn't delete the actual save data, but i'm not sure if deleting the beta just by pressing delete under the game library keeps the save or just deletes everything associated with the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom