• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Overpass is one of the worst maps for TDM that I've ever seen in any game.

If your team isn't the one that establishes itself on the overpass then you might as well just disconnect. It's that bad.

Nori Chan

vodka-bull said:
I just took a look at a list of the requirements for all the Onyx medals.

Seriously 3.0 will take a while. And with a while I mean 2-3 years for me.

Is anybody of you guys going for it?
Yes.

vodka-bull said:
I just took a look at a list of the requirements for all the Onyx medals.

Seriously 3.0 will take a while. And with a while I mean 2-3 years for me.

Is anybody of you guys going for it?

The Achievement is really ridiculous. Seriously and Seriously 2.0 were cute as in, wow, that's crazy. 3.0 is just...I mean...seriously?

I think I'll get all of them except Seriously 3.0

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Hit KoolAidShoto up with an invite when you're ready to go
Sent!

Also, I fired up the game just now and ZOMG MY RIBBONS EXCLAMATION MARK WENT AWAY :O

EDIT: Spoke too soon, just reappeared :/

My biggest issue with the sawed off is that it's not what Epic said it would be. When they first revealed the gun they said it would be useless outside of melee range. Well it's not. In fact it can blow you to pieces from farther out with one shot than the gnasher can.

Watch this damage video that was posted... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzBPcavSSsI

At 9:06 you see them testing the farthest distance at which the sawed off can kill with one shot, and there's a solid five or six feet from the tip of one character's toe to the other's toe. Now last time I checked melee reach was maybe two feet max. If the sawed off could only reach two feet then it'd be a much more balanced weapon. You'd have to get in much closer and take a much larger risk.

For comparison's sake rewind back to 7:37 in the video where they test the gnasher from the same distance. One shot from the gnasher puts out a lot of damage but no gib. So the sawed off has a better one shot kill range than the gnasher. That's ridiculous.

Now to be fair the video was taken before the day one title update, but I think the only thing that fixed was the sawed off's downing ability, which it doesn't even need considering the range the thing has.

If Epic changed the effective gib range to the "melee distance" they claimed it would be then I think people wouldn't mind it as much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fatebreaker, Full Recovery, and anyone else who wants to get in on this Beast Insane run, send an invite to me at my gamertag: arvinater

Let's get this going!

KorrZ

ShaneB said:
First real network issues tonight, lots of host drops and lagging =/

Oh thank god, I thought it was just me. I was actually teleporting around the map when I was trying to play a few minutes ago :\.

AcciDante

I've been playing the same horde private match (on casual) on and off through the day, and I'm stuck on wave 37. If I turn my game off, then later continue at wave 37, will it still count towards the beating all 50 waves achievement?

KorrZ

AcciDante said:
I've been playing the same horde private match (on casual) on and off through the day, and I'm stuck on wave 37. If I turn my game off, then later continue at wave 37, will it still count towards the beating all 50 waves achievement?

Yup. I've been playing with my buddy for the past couple days and we've just been starting on w/e wave we left off and it's all counted so far.

mrgone

AcciDante said:
I hope so. It's getting pretty frustrating to get half-way through Horde in a public game, just to lose an hour of work when the host has to quit and host migration fails to remember the state of the game.

KorrZ said:
Yup. I've been playing with my buddy for the past couple days and we've just been starting on w/e wave we left off and it's all counted so far.
Goood :)

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Sooo i left the game on for a bit while i was making some food, come back to find the disk freaking the hell out trying to play the anya monologue, i think it's the 'in previous gears' or whatever.

in any case, the disk is literally scratched now from how hard it was working to play that video.

What the fuck, Epic???

CyReN

"Ron Ferguson stated in his Gears of War 3 Q & A that the Sawed Off Shotgun was for new players, or players who aren't good using the Gnasher. We recognize people really like the shotgun gameplay so we wanted to find a way to let new players have that same experience who aren't talented with the Gnasher for example. So we wanted to make a weapon that doesn't require the twitch gameplay of the Gnasher but allows them to have that close quarters combat fun. I know it's a controversial weapon"

All makes sense now.

CyReN said:
"Ron Ferguson stated in his Gears of War 3 Q & A that the Sawed Off Shotgun was for new players, or players who aren't good using the Gnasher. We recognize people really like the shotgun gameplay so we wanted to find a way to let new players have that same experience who aren't talented with the Gnasher for example. So we wanted to make a weapon that doesn't require the twitch gameplay of the Gnasher but allows them to have that close quarters combat fun. I know it's a controversial weapon"

All makes sense now.

So they didn't stop and think for a second about what would happen when even a moderately skilled player got their hands on it?

Those same noobs that they're trying to help out will just get even more frustrated when a skilled veteran is owning them left and right with the same weapon.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If I start an Arcade Campaign will it write over my progress of single player campaign? Probably a silly question, but just wanted to check.

Boogdud

HawksWinStanley said:
Watch this damage video that was posted... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzBPcavSSsI

At 9:06 you see them testing the farthest distance at which the sawed off can kill with one shot, and there's a solid five or six feet from the tip of one character's toe to the other's toe. Now last time I checked melee reach was maybe two feet max. If the sawed off could only reach two feet then it'd be a much more balanced weapon. You'd have to get in much closer and take a much larger risk.

Heck the stuff at 9:50 is just as bad if not worse. I mean that doesn't make sense in any universe. Add in some lag and you have, problems.

Fallacy

Neo Member
Broman1978 said:
Anyone knows a good place to find the Sawed off shotgun in the campaign?
:)
start with a character that is using or it or trade weapons with one that is. I'm only on act III but so far no enemies with SOS

enzo_gt said:
2 hours later, all 12 waves complete! Woo!

All you bastards quite except one guy, but we got it done :mad:

LOL good job, I hate Beast Mode and wasn't having any fun with that. Just got the regular Kantus after 600 freakin' revives(WTF Epic?), which is pretty much the only Locust I really like, so I'm good.

Keep getting stuck in the campaign - Act III/Chapter 1 or 2 (Solo/Hardcore):

I've just defended the Anvil Gate base against the Locust assault and have to rescue some Gears that are trapped outside of the base. I chose to go with the truck and of course, all hell breaks loose and hectic battle between locust and then lambent ensues. That's all fine until the lambent berzerker arrives and Baird starts up the Hammer. He says to get inside the fort because he can't control the hammer of dawn - OK.

At this point a prompt shows up "RUN!", and every time I run I end up killed a few seconds later by the hammer of dawn and have to restart all the way back at the beginning of the battle. If I run towards the fort there is a hammer shot that seems to pop up out of nowhere and fry me. Many tries later I can't seem to avoid it and get disintegrated every time.

The objective on the restart screen says to get inside the fort before the third hammer strike - which is exactly what I'm trying to do, but I honestly can't seem to avoid getting zorched by the damn thing. Its blast radius is crazy and that second strike moves quick as hell.
What am I missing here? Its a great battle but after 7 or 8 retries I just had to give up. Any help?

iavi

cacophony said:
I'm playing Execution on Gridlock and all of a sudden Mad World starts playing

wtf?

Lol, so that wasn't just me hearing things. It started playing in a really low volume, and I thought someone was playing it in another room. That's pretty cool.

Kambing

Just got the game from gramefly today, have played for around 1-2 hours.

GOD DAMN at the graphics man. The new way they implemented the lighting really makes Gears 3 look fucking boss. Enjoying this a shit ton, may have to buy =P

Just played KOTH for like 3 hours straight and went + double digits every match. Got some rampages, some quins, and other crazy stuff. Didn't even get sawed-offed much. Never really seen the problem in that gun.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
dmg04 said:
Sooo i left the game on for a bit while i was making some food, come back to find the disk freaking the hell out trying to play the anya monologue, i think it's the 'in previous gears' or whatever.

in any case, the disk is literally scratched now from how hard it was working to play that video.

What the fuck, Epic???
I'm guessing i'm the only one with this issue :\

NullPointer said:
Keep getting stuck in the campaign - Act III/Chapter 1 or 2 (Solo/Hardcore):

I've just defended the Anvil Gate base against the Locust assault and have to rescue some Gears that are trapped outside of the base. I chose to go with the truck and of course, all hell breaks loose and hectic battle between locust and then lambent ensues. That's all fine until the lambent berzerker arrives and Baird starts up the Hammer. He says to get inside the fort because he can't control the hammer of dawn - OK.

At this point a prompt shows up "RUN!", and every time I run I end up killed a few seconds later by the hammer of dawn and have to restart all the way back at the beginning of the battle. If I run towards the fort there is a hammer shot that seems to pop up out of nowhere and fry me. Many tries later I can't seem to avoid it and get disintegrated every time.

The objective on the restart screen says to get inside the fort before the third hammer strike - which is exactly what I'm trying to do, but I honestly can't seem to avoid getting zorched by the damn thing. Its blast radius is crazy and that second strike moves quick as hell.
What am I missing here? Its a great battle but after 7 or 8 retries I just had to give up. Any help?

That's strange. Where are you at exactly on the battlefield when you get prompted to run? I've only played through the game once and at that part I was near the last lambent stalk that grew when I got the prompt to run inside and I made it unharmed. I guess the only advice I can give is try to hang with your NPC delta teammates.

cacophony said:
I'm playing Execution on Gridlock and all of a sudden Mad World starts playing

wtf?
If you finish a round without anyone knocking over the statues/remnants of people then it plays.
Pretty cool eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom