• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Bizazedo said:
I guess I got lucky on Hardcore. I just hid behind the pillars where the Hammer of Dawn spawn and never left them :(. Seemed pretty easy.
I played solo hardcore and it was pretty easy. The only guys that caused any damage were the Shriekers. The guards were too busy with my teammates.

Sandman42

The only map I really want back from Gears 1 is Canals. I always loved that map! I don't really know why, but it's just one of those maps I have fond memories of playing over and over again.

Grisby

Sandman42 said:
The only map I really want back from Gears 1 is Canals. I always loved that map! I don't really know why, but it's just one of those maps I have fond memories of playing over and over again.

I kinda want the rain map back where ever so once in a while it would lightning and you would see the players. I'd like a map with any rain really.

The only thing that sucked is every time it did that your controller shook.

-PXG-

Getting back into the dating scene...gonna have adverse effects on my game. Derp mode activating...No wonder I've been playing like shit this morning.

Sandman42 said:
So many memories on Canals in both games. Hell the Gears 2 version was the first time I cleared Horde too.

bs000

abracadaver said:
Its even harder in coop. We tried for hours yesterday with 4 people. No chance

You could do it in arcade mode. As long as one person stays alive, you can respawn infinitely.

ShaneB

Sandman42 said:

Just terrific map design. I loved the visuals as well in 2 with the ice and snow motif, but yeah, in general it plays so wonderfully. No traps or places to camp, everywhere has multiple routes, great weapon placements, etc.

edit: also, what the heck is with the random map rotation? I swear last night me and my friends were playing the same 3 maps over and over.

LosDaddie

Banned
Marleyman said:
Hey man, I got pretty far on my own considering the teammates I had are never on. I might want to go through it again though; I will hit you up this week after 9.

word

MjFrancis said:
Add me, Sage MjFrancis. No guarantees just yet, but I've been looking to play through the campaign one act at a time 4 player co-op (or at least 2 players, lol). This week would be great. Each Act is in a small enough chunk that 1 1/2 - 2 hours a night might work well. Be done by Friday, maybe?

I'm looking to play on Insane, though, but since we can each choose our own difficulties that should work fine. I don't die too much on Insane. I'm on the West Coast, but 6:00pm works for me.

word. That's pretty much what I want to do, too; One Act per night. It's a great stopping point.

And I'll be playing on Hardcore, since this will be my first playthrough.

K' Dash said:
I'm available, I need to do it again on Insane :)

GT: K DashCR

I'd need the GMT time you're going to be online.

hmm...GMT? That sounds...European, maybe? It's currently 3:20pm here on the East Coast USA.

Lothars

ShaneB said:
edit: also, what the heck is with the random map rotation? I swear last night me and my friends were playing the same 3 maps over and over.
I've encountered the same thing where the same maps just repeat, It's probably a bug but I hope it's fixed sooner than later because I like when it actually goes through all the maps not just the same couple maps over and over.

Strider2K99 said:
Even on Hardcore, I was playing with a friend and we eventually started to get overrun by palace guards because we were too busy concentrating on boss. There were so many guards on screen the framerate started to take a hit.

My strategy is to attempt with 2 people concentrating guards, 2 on boss.
Strategy fo the final boss (maybe a spoiler):
As recommended earlier in this thread, try it in singleplayer, stay in the area where your teammates are (so they'll protect you from the guards) and concentrate solely on the boss. If the guards start shooting you from somewhere, get behind cover and continue shooting the boss, never mind the guards, your Botmates will handle them for you.

Or you could just set up a game in which only you play on insane and the other 3 people play on casual. But that's the little boy's way of beating the game ;)

Dear epic,
I would like to inform you that $30 of my money that would have gone to the season pass will not be yours because you chose to include an overpowered weapon as a starting weapon.
AlmostMilk

Lothars said:
I've encountered the same thing where the same maps just repeat, It's probably a bug but I hope it's fixed sooner than later because I like when it actually goes through all the maps not just the same couple maps over and over.

At a bare minimum they could add map voting to quick match. Played Overpass, Sandbar, and Gridlock way too much yesterday.

Lothars said:

I seem to be constantly playing overpass

Dan Yo

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Gears 3 is a few features away from god-tier.

We have:
- flawless gameplay
- dedicated servers
- amazing campaign
- many playlists
- horde/beast modes
- great maps + dozens to come
- great party system
Level reached: Holy shit among the best of this gen!

Gears needs the following to reach god-tier:
- online stat tracking
- better in-game stat tracking
- theater system like Halo
- some may say no SoS :p

Final kill cam please.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
JambiBum said:
Online stats will be up soon. How does it need better in game stats though? It has stats for everything you could possibly want in game.
I find it difficult to look up stats on the fly, especially for other players.
Need more weapon stats, heat maps for kills/deaths, K/D chart like CoD Black Ops, etc.

ShaneB said:

Apparently our DEAR Joe Graf "over randomized" the map cycling. Literally. Don't ask me.

ShaneB

Lothars said:

I'm not sure why it just doesn't cycle them alphabetically like it did in Gears 2 social.

Risk Breaker said:
Apparently our DEAR Joe Graf "over randomized" the map cycling. Literally. Don't ask me.

I see.... interesting.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Risk Breaker said:
lol, at least you can say Joe Graf is guaranteed a spot in gaming history.

ShaneB said:
I find myself playing everything but Old Town. I've only gotten that a couple times

Stantron

I love the chatter from the different characters when doing context sensitive things (failed reload, head shot, etc). I just wish there was 10 times more of it. It adds a lot to the game.

Meus Renaissance said:
Anyone want to do some Horde or Co-Op campaign now? My GT is in my profile here. Add me please
Campaign, in case you want to do it on insane. Still have to beat every act on insane except 5 :D

Things I want in future updates
-less randomized map rotation. No, I don't wanna keep playing Overpass, I wanna play Checkout and Mercy, damnit.
-Mercenary Playlist, for when none of my friends are online and I don't wanna get spanked in TDM by full party teams
-Online stat tracking
-MORE MAPS, Overpass stinks, Sandbar is too big, Gridlock is still same old Gridlock, and I've played the beta maps to death.
-Indicator for when Dedicated Servers are up or not

And uh...yeah. That's about it. I honestly think its a great video game in its current state, regardless.

U2NUMB

Damn it Best Buy.. why do you give me two mechanic Baird codes.. this will tear my friendships apart as they fight for it.

ilMikhail

K' Dash said:
for the new page:

Any spanish talking gaffers want to tackle some horde? I don't mind playing with english speaking people, but when I get desperate the words just don't come out, lol.

Spanish gaf here , send me your gamertag :) hope we can make a spanish gaf team

Aguirre said:
How's the sniping in this one? Better than 1st? Gears 1 sniping was miles more fun than 2, so whats the verdict?

A lot better than 2. I mean, I can make noscope oscar mikes and supers like crazy sometimes, something pretty fucking difficult to pull off in 2.

I'm kinda sucking with the Boltok compared to the beta times though :( I have to get back in shape.

Lunchbox

Banned
U2NUMB said:
Damn it Best Buy.. why do you give me two mechanic Baird codes.. this will tear my friendships apart as they fight for it.
i have an extra code for battlefield 1943 xbla, already have the game

trade? its worth like 15$

I had an extra code too so i had a little contest. whoever had the most points at the end of our last private match on friday got the code. no playing favorites

CyReN

ConradCervantes said:
Hehe. Snagged the regular copy for $18. When it gets here I'm going to take it into Gamestop and return it with the receipt from the copy I bought on launch.

Haha damn.

LiK said:
Expertzone?

Basically..

ExpertZone is a little thing that Microsoft has re-re-restarted that offers incentives to retail employees who are looking to learn more about Microsoft's products in exchange for some cool rewards. What you do is take online courses and quizzes for Points, and in the Rewards Section you redeem these Points for prizes. What kind of prizes? Prizes such as brand new XBox 360 games for as low as $10. Pack-ins included (such as big buttons with Scene It and mics with Lips). ExpertZone is only available to employees of certain retail companies (Blockbuster Video, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc etc). When you sign up they ask for your company so you'll see it on the list of approved places.

CyReN

LiK said:
So I can sign up and lie or they actually check?

I don't know if they check, but you need a paystub if you want their rewards. I think they are out of the Gears 3 stuff right now also.

daffy

Banned
-PXG- said:
Getting back into the dating scene...gonna have adverse effects on my game. Derp mode activating...No wonder I've been playing like shit this morning.
HEy! You have a girlfriend sir! what up with that..

LiK

CyReN said:
I don't know if they check, but you need a paystub if you want their rewards. I think they are out of the Gears 3 stuff right now also.
Ah ok, damn, I dunno anyone who works in retail. Boo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom