• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickdundee96 said:
Also there should be a lone wolf gametype because thats how the majority play it anyway

Nothing would make me happier then a mercenary type playlist. sometimes you just wanna play gears, but your friends are all off doing other things

LosDaddie

Banned
LosDaddie said:
Anybody want to join me for some co-op Campaign this week? I'm thinking for about ~1.5hrs each night, starting around 9pm EST.

Busy week last week, and I was out of town this weekend. So I haven't played the Campaign at all yet. :( But like I did with Gears 1 & 2, I only want to play it co-op.

Let me know.

Anybody? :(

MjFrancis

LosDaddie said:
Add me, Sage MjFrancis. No guarantees just yet, but I've been looking to play through the campaign one act at a time 4 player co-op (or at least 2 players, lol). This week would be great. Each Act is in a small enough chunk that 1 1/2 - 2 hours a night might work well. Be done by Friday, maybe?

I'm looking to play on Insane, though, but since we can each choose our own difficulties that should work fine. I don't die too much on Insane. I'm on the West Coast, but 6:00pm works for me.

LiK said:
why the fuck would they all stick together like that? dummies.
Because there's a boomshot and nobody want the other teammate to have it. Ain't that obvious?

Reminder:

If you are from Europe, add this gamertag so you can see other people from GAF and play with them.

Dan Yo

Banned
-PXG- said:
This game is pissing me off today. I want to punch someone's fucking teeth out.
You're not alone. This morning, my friends and I lost a ton of ranked matches in a row and it felt as if something was wrong. Perhaps the servers were down or something. Everyone went to bed in a bad mood.

Xevren

LiK said:
I thought there was a GAF tag made already.

I think it's just a general multiplayer tag. No idea if there is demand purely for a horde tag. I'd probably be up for that since I have no real interest in versus but I adore Horde/beast mode.

-PXG-

TheOddOne said:
Maby we should set up a GAF tag for people who wanna horde. PXG do it.

There's nothing stopping you from doing it...Plus there's already 4 tags already, plus one for Europe.

TheOddOne

-PXG- said:
There's nothing stopping you from doing it...Plus there's already 4 tags already, plus one for Europe.
Maby I'll do it but can't right now because XBOX site is acting up again, but if anybody else wants to do it be my guest :)

Seth Balmore said:
Say what?

About that Sawed-off quad: no different from chucking a 'nade and getting the same result in Gears 2. The guy was just lucky to be there and have the right weapon equipped.

You could argue that it's unfair in the sense that the probability of quads like that happening is much higher in Gears 3 since the appropriate weapon to pull that off is available to you the moment you spawn, unlike a power weapon which you have to fight for.

In that particular case though, as much as I hate the SOS, they sadly had it coming.

Guess he's talking about this?

http://projectnailbat.wordpress.com/2011/09/26/super-secret-boss-of-gears-of-war-3/

-PXG-

abracadaver said:
Damn how do you beat the final boss on insane ? Im trying for 2 hours now and those damn palace guards always get me.

Get a solid team and play on Trenches. Have fun. It's easy.

K' Dash

Any spanish talking gaffers want to tackle some horde? I don't mind playing with english speaking people, but when I get desperate the words just don't come out, lol.

Flame Lord said:
This games one flaw: No saved films

So many badass moments I'll never get to see again...
Yeah, everyone begged for a theater mode long before release but Epic stated that it's impossible to implement because of the physics engine (?).

Not only that, they fucking removed my beloved photo mode. :(

K' Dash

for the new page:

Any spanish talking gaffers want to tackle some horde? I don't mind playing with english speaking people, but when I get desperate the words just don't come out, lol.

Are there no servers for Beast Mode? I tried to play two games this morning and I lost connection to the host somehow part way through. Was really enjoying it. First time I played it. I need to make it all the way through one for the achievement though.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Flame Lord said:
This games one flaw: No saved films

Gears 3 is a few features away from god-tier.

We have:
- flawless gameplay
- dedicated servers
- amazing campaign
- many playlists
- horde/beast modes
- great maps + dozens to come
- great party system
Level reached: Holy shit among the best of this gen!

Gears needs the following to reach god-tier:
- online stat tracking
- better in-game stat tracking
- theater system like Halo
- some may say no SoS :p

kuYuri

abracadaver said:
Damn how do you beat the final boss on insane ? Im trying for 2 hours now and those damn palace guards always get me.

Even on Hardcore, I was playing with a friend and we eventually started to get overrun by palace guards because we were too busy concentrating on boss. There were so many guards on screen the framerate started to take a hit.

My strategy is to attempt with 2 people concentrating guards, 2 on boss.

see5harp

ToyMachine228 said:
Are there no servers for Beast Mode? I tried to play two games this morning and I lost connection to the host somehow part way through. Was really enjoying it. First time I played it. I need to make it all the way through one for the achievement though.

Horde and Beast are definitely P2P with no host migration. It's a shame, because the amount of lag in P2P has been drastically reduced.

JambiBum

RSTEIN said:
Gears 3 is a few features away from god-tier.

We have:
- flawless gameplay
- dedicated servers
- amazing campaign
- many playlists
- horde/beast modes
- great maps + dozens to come
- great party system
Level reached: Holy shit among the best of this gen!

Gears needs the following to reach god-tier:
- online stat tracking
- better in-game stat tracking
- theater system like Halo
- some may say no SoS :p
Online stats will be up soon. How does it need better in game stats though? It has stats for everything you could possibly want in game.

A theater mode would be great though.

Grisby

Seth Balmore said:
Yeah, everyone begged for a theater mode long before release but Epic stated that it's impossible to implement because of the physics engine (?).

Not only that, they fucking removed my beloved photo mode. :(

I know. My photo mode, :(

-PXG-

Theater/ Replay mode (I know it won't happen, but it would be nice)
Mercenary/ Solo Playlist (Call of Duty does this)
Classic/ Gears 1 Playlist
SOS and HB re-balancing
COG vs Locust PVP Beast
A shit load more character skins (especially for the Locust)
More robust customization for Private games (use Halo Reach as an example)
Clocktower, Raven Down, Old Bones, Mausoleum and Canals all return

Do these, and Epic will have made a true GOTF. I wouldn't need another 360 game.

JambiBum said:
Online stats will be up soon. How does it need better in game stats though? It has stats for everything you could possibly want in game.

A theater mode would be great though.

It should have stats about which weapons kill you. That way we could truly bitch about the SOS :D

Lothars

Risk Breaker said:
It should have stats about which weapons kill you. That way we could truly bitch about the SOS :D
I thought they already had that stat in or I was sure I saw something along those lines, Everyone is going to bitch about the SOS anyway even if it's not warrented.

see5harp

If you go into stats you can see how many times you've been killed holding a particular weapon but I'm not sure if you can see how many times you've been killed by something. I'd really like to see Bungie.net levels of quality on the website. Theater mode should be a mandatory part of UE4 tech.

Grisby said:
This is perhaps the greatest gaming secret I've seen this gen.

Bravo, Epic you beautiful bastards.

Hmmm, I don't want to spoil how to find it or what is it, but could you or someone else tell me in which act is it?

Bizazedo

Strider2K99 said:
Even on Hardcore, I was playing with a friend and we eventually started to get overrun by palace guards because we were too busy concentrating on boss. There were so many guards on screen the framerate started to take a hit.

My strategy is to attempt with 2 people concentrating guards, 2 on boss.
I guess I got lucky on Hardcore. I just hid behind the pillars where the Hammer of Dawn spawn and never left them :(. Seemed pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom