• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

Got Nowhere done. Just gotta finish Seriously 2.0 and Icy Dead People.

I am trading my Com Dom to a friend for Baird. Anyone want to trade a Kantus for my Baird?

Dug

Banned
Ballistik said:
Yeah I really hope this game grows on people even after it turned off so many with Gears 2.

I know lots of people right now don't care or are hyped about this game, but it would be nice to see that as time goes on after launch, the number of active people in this thread rises as more and more try it and like it, you know, as word spreads.
Eh, I'm pretty sure it will. After all, haven't Epic been making sure to make the MLG community happy? That should help a bit....

LEGGZZZZ

Alienshogun said:
BF3 and MW3 both launching are sure to test it.

Probably why their holding out on DLC til november, to help keep fans from jumping ship, and bring some fans back too who will have by then.

In other news, messed around in Horde a little bit, damn Berserker killed me in one hit with it's charge, and that was on normal difficulty. As a Horde lover, I can definately say we are in for a treat.

Also, I wasn't able to test it myself, but judging off a earlier youtube video, the lambient actually fight the locust with hunting you down, almost looking like a three way battle of humans vs lambient vs locust, instead coming at you together. I'll try to confirm this once I play some more tonight.

quickwhips

none of the people on my friends list are playing gears next week. Should I just remove them now? The beta was amazing Its a shame most COD players aren't going to play it.

LEGGZZZZ

quickwhips said:
none of the people on my friends list are playing gears next week. Should I just remove them now? The beta was amazing Its a shame most COD players aren't going to play it.

Yes, and then add me GT is the same as my gaf username.

JambiBum

quickwhips said:
No it isn't.

Ballistik said:
I Imagine the COD crowd.. Trying 360 blindfires with the longshot.. :p

Oh come on, bad kids were trying to go ham with the Longshot way before CoD got big. I remember all the assholes that would hog sniper on Canals despite being shit. That, and the blindfire-happy nublets.

JambiBum

The Xtortionist said:
Oh come on, bad kids were trying to go ham with the Longshot way before CoD got big. I remember all the assholes that would hog sniper on Canals despite being shit. That, and the blindfire-happy nublets.
This is very true. My favorite thing is when people are fighting over the Longshot and I snipe both of them.

Ballistik

JambiBum said:
This is very true. My favorite thing is when people are fighting over the Longshot and I snipe both of them.
Haha i remember that happening so much on canals. You'd see the guy trying to snipe you and another dude next to him dancing trying to distract him.

The Xtortionist said:
4tDRv.jpg
This is the greatest thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm not quite sure how these season passes work so to speak. So if I purchase it, will they just send me codes to redeem or will they be downloads from within the game? Do I have access to that content forever? Can I re-download ll of that content from my download history indefinitely like I can for everything else afterwards?

Cause I'm not really interested unless I can re-download them indefinitely and it's tied to my profile.

JambiBum

enzo_gt said:
I'm not quite sure how these season passes work so to speak. So if I purchase it, will they just send me codes to redeem or will they be downloads from within the game? Do I have access to that content forever? Can I re-download ll of that content from my download history indefinitely like I can for everything else afterwards?

Cause I'm not really interested unless I can re-download them indefinitely and it's tied to my profile.
It's tied to your account just like all of the other dlc. You have access to it forever. All you will have to do is choose to download it when it releases.

Ballistik

malfcn said:
What levels of Snowy levels you need, and when are you good to go?
Doesn't matter which one as long as it's from that map pack. Courtyard, Underhill, Fuel Depot, or Grindyard. When? Whenever really..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JambiBum said:
It's tied to your account just like all of the other dlc. You have access to it forever. All you will have to do is choose to download it when it releases.
Interesting, I presume it will show up as already owned then once you go to download it? Seems like MS is changing things around on their end to allow this.

I'll consider it if I like the MP.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
enzo_gt said:
Interesting, I presume it will show up as already owned then once you go to download it? Seems like MS is changing things around on their end to allow this.

I'll consider it if I like the MP.

I'm not sure with other games, but with Mortal Kombat I believe you needed to download the extra characters from ingame to get it to register, I think it was still possible to buy them off the MP. Might be wrong though.

ILHASS

Campaign is a big dissapointing for me..Already in act 4....and...where is EPIC? Like riftworm in 2?? Geow 3 is all about shooting..nothing more

ILHASS said:
Campaign is a big dissapointing for me..Already in act 4....and...where is EPIC? Like riftworm in 2?? Geow 3 is all about shooting..nothing more

IDK but the (act 1 spoiler, shown at E3)
lambent leviathan
looked pretty "epic".

ILHASS said:

That's encouraging.

Loved 1. Disliked 2 and how it felt like every level had some kind of gimmick or big awkward set piece.

The shooting is solid.

It doesn't need big stupid awkward fights as much as 2 did.

ALSO...can you customize your appearance for Multiplayer or is it simply a matter of selecting different skins?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ILHASS said:
No riftworm?

Sounds better already.

Nori Chan

Full Recovery said:
There's room for one more, it's a fucking party down here.
I found this quote and the wind whispering hostiles my fav.

This game is like bro tier when it comes to bros.

DELTA SQUAD IN YO HOUSE BITCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom