• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

"Delta Squad is in your house, bitch! You hear that shit? All you grubby-ass bitches are going down! Like, way down! Dead down! So down you ain't gonna know which way is up! Your asses are gonna be crying to your skank-ass Queen, 'Oh Mommy, don't let the bad man hurt us!' Fuck you! We gonna whoop yo momma's ass! WHOO!"

Plasmid

Noriega said:
"Delta Squad is in your house, bitch! You hear that shit? All you grubby-ass bitches are going down! Like, way down! Dead down! So down you ain't gonna know which way is up! Your asses are gonna be crying to your skank-ass Queen, 'Oh Mommy, don't let the bad man hurt us!' Fuck you! We gonna whoop yo momma's ass! WHOO!"

This was my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTAVTkQx72w

Nori Chan

ok serious question time guys.

Should I get the $29.99 deal for gears 1, 2 and all the maps for 2? Gears 3 will be my first owned game of gears, but should I do this?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Noriega said:
ok serious question time guys.

Should I get the $29.99 deal for gears 1, 2 and all the maps for 2? Gears 3 will be my first owned game of gears, but should I do this?
I would say yes, do it. The other two games hold up really, really well to this date, better than any other games released this gen. And playing them all in order would be pretty awesome I'd think.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Been playing Gears3 most of the evening (one of the perks of the job).

...it's pretty good? Sorry... I mean the beta was soo widely played as was the start of the campaign that I don't really think I can report to GAF anything that people don't already know.

The franchise is a little bit like Halo, in that it's basically the same game over and over (in a good way). If you like the formula, Gears 3 will be the bee's knees. It feels very solid. If you don't, well, skip this one.

GDJustin said:
The franchise is a little bit like Halo, in that it's basically the same game over and over (in a good way). If you like the formula, Gears 3 will be the bee's knees. It feels very solid. If you don't, well, skip this one.

So it's a sequel.

Killer

Banned
Hype is getting me. I liked gears of war 2 campaign but the multiplayer..let's just not talk about that. Anyway, I tried the beta and the gameplay was really smooth, much better than the previous games. I hope that dedicated servers will balance the game then the others gears host advantage bullshit.

FTH said:
yes, please. :D
Here you go, bro! (FTH gets dibs first, everyone!)

sam_byrne1hurc.png
sam_byrne2duh2.jpg
sam_byrne3wu38.jpg
sam_byrne4pup2.png
sam_byrne6huse.png

FTH said:
awwwwww snap! THANKS SO MUCH.
No problem! :)

Volimar said:
Mind if I use this one? Also, my first avatar. Do I need to rehost?
Not at all! I just used the host from the OP avatars. The avatars I've made are small enough and the right size to upload with Neogafs own host though, so I would do that.

Volimar

ResidentDante said:
No problem! :)

Not at all! I just used the host from the OP avatars. The avatars I've made are small enough and the right size to upload with Neogafs own host though, so I would do that.

Done! Thanks a lot! Really looking forward to hearing that Claudia Black.

Volimar said:
Done! Thanks a lot! Really looking forward to hearing that Claudia Black.
Now I know who has the voice! I've just played multi, but Samantha is my default character when I play the gears, I love that australian accent!

zlatko

Banned
ResidentDante said:
Here you go, bro! (FTH gets dibs first, everyone!)

sam_byrne1hurc.png
sam_byrne2duh2.jpg
sam_byrne3wu38.jpg
sam_byrne4pup2.png
sam_byrne6huse.png

Your avatars are sick. Any chance you could hook me up too? :(

I REALLY want one of Hoffman from Gears of War 3, but I actually don't think there are ANY screenshots of him anywhere. ; ;

I forgot the name of one of the new characters, but he's the Ludacris look alike. Any chance I could get a bad ass one of him? It'll have to do till more shots of Hoffman are let out so I can try to request one with him.

Reclaimer

Fantastic official thread, thanks OP! :D I think I'm going to get the Epic Ed.
But...Too many images with large blocks of text in them. Sorry, not a fan of this GAF trend.

zlatko said:
Your avatars are sick. Any chance you could hook me up too? :(

I REALLY want one of Hoffman from Gears of War 3, but I actually don't think there are ANY screenshots of him anywhere. ; ;

I forgot the name of one of the new characters, but he's the Ludacris look alike. Any chance I could get a bad ass one of him? It'll have to do till more shots of Hoffman are let out so I can try to request one with him.
Couldn't find renders of Hoffman, but I've found hi-res renders of most of the other characeters with tranpsarent background so I'll try to make more avatars through the day.

The Ludacris look alike is called Jace Stratton. Here are two (edit: three) I made for you!

jace_stratton1hu0d.png
jace_stratton29u8b.png
jace_stratton3k45y.png

zlatko

Banned
ResidentDante said:
Couldn't find renders of Hoffman, but I've found hi-res renders of most of the other characeters with tranpsarent background so I'll try to make more avatars through the day.

The Ludacris look alike is called Jace Stratton. Here are two I made for you!

jace_stratton1hu0d.png
jace_stratton29u8b.png

Wow that looks super slick. Took the first one. Thank you very much. :)

cresto

-PXG- said:
Finally got my wings. Thank you Jesus. Thank you sweet Jesus.
wings?

Just to note...I read that grantland article and it was very well written. The guy made gears sound so poetic in what it did in the first game. And the way everything fell into place was by pure luck. Awesome stuff. I like to read about how such recognizable characters came to fruition.

edit: Ohhhh...you finally reached rank 100?

Xamdou

Darkone said:
Great OT.

For me the 20th will also be a sad day as the final game of Gears will come out :(.

Seeing as how MS is making Halo 4, I doubt MS/Epic will stop at part 3. The next Gears game will most likely be a next-gen title though seeing as how it takes 2-3 years for Epic to make a Gears game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom