• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

Grisby said:
It was very easy. I died numerous times in GOW2 on hardcore but not here.

Brilliant. I command you to learn gif making and bring back your spoils.

I would but I'm stuck at work and not playing Gears :) My gif making abilities are as noobish as SOS players :)

see5harp said:
I'm not saying you are wrong, there's just more to rushing the zone everytime it's open and you have numbers. I killed an entire team with a single grenade to get a Quinn ribbon on KOTH. That SOS kill was dirty I just don't think KOTH is one of the modes that is particularly ruined by SOS. If anything it's the modes like Execution, Wingman, and Slayer.

Oh, yeah, absolutely. I can't stand playing Execution right now.

Risk Breaker said:
Oh, yeah, absolutely. I can't stand playing Execution right now.
I'm new to gears and I was wondering why execution still allow instagibs. Wouldn't it be better if SOS, boomshots, frags, diggers, etc downed people instead of instagib them? So that you would still have to get closer to the enemy to finish him

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i nerini del buio said:
I'm new to gears and I was wondering why execution still allow instagibs. Wouldn't it be better if SOS, boomshots, frags, diggers, etc downed people instead of instagib them? So that you would still have to get closer to the enemy to finish him
Never understood that either. Kind of defeats the purpose, and unbalanced the weapon set *even more* favorably towards instagib weapons.

see5harp

i nerini del buio said:

That would just nerf the power weapons though and further mess up the balance. The power weapon pickups are built into the balance of the game (you can see when someone has picked something up). People who played Gears 2 knows how inconsistant the Boomshot could be in that game with direct hits. As I see it, the Boomshot now works as intended.

alphaNoid said:
So many people will never use the sawed off because of its shitty ass range, but those who do and do it well will be rewarded :)

Haha, "do it well" ahahahah. Yeah, so hard to use the SOS well. Hahahahahahah

Teknoman

Did the slow mo section:

ibxXJPQ6sDMV3g.gif

Also no sympathy here. I'd be hyped if I pulled off something like that, and just laugh in disbelief if it happened to me and my teammates. Never group that close together on a point without watching all sides. And that should've been obvious even back in GoW 2.

whitehawk

Banned
Arnie said:
:lol

As if the thing has a learning curve.
It does... I sucked at it at first, but I've learned how to take advantage of it, and do very well now :) It's my weapon of choice, at least for KOTH.

see5harp

I'm frustrated when killed by the SOS but I can't say that I haven't had any fun with it. My favorite thing to do is down someone and play a little hide and seek to bait teammates for the revive. I don't even feel dirty when I get the kaboom. /shrug

Nora Kisaragi said:
So is the secret boss any difficult?
Say what?

About that Sawed-off quad: no different from chucking a 'nade and getting the same result in Gears 2. The guy was just lucky to be there and have the right weapon equipped.

You could argue that it's unfair in the sense that the probability of quads like that happening is much higher in Gears 3 since the appropriate weapon to pull that off is available to you the moment you spawn, unlike a power weapon which you have to fight for.

In that particular case though, as much as I hate the SOS, they sadly had it coming.

Teknoman

see5harp said:
I'm frustrated when killed by the SOS but I can't say that I haven't had any fun with it. My favorite thing to do is down someone and play a little hide and seek to bait teammates for the revive. I don't even feel dirty when I get the kaboom. /shrug

I'd be ticked but only slightly. Kinda helps force players to try and have a higher level of situational awareness, and not just go mad dashing all over. Or at least it should...

snack

Teknoman said:
Did the slow mo section:

ibxXJPQ6sDMV3g.gif

Also no sympathy here. I'd be hyped if I pulled off something like that, and just laugh in disbelief if it happened to me and my teammates. Never group that close together on a point without watching all sides. And that should've been obvious even back in GoW 2.
hahahaha

Fucking SOS! I was playing TDM yesterday and some guy was destroying our team with it. The Retro Lancer works great as a counter though.

sajj316

Alright Teknoman has the slow mo captured as a gif. All we need is the text, "BROTHERS TO THE END" ... alternative is "DEAL WITH IT BITCHES" with a pop-up of Cliffy B in sunglasses similar to the Mortal Kombat "Toasty".

LiK

Teknoman said:
Did the slow mo section:

ibxXJPQ6sDMV3g.gif

why the fuck would they all stick together like that? dummies.

alphaNoid

Banned
cuevas said:
Haha, "do it well" ahahahah. Yeah, so hard to use the SOS well. Hahahahahahah
By do it well I seriously mean, use it within range
KuGsj.gif
. I've seen so many people try and use it from 20 meters out lol.

I'm not a fan of the maps in GoW3 at all. GoW1-2's were much better.
Why are there only 10 total? Between the 2 beta maps I played to death and the 2 oldies, 6 maps is not cutting it at all.
Thankfully there's 4 map packs coming out in the next 4 months!

Campaign was pretty fun.. final boss was annoying though. (So many guards)

LowParry

It's funny to watch a ranked 1 with a SOS dominate a team of 40 - 50 ranked peeps. Truly amazing. Hey, at least my team won. :D

Beaten level 50 of Horde twice now and can safely say that the hardest boss is two armored kantuses. F*ck those guys. If you're not lucky enough to have a boomshot, frag grenade or torque bow, you're screwed. Those guys shoot you down then roll over you. Dead. Ulgh.

Any tips for when you (inevitably) don't have explosives?

LiK

Epyon MX said:
Beaten level 50 of Horde twice now and can safely say that the hardest boss is two armored kantuses. F*ck those guys. If you're not lucky enough to have a boomshot, frag grenade or torque bow, you're screwed. Those guys shoot you down then roll over you. Dead. Ulgh.

the Armored Kantuses are the worst. i managed to kill one in Horde but then the other one killed everyone, lol

we didn't have any explosives left. i just kept shooting at its head from front and back. seems to work but it takes a ton of bullets.

Elginer

I've gotten some game invites but each time I try to join it tells me something about connection to host lost. My NAT is open so what's going on with that? Any ideas?

Plasmid

Elginer said:
I've gotten some game invites but each time I try to join it tells me something about connection to host lost. My NAT is open so what's going on with that? Any ideas?
Could have been filled.

Epyon MX said:

Scorcher works well on armored kantus and if you have like 3-5 people left you can always melee the crap out of him.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mr Solo Dolo said:
Horde with randoms.

1203638633891.png
Dunno why you would bother playing with randoms. There's pretty much no reason to.

Just got of playing TDM with randoms. Its a great feeling when it clicks and we stay as a team.

Also there should be a lone wolf gametype because thats how the majority play it anyway

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question about Insane

if I join somebody's game half way through the act do I need need to go back and do it from start to finish or can I just play the first half I missed?

I don't know I can be bothered to do it again

LiK

I joined a pub coop campaign on Insanity and the three dudes I joined were great and very nice. They sounded like high school guys but they were good dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom