• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
Storm Prelude said:
Well, fuck. I deleted the complete folder yesterday.
i still have my save files from the halo3 beta from spring 2007

they are like a few kbs. why would you delete saves on purpose

dagZ

Lunchbox said:
i still have my save files from the halo3 beta from spring 2007

they are like a few kbs. why would you delete saves on purpose

no i'm not saying I deleted the save, I was asking if deleting the beta deletes the saves with it.

Reclaimer

This might be the first Gears that I co-op through my first playthrough.

What about you guys? First play through solo, or bro-op?

ShaneB

Can anyone Gearsify my avatar? Just toss a Crimson Omen on there in the corner or something perhaps?

Also, is there scaling difficulty for co-op? 4 player insane would hopefully be much harder than 1 player insane. Also, modifiers ala Halo skulls, etc?

edit: first playthrouh is also solo. Let me enjoy the experience on my own, no interruptions.

MjFrancis

-PXG- said:

As long as you still have the 64kb PLAYER DATA file, you're fine. DO NOT DELETE THAT.

You need that in order to get your unlocks.
I am so glad that did that thing right. Deleted the beta itself and kept that cute little file. Guy looked harmless, and I figured that's where the unique data was kept.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Reclaimer said:
This might be the first Gears that I co-op through my first playthrough.

What about you guys? First play through solo, or bro-op?
I say play it co-op only if you can.

This ones a bit harder to co-op all the way though as you need 4 guys present all the time to do it properly.

zychi

Banned
-PXG- said:
Even after getting 100, I still want to go play Gears 2....Why do I torture myself like this?
because its fun. especially since they sort-of fixed the lag a year ago.

CliffyB

Playah
If you are playing co op you MUST play hardcore. 3-4p on insane is ideal.

And again, tell a friend, please. We worked hard on this game and are proud of it. Thanks.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
CliffyB said:

And again, tell a friend, please. We worked hard on this game and are proud of it. Thanks.

You guys sold us all with the beta already, the game spoke for itself.

No exaggeration when I say that it had to be the best experience I've had in a shooter online, and I've played the best of the best. If someone actually managed to kill me, I was content with the fact that I missed or the other guy was faster. Can't remember the last time I felt like that before with all of the lag and hit-detection problems in games nowadays.

Friends of mine who took a break with Gears 2 are coming back full-force with Gears 3, dropping other shooters completely even. It'll pay off for sure.

Vire

Beast Mode Waves 1-7 on Gridlock

CliffyB said:

Psh, you don't need to remind NeoGAF not to play on normal. ;)

Great work by the way. Are you nervous for the reviews hitting tonight?

pr0cs

I don't know why anyone would play the single player campaign solo. Coop with friends was probably the best part of the previous games and the biggest reason why Gears was one of the few games I finished more than once.

Natural

Wow even CliffyB posted in here!

I'm hype for this game, I'm fully prepared for going into work from job to job with no sleep because of this game come next week.

I plan on playing on Hardcore from the start even if I'm by myself, can't wait.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Natural said:
Wow even CliffyB posted in here!

I'm hype for this game, I'm fully prepared for going into work from job to job with no sleep because of this game come next week.

I plan on playing on Hardcore from the start even if I'm by myself, can't wait.
He posts all the time here, mostly in gears threads

MattyH

had the epic edition pre ordered since announcement and pre ordered the controller today i am so pumped

kuYuri

dagZ said:
no i'm not saying I deleted the save, I was asking if deleting the beta deletes the saves with it.

It doesn't. I deleted beta and I still have save file. Thank God I didn't delete that.

OrangeOak

pr0cs said:
I don't know why anyone would play the single player campaign solo. Coop with friends was probably the best part of the previous games and the biggest reason why Gears was one of the few games I finished more than once.

First time solo ,second playthrough with friends.
At least that's how I always play because during my first playthrough I like to investigate every nook and cranny.

Willeth

Anyone else going to jump into this 360voice gamerscore challenge? I've set up a group if you want in.

Details here: clickety
Link to sign up to the group I made, called the Allfathers: linkyboo

Also, the rarest skin combo is going to be chrome Lancer/chrome SO/flaming Hammerburst/gold Retro/gold Gnasher, right?

Vire

CliffyB said:
Cautiously optimistic. Not sure what else we could have crammed and or polished into this product, tbh. It's beefy.
The beta was already the most polished Gears multiplayer experience yet. If that's any indication of the full game, this game will own my disc tray for months to come. The reviews won't dictate my purchase either way, given that I've already played it and I know what to expect.

I'm looking forward to Giant Bomb's review though...

Vire said:
Beast Mode Waves 1-7 on Gridlock

Psh, you don't need to remind NeoGAF not to play on normal. ;)

Great work by the way. Are you nervous for the reviews hitting tonight?

Thanks for the vid. Gotta admit, Beast Mode seems to be pretty sick! Also, good luck Cliffy with sales for this game. But going with you guys track record with Gears, I don't think that'll be a problem right? ;)

malfcn

Is there a time limit on the Crimson Omen unlock? Not sure if I want to rock it, but it'd be nice to complete the weapon skins.

nel e nel

Skilotonn said:
You guys sold us all with the beta already, the game spoke for itself.

No exaggeration when I say that it had to be the best experience I've had in a shooter online, and I've played the best of the best. If someone actually managed to kill me, I was content with the fact that I missed or the other guy was faster. Can't remember the last time I felt like that before with all of the lag and hit-detection problems in games nowadays.

Co-sign. I considered myself an 'upper-middle class' level of player on Gears 2, and during the beta I was shocked at the stuff I was pulling off. I felt like a total badass. But at the same time, I rarely - if ever - had WTF?? moments when I got killed.

Vire

Deadly Cyclone said:
Not sure I can afford Gears 3 right now. :(

Guess I'll just watch all your impressions and pick this up in January or something.
Trade in some games man! GET GOING!

When it doubt, put your sperm up for sale. Do it for the Cole Train baby.

CliffyB

Playah
nel e nel said:
Co-sign. I considered myself an 'upper-middle class' level of player on Gears 2, and during the beta I was shocked at the stuff I was pulling off. I felt like a total badass. But at the same time, I rarely - if ever - had WTF?? moments when I got killed.

Good game design means failure is blamed on the self, instead of the game or outside conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom