• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

The speed of which you get into games in Quick Match is fantastic. It might sound trivial to some but the fact you can turn on the 360 and be playing in a matter of 2 minutes is a great motivation to play. An absolute god send, especially when you're coming from a game like Fifa 11 where it takes 10 years to get in.

leng jai

The Antitype said:
But the magnum pistol is?

Ridiculous.

The default pistol is the biggest POS...I don't think I've ever seen anyone get a kill with it yet. If the SOS is a starting weapon then the magnum pistol sure as hell should be.

clav

As a player, you have to be constantly reading the other team's strategy is. This game is not Call of Duty. No one man army approach.

If you see a guy camping, then in your head, you have to decide how to approach the situation.

Naturally, everyone wants to run up to the camper.

Instead, change the situation that does not allow someone to be advantageous to his/her position.

kaizoku said:
I suppose SOS is a decent leveller, sometimes guys who are just awesome with the gnasher can dominate matches, if you roll SOS at least you have a chance of making him switch up his game and you're not just a sitting duck in CQ. If you're not good at that wall bouncing shotgun CQC then this is like a shield/insurance policy.

Sure sucks when it hits you, but tbh whenever I use it I fail miserably so it's neither overpowered or particularly easy to use as an offensive tool.

If it wasn't for the SOS, CQC would be all about shotgun skills whereas now there's more element of tactics. You have to consider which shotgun they're using and so on. I guess I wish it eas easier to notice the SOS cos I usually dont notice until I explode. If I could tell what gun it was I could respond appropriately.
yep making it more easier to notice would help a lot
as of now you just have to infer the kind oh shotty the enemy is carrying by his behaviour

I like how you can clearly say whether someone is using a torque bow or a sniper rifle or not and it should be the same with the sawed-off

i nerini del buio said:
gamedesigners sometimes should just acknowledge that something they created is not fun nor good for the game (see armor lock in halo reach) and remove it, imo. even more when the game would be perfect without that something

This.

There is no situation where a kill with the SOS is more skillful or satisfying than the same kill would have been with the gnasher.

There is no situation where the battle involved would not have been more dramatic or fun with the gnasher involved than the SOS.

Based on the number of people in this thread preaching love for the weapon, I bet more than a few of them would opt to pick it up over the Boomshot, digger, Torque or sniper, depending on their weapon preferences.

I'd pick it up before a sniper rifle, but not a Torque bow for example, simply because I'm admittedly terrible at sniping, in ANY game.

KorrZ

Volimar said:
Guys, you don't speak for everyone. Loads of people love the sawed off, including me. And you don't speak for all vets, you shouldn't presume to even think you speak for most. I've beaten both the first two games on insane and I got Veteran Gear.

Sawed off is loads of fun. Maybe not the most competitive weapon but fun, yeah. Epic did an amazing job balancing the weapons. Guys got to quit belly aching...

This this this. A lot of the complaints just make no sense. I can understand the ones when people are talking about being in a group having shotgun fights or lancer w/e and SOS people just roll right up and blast you. People complaining about people sitting behind corners though...just what? If you see someone behind a corner don't just charge right into them? If you don't see them behind the corner well, you deserve to get killed. I'll instagib you with a Gnasher just as easily if you walk around a corner at me.

Honestly, all it takes is a quick roll back and a sawed off user is rendered completely limp.

The Antitype said:
But the magnum pistol is?

Ridiculous.

You clearly haven't seen it used by the right person. That magnum takes off heads all day.

KorrZ said:
Honestly, all it takes is a quick roll back and a sawed off user is rendered completely limp.

And all you have to do against someone using armor lock is to wait and time a single frag/sticky to get the kill...
Still, armor lock detracts from the fun, imo.

It's not about being overpowered you know. We played a game before against this clan all rushing around with the SOS and we won by a wide margin using nothing but our lancers/hammerbursts. Was it fun though? Hell no.

KorrZ said:
This this this. A lot of the complaints just make no sense. I can understand the ones when people are talking about being in a group having shotgun fights or lancer w/e and SOS people just roll right up and blast you. People complaining about people sitting behind corners though...just what? If you see someone behind a corner don't just charge right into them? If you don't see them behind the corner well, you deserve to get killed. I'll instagib you with a Gnasher just as easily if you walk around a corner at me.

You clearly haven't seen it used by the right person. That magnum takes off heads all day.

I'm not saying the magnum is not powerful or useful. I'm saying it is no less a powerful/useful upgrade over the default pistol than the SOS is over the gnasher.

Again, people would pick it up, because different people have different playstyles and strengths/weaknesses.

YOU (and Cliffy) might not think the SOS is worth picking up instead of a Longshot, Torque Bow, Boomshot, or what have you, but I can GUARANTEE you that there are people out there that feel more powerful with their default, starting shotgun than ANY pickup on the map right now.

mbmonk

KorrZ said:
If you see someone behind a corner don't just charge right into them? If you don't see them behind the corner well, you deserve to get killed. I'll instagib you with a Gnasher just as easily if you walk around a corner at me.

So help me out Gears Vets,
Lets say someone is camping at the Boomshot spawn. And if you don't make a move to control that area then he is going to get the rocketlauncher and kill you anyways. What exactly is the correct move in that situation besides charging him, because he is behind cover, and he isn't going to come out because he is in a great situation.

What do you suggest I do? Honest question. It doesn't have anything to do with the SOS really.

EDIT: And if you were referring to my early post I said you could do the exact same with the Gnasher as the SOS. It's an effective strategy; it's just not fun to play against.

So what is your suggestion to handle people that camp corners w/ the SOS and if they miss they just haul ass?

Completed tonight (Hardcore, Solo).

Loved it, got better and better as it went on. Act 1 wasn't brilliant but from then onwards was stunning. Graphically its ridiculous, can't believe some of the stuff going on it game, amazing!

Online is fucking brilliant too yay.

KorrZ said:
People complaining about people sitting behind corners though...just what? If you see someone behind a corner don't just charge right into them? If you don't see them behind the corner well, you deserve to get killed. I'll instagib you with a Gnasher just as easily if you walk around a corner at me.

It's not about the guy camping corners and me walking around to him like a dumbass. It's the fact that the SOS makes people play like assholes, period. They turn into creeping, shoot and run pieces of crap simply because of how the gun works. It's annoying.

Volimar

The Antitype said:
This.

There is no situation where a kill with the SOS is more skillful or satisfying than the same kill would have been with the gnasher.

There is no situation where the battle involved would not have been more dramatic or fun with the gnasher involved than the SOS.

Based on the number of people in this thread preaching love for the weapon, I bet more than a few of them would opt to pick it up over the Boomshot, digger, Torque or sniper, depending on their weapon preferences.

I'd pick it up before a sniper rifle, but not a Torque bow for example, simply because I'm admittedly terrible at sniping, in ANY game.

Who are you to decide what's satisfying, dramatic or fun for everyone? Just because you want fewer people running around with a sawed off is not a good enough reason to make it a power weapon. It's a starting weapon.

Dealwithit.jpg

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
KorrZ said:
People complaining about people sitting behind corners though...just what? If you see someone behind a corner don't just charge right into them?
This is not the problem. When I see someone sitting behind a corner, I do not rush them. The scenario is when I see someone behind a corner, generally the smart player will either leave it alone or approach cautiously at an angle where they can start shooting the player at their side even while on cover to start piling some damage.

In this case, someone with a gnasher will jump out and a shotgun battle will resume, or will just run away if the initial damage while they were in cover was too great. Fine.

Someone with a SOS? They will almost ALWAYS jump out and insta-gib without you even getting a chance to put up another shot. And if they miss? They will run away as soon as they press RT. Yeah, that's fun.

Feindflug

Saren is Bad said:
Can anyone not join games just recently? My matchmaking just searches but never finds anything

I stopped playing some minutes ago after an almost 10 hour marathon which was also the first time that I played MP in the retail and the matchmaking was somewhat slow (though I never had trouble finding games) and as far as I can tell the dedicated servers were not up (at least here in Europe), played some really laggy matches and saw lots of host migrations today. :/

Hopefully the dedicated servers will be up tomorrow...beta was silky smooth even with my slow ass internet connection. :(

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
The Antitype said:
This.

Actually given its limitations this isn't true. It's about positioning, timing, luring players in, flanking them, catching them by surprise. It's a different form of skill perhaps. Thats like saying the chainsaw is not a skillful weapon. I disagree. The fact is its a one hit kill melee that has massive flaws that balance out the instant death. The skill comes in actually getting that close and landing the hit. Given how easy it is to get downed and killed when you get close or get in the open, its no easy task.

My problem is with the chainsaw I can hear it coming a split second before and if I shoot or roll away I can escape. With the SOS I hear a shot and I'm dead. I guess I need to get used to rolling backwards if that takes me out of instant death range. Also need to get used to weapon ranges more. I don't actually have any idea what the SOS range is. Anyone have any handy weapon guide videos or anything?

KorrZ

mbmonk said:
So help me out Gears Vets,
Lets say someone is camping at the Boomshot spawn. And if you don't make a move to control that area then he is going to get the rocketlauncher and kill you anyways. What exactly is the correct move in that situation besides charging him, because he is behind cover, and he isn't going to come out because he is in a great situation.

What do you suggest I do? Honest question. It doesn't have anything to do with the SOS really.

I would throw a smoke and then run around the corner and blast him into pieces. Or throw a smoke and run around and flank while he's stunned. Or I'd sit and wait for him to get impatient and make a move for the Boom. I didn't say you just ignore the person sitting behind the corner, but you just have to think about your options instead of blindly rushing at him.

Volimar

Net_Wrecker said:
It's not about the guy camping corners and me walking around to him like a dumbass. It's the fact that the SOS makes people play like assholes, period. They turn into creeping, shoot and run pieces of crap simply because of how the gun works. It's annoying.

Sorry, but that's bullshit. You guys talking about skill and drama would have a point if half the people using gnashers didn't just run up and shoot people in the back. No one is above an opportunistic kill on someone that doesn't see you coming. So unless you have some kind of samurai code in which you only kill people face to face, you have no legs to stand on calling out someone else for playing whatever playstyle they like.

Volimar said:
Who are you to decide what's satisfying, dramatic or fun for everyone? Just because you want fewer people running around with a sawed off is not a good enough reason to make it a power weapon. It's a starting weapon.

Dealwithit.jpg

Why are you so fucking high on this weapon? Everything you can do with the SOS, you can do with the gnasher, it just takes more skill and has a higher risk/reward.

If you find one-hit kills so dramatic, then go for them. But at least when you go for them with the gnasher, the other player has a chance to make you earn it.

Bread

Banned
Volimar said:
Sorry, but that's bullshit. You guys talking about skill and drama would have a point if half the people using gnashers didn't just run up and shoot people in the back. No one is above an opportunistic kill on someone that doesn't see you coming. So unless you have some kind of samurai code in which you only kill people face to face, you have no legs to stand on calling out someone else for playing whatever playstyle they like.
That's not what anyone is saying though. Players with the SOS like to sit around corners and wait for people to come by, and if they miss the shot they run away to reload. There's no reason for that to be encouraged.

Lunchbox

Banned
sos is a scumbag weapon, theres no debate, it ruins the cqc in this game

but i still use it cause i got no choice against the piece of shit sitting around the corner waiting to press R

KorrZ

Stat Flow said:
This is not the problem. When I see someone sitting behind a corner, I do not rush them. The scenario is when I see someone behind a corner, generally the smart player will either leave it alone or approach cautiously at an angle where they can start shooting the player at their side even while on cover to start piling some damage.

In this case, someone with a gnasher will jump out and a shotgun battle will resume, or will just run away if the initial damage while they were in cover was too great. Fine.

Someone with a SOS? They will almost ALWAYS jump out and insta-gib without you even getting a chance to put up another shot. And if they miss? They will run away as soon as they press RT. Yeah, that's fun.

In this situation you're either:

A) Getting too close to the corner when you're taking those pop shots. So he just pops out and blasts you into gibs immediately.

B) You missed a shot while he was trying to get close enough to you and you got gibbed. Or you thought you could finish him in time so you didn't roll back.

In a one on one situation where you've got distance on a SOS user they should NEVER make it close enough to you to hit you. Hell you don't even have to roll most of the time, if you just walk backwards while you shoot 90% of them will get nervous and shoot way early.

mbmonk

So what is your suggestion to handle people that camp corners w/ the SOS and if they miss they just haul ass?

KorrZ said:
I would throw a smoke and then run around the corner and blast him into pieces. Or throw a smoke and run around and flank while he's stunned. Or I'd sit and wait for him to get impatient and make a move for the Boom. I didn't say you just ignore the person sitting behind the corner, but you just have to think about your options instead of blindly rushing at him.

I didn't put words into your mouth about "ignoring" him. So I am not sure why you brought that up. I was just asking a question.

Stun from a smoke nade is laughable. The smoke itself helps, but it still charging a guy with an SOS and he knows you are coming, which puts you in a tough situation regardless.

Maybe retreat is the best option.

Volimar said:

What does taking a free kill from behind have to do with someone missing a shot and running halfway around to map because of a 5 second reload? I don't care if someone using the SOS kills me from behind. That was my fault for not paying attention. That weapon making people just roll back and run away after shooting it is what I was talking about. It's an annoying play style that adds nothing to the game and could've been avoided completely.

razu

MikeHaggar said:
anyone else feeling a disconnect between gears 3 and the first two games in regards to environment and tone? i can't help but to feel like it's not even in the same universe as the first two games.

I do in the multiplayer maps.

Just thinking of the time I spent in these:

Gridlock
Fuel Depot
Mansion
Process
Mausoleum
Tyro Station
Clocktower
Escalation
Canals
War Machine

It's a completely different universe.

Also, with the multiplayer play, I don't know if it's the change from 4v4 to 5v5, or the extra weapons, but from the games I've had on Gridlock, which is pretty similar to how it used to be, I can't see the epic moments from Gears 1 happening again. I don't know how to explain it, but it just doesn't feel as raw. It's cool, and I'll be playing it for a while, but it's lost *something*. I was happy with it to begin with, but what was on my mind was Gears 2, it's not as bad as that, but I don't think it's going to rival Gears 1, (for me).

I'm thinking of all the cool old moments. Running for the torque or sniper in canals, or going high with the shotgun. Torqueing over the train tracks in Tyro station. Clocktower, just all of it. But then, that map felt tiny compared to these new ones. Man, running round mansion. There's nothing that compares to that here. People are saying Hotel is the same... you kidding me, it's massive, and open, and... well, it's nowhere near as good. The worst thing is that Gridlock is there, an original map, and I'm not having as much fun.

And you know what? These extended executions are tedious. They're nothing compared to the old smoke tag and "pistol spanking". It's cooler and funnier when people make their own shit up.

I'll conduct more research tomorrow...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Gridlock definitely isn't as fun on Gears 3 as it was in Gears 1. And I also feel like it has some kind of disconnect from Gears 1. It is not bad like Gears 2 was, but its missing something Gears 1 had.

KorrZ said:
In this situation you're either:

A) Getting too close to the corner when you're taking those pop shots. So he just pops out and blasts you into gibs immediately.

B) You missed a shot while he was trying to get close enough to you and you got gibbed. Or you thought you could finish him in time so you didn't roll back.

In a one on one situation where you've got distance on a SOS user they should NEVER make it close enough to you to hit you. Hell you don't even have to roll most of the time, if you just walk backwards while you shoot 90% of them will get nervous and shoot way early.
See, that's the thing. I'm NOT getting too close. You seem to think the range of the SOS is short, but in fact it is pretty fucking long. Long enough that it does instagibs from distances that shouldn't be possible :|

The other thing is that distance doesn't always equate to safety, because even if they roll, you shooting them does not always kill them, and if you miss that shot they come out of it shooting and that's almost always a death.

If I roll back and he rushes me, he doesn't need to close the full distance that I rolled, meaning that by the time I roll back, he can cover half the distance to me before I am able to come out of the roll. And by the time I get out of the roll, he is close enough with the SOS to kill me right there on the spot. And if he doesn't he is already running away.

leng jai

I don't use the SOS and its not because I'm on the high horse or any shit like that. Its because I don't find the weapon fun to use at all. Hiding in cornors and one shotting people is not my idea of fun, nor is the notion of having to run away like a dumbass after one shot. I thought the idea of Gears CQC was to encourage slightly drawn out one on one duels? IMO the SOS is not fun to use and certainly not fun to fight against.

Bread

Banned
mbmonk said:
I try to lure them out by walking close and rolling backwards and hoping they'll pop out so I can retro lancer them down.

KorrZ

mbmonk said:

I didn't put words into your mouth about "ignoring" him. So I am not sure why you brought that up. I was just asking a question.

Stun from a smoke nade is laughable. The smoke itself helps, but it still charging a guy with an SOS and he knows you are coming, which puts you in a tough situation regardless.

Maybe retreat is the best option.

I didn't mean it as you putting words into my mouth or anything...I was just saying. Sorry if that wasn't apparent. The stun from a smoke works more than long enough to ruin a SOS users day. The whole point of it is to get around the corner and into a position where you have the advantage, so he can't just step around the corner and 1 shot you as you try to get at him.

He knows you're coming, but he now loses the advantage of you having to get past him, you're right on him (keeping enough distance to shoot him but not get hit by his SOS) and he only has one shot and no way to get up close to you unless you let him.

Stat Flow said:
See, that's the thing. I'm NOT getting too close. You seem to think the range of the SOS is short, but in fact it is pretty fucking long. Long enough that it does instagibs from distances that shouldn't be possible :|

The other thing is that distance doesn't always equate to safety, because even if they roll, you shooting them does not always kill them, and if you miss that shot they come out of it shooting and that's almost always a death.

If I roll back and he rushes me, he doesn't need to close the full distance that I rolled, meaning that by the time I roll back, he can cover half the distance to me before I am able to come out of the roll. And by the time I get out of the roll, he is close enough with the SOS to kill me right there on the spot. And if he doesn't he is already running away.

But see then you ARE getting too close, you're just underestimating its range! I'm not trying to play off like it's impossible to get killed by the SOS in a one on one fight, it happens sometimes you can't keep the distance. In most cases though, if you've stayed far enough away in the first place they won't be able to close that distance on you.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
How about a Classic Playlist with:

-4v4
-Only weapons from Gears 1
-No cycling weapons
-curbstomp is only execution

Execution/Warzone only

I would love it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What sensitivity are you guys using? I cranked it all the way up but started realizing i overshoot targets. Went as low as 15 and found it too slow..now howering around 17

Stat Flow said:

-4v4
-No cycling weapons

Execution/Warzone only

I would love it.
and Gridlock only

oh wait, just play Gears 1

God damn, this game!

I just got to the ACT II part where
you defend the fort
and I'm loving it. This whole game is just the definition of polished. The firefight scenarios are great, the controls are perfect, and the new lighting engine is just incredible. Jumped into some horde, played some versus… I think this and BF3 are going to last me for a long long time.

Awesome job Epic*.

* I have had a surprising amount of mp matches affected by stuttering / lag. I thought this game had dedicated servers...

KorrZ

Stat Flow said:

-4v4
-No cycling weapons

Execution/Warzone only

I would love it.

Only if they bring Canals, Escalation, Fuel Depot and Clocktower into the game.

Grisby

Oh man, just spent the last two hours in a room fulla lvl10's and 15's(I'm a lvl30). I'm not that great of a gears player but I was on fire. Fire.

Went 24 kills on Sandbar. It's a snipers dream.

razu

Stat Flow said:

-4v4
-No cycling weapons

Execution/Warzone only

I would love it.

Yeah, just put the Gears 1 disc in... ;)

And it's not nostalgia, I've been playing Gears1 last week in the run up to 3. That was more fun for sure. You get to choose the mode and map, wow! We got warzone back... but voting for maps...? No thanks. Elect a leader and let them pick, people can "talk", as I like to call it, between rounds to pick the next map. Fuck me, is it that difficult?

So what do I actually want...? More people playing Gears 1. Oh, and party chat disabled so we get the classic shit talking back in between rounds.

So yeah, Gears 3 is an awesome game, but it's looking like 1 was better, (for me).

KorrZ

_dementia said:
No love for Mansion?

I love Mansion too, but I'd be so much happier to see Clocktower, Canals or Fuel Depot brought into the game those maps just represent so many good memories for me.

Grisby

KorrZ said:
I love Mansion too, but I'd be so much happier to see Clocktower, Canals or Fuel Depot brought into the game those maps just represent so many good memories for me.

I know what you mean. Playing Gridlock just a bit ago I was thinking, "I round this bend and take cover behind the newspaper box. Maybe go for the grenades and toss them up at the sniper."

Gears definitely holds a special place in my MP heart.

However, I would like a higher ratio of new maps to remakes. Take me to some new locations ya know?

Proelite

Holy shit. Playing coop with 4 randoms makes even the dullest fights awesome. You can tell that every encounter is made for 4 people.

KorrZ

Grisby said:
I know what you mean. Playing Gridlock just a bit ago I was thinking, "I round this bend and take cover behind the newspaper box. Maybe go for the grenades and toss them up at the sniper."

Gears definitely holds a special place in my MP heart.

However, I would like a higher ratio of new maps to remakes. Take me to some new locations ya know?

Gears was the one game where ALL of my friends were into it. We had 7 of us play every single day for hours with random people we met rotating in for the 8th spot. Execution first to 5 with 5 second downs all day rotating through all the maps. It'll always be my favourite multiplayer game just because of that aspect of playing with my buddies all day everyday, those maps are forever burned into my skull every little detail.

It's never the same these days. I was in high school when Gears 1 was out, now everyones in college or working and I at most play games with 1 or 2 friends at a time.

Volimar

The Antitype said:
Why are you so fucking high on this weapon? Everything you can do with the SOS, you can do with the gnasher, it just takes more skill and has a higher risk/reward.

If you find one-hit kills so dramatic, then go for them. But at least when you go for them with the gnasher, the other player has a chance to make you earn it.

I spent friggen years playing gears 2 and getting sick of having to use the gnasher all the time. There's a new shotgun now, and I'm going to enjoy the alternative. There's plenty of risk and reward with the sawed off. You have to get incredibly close to get the kill, and even if you wait for people you get pushed out of cover by frag grenades, incendiary grenades, mortars, digger, boomshot, etc. Plus once the enemy spots you and two people come at you from different directions, you're practically screwed.

If I kill one of you with the sawed off and can dodge or run long enough to reload before the other one kills me, does that say more about my skill or yours? hugging cover and zig zagging your way to a circle in KOTH and getting multiple kills with sawed off is very rewarding. To me at least.

If you don't enjoy using it, then don't use it. But just because you don't enjoy taking the steps to counter the weapon doesn't give you a reason to call for its removal. Plenty of people do enjoy the weapon, and it's not going anywhere.

Thank you to Epic for giving us an alternative to the gnasher!

Bread said:
That's not what anyone is saying though. Players with the SOS like to sit around corners and wait for people to come by, and if they miss the shot they run away to reload. There's no reason for that to be encouraged.

Why not? Plenty of gnasher players wait behind corners. Plenty of people tagged grenades in gears 2 and that was the cheapest way ever to kill someone. Plenty of people camped the respawn areas in the beta. The point is, cheap kills abound. The game is fun. I enjoy it. The sawed off is fun, the retro charge is fun, mantle kicks are fun. GG

Grisby said:
Oh man, just spent the last two hours in a room fulla lvl10's and 15's(I'm a lvl30). I'm not that great of a gears player but I was on fire. Fire.

Went 24 kills on Sandbar. It's a snipers dream.
I bet you would have gone 25 straight kills if it weren't for that newb with his SOS. :)

I feel like I'm part of the problem, since I'm a SOS user. I don't camp around corners and shit, but I do like to blindside people and just get people out of my face. It's a quick, one-shot chance to say "GTFO my face, son". I don't rush into people and hope they don't shoot me with the half a dozen counters to the weapon, and hope for a trade with the shotgun kills. I'm level 42, already unlocked Superstar Cole, and I'm sitting pretty on 2.9 KDR in TDM, you don't get that shit playing like an idiot with the SOS. You still gotta call out spots, rush/support power weapons, know how to move, when to get out of a bad situation, control the map, have situational awareness at all times so no one sneaks up on you, etc. The SOS won't magically make you a good Gears of War player, you may get a few cheesy kills playing like a scrub, but a scrub will still be a scrub at the end of the day.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Campaign was a massive improvement over Gears 2, which I thought was tremendously disappointing. This game was much less focused on cheap set piece gimmicks and more on the core shooting like Gears 1. The non-squad combat portions were lame as always, but they were much less lame than the first two games. My biggest complaint is that the game was too long. I think it would be a better experience if Act IV was completely deleted. It was the classic case of the developer prioritizing their garbage story over the pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom