• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
StalkerUKCG said:
Try 500

Tai Single player story DLC? PLEASE!

That.

Is disgusting.

Given that I rage-quit in this game 100x more than any other, that would actually take me an eternity.

THANKS FOR RUINING MY DAY, MATE.

loveyouuuuu

-PXG-

Someone else can do customs. I'm gonna start hosting Thursday all the way through Sunday. So don't worry...there will be mad customs going on.

FStop7

Banned
I am looking for some people to do Horde/Beast with tonight (I am on the west coast). Preferably laid back people.

My GT is Racelap

LosDaddie

Banned
MjFrancis said:
If I come on tonight, I'll play on HARDCORE to make things go quicker. How much farther did you guys get after the gunkers at the stadium entrance?

K' Dash said:
Yeah, it was fun, sorry about not talking too much, I'm using headphones (could barely hear you) and talking thru my kinect, I didn't know MjFrances and MiguelAngelo are gaffers, I'll send them a friend request
3AQmK.gif

Getting ready to jump on in about 15min. Let's do this.

Anybody else want to join in for some co-op Campaign? My GT is the same as here, or post if you want to join.

malfcn said:
I need a team. And when are the servers back up? I juts got downed and slid across the level.

So, to clarify, it's not just me; the servers have been somewhat sporadic since launch, yes?

I'll let it slide, seeing as when they're up, the performance is so good, you may as well be playing system-link.

I really wish I could choose a specific chapter in co-op. I hate having to jump in and out looking for a game near my current point. Create a game and no one seems to join.

mik83kuu

Banned
Been loving the MP since the day I got my copy :) People who hate the sawed-off need to learn patience and flanking tactics. U mad ?

LosDaddie

Banned
Alright, K-Dash and I are looking for 1 or 2 more co-op players for near the end of Act 1. We're going to play for about ~1hr...

GT: LosDaddie

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Gr1mLock said:
Aside from teleporting in game is there a way to tell if the dedicated servers are down?
Whenever my kill/death is less than 1, the servers are down.

Gr1mLock said:
Aside from teleporting in game is there a way to tell if the dedicated servers are down?
I don't know 100% for certain, but for ranked, paying attention to the dialogue that's being spit out while searching for matches has given me some idea.

I always seem to be put in PvP when it's checking quality for 20 matches. If it's checking the quality for fewer, those lobbies appear to be on dedis. Servers are absolutely down when it takes forever to put you in a ranked lobby.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
how is everyone is progressing

I finally reached level 50. I've payed 122 games according to the stats page.

is that good or bad? I don't know

Amir0x

Banned
Jesus the shotgun needs a nerf, I tried to avoid using it in multiplayer because it was laming up the experience but the score difference is so dramatic the second you re-implement it into your game that it's essentially a no-lose. Least balanced multiplayer experience in years.

Definitely won't be playing this for long until that's nerfed.

D4Danger said:
how is everyone is progressing

I finally reached level 50. I've payed 122 games according to the stats page.

is that good or bad? I don't know
I think I'm level 30 but I haven't played since Saturday

leng jai

Has a dev ever changed the cheevos before? Seriously 3.0 is beyond ridiculous. Getting to level 100 is an achievement in itself.

kiryani

When did you start playing Gears of War, and with what game?
Gears of War, day 1

Of the games you've played, what is your favorite Gears of War campaign?
Gears of War 3 , so far. I haven't really had time to play campaign too much so can't thoroughly comment

Who is your favorite member of Delta Squad?
Marcus

Favorite character period?
B.Carmine!

Gears of War 3 Multiplayer skin of choice?
B.Carmine

Weapon of choice?
Lancer

Favorite execution?
Lancer unlocked exucution

Favorite multiplayer playlist?
Team deathmatch.

Top 5 favorite competitive multiplayer maps (including DLC)?
Canals
Gridlock
Helipad
Jacinto
Mansion

Favorite Horde Mode Map?
Arcade (?) Gears 2

Thoughts about the Sawed-Off Shotty in Gears of War 3
Takes possibly the best multiplayer game of the gen and makes a mockery of it.

-PXG-

Amir0x said:
Jesus the shotgun needs a nerf, I tried to avoid using it in multiplayer because it was laming up the experience but the score difference is so dramatic the second you re-implement it into your game that it's essentially a no-lose. Least balanced multiplayer experience in years.

Definitely won't be playing this for long until that's nerfed.

If you're talking about the Gnasher, get the fuck outta here. If it's the SOS, join the club.

Lima

leng jai said:
Has a dev ever changed the cheevos before? Seriously 3.0 is beyond ridiculous. Getting to level 100 is an achievement in itself.

Yes. Redlynx has done it with the marathon achievement on Trials HD.

Don't count on epic doing something about this though. They upped the requirements for onyx because the ones from the beta were a joke.

Anyways I just had the most awesome public horde match. We were playing on Mercy and made it through all 50 waves in that one sitting that lasted almost 3 hours. We started out with 5 people but after wave 30 we had lost two of them.

Shit was crazy at times. Guys were really good communicating and stuff and we always made sure that my silverback was fully repaired.

And PXG damn I wanna play with you but something was just wrong with the connection. I couldn't even join your party chat.

Amir0x

Banned
-PXG- said:
If you're talking about the Gnasher, get the fuck outta here. If it's the SOS, join the club.

I'm talking about both of them. They're essentially indisputably overpowered. I spent an entire match where almost every kill and death was from one of the shotgun, almost every one. When I notched off because of how lame it was, my score and performance immediately dropped the next round compared to people who just rolled under my fire and one shot killed me, so reverting to my shotgun was the only option second to constantly retreating, which isn't going to happen in most of the round set ups.

Just sorry balance testing

JB1981

Amir0x said:
I'm talking about both of them. They're essentially indisputably overpowered. I spent an entire match where almost every kill and death was from one of the shotgun, almost every one. When I notched off because of how lame it was, my score and performance immediately dropped the next round compared to people who just rolled under my fire and one shot killed me, so reverting to my shotgun was the only option second to constantly retreating, which isn't going to happen in most of the round set ups.

Is this your first time playing Gears multiplayer?

Amir0x

Banned
JB1981 said:
Is this your first time playing Gears multiplayer?

No. It's my third time. The seconds multiplayer was not nearly shotgun heavy; this is closer to the first's unbalanced mayhem.

Regardless, saying "is this your first time?" is not an argument in defense of the shittastic balance as it stands, it's just a confirmation of it.

malfcn

the Vengence (or whatever medal) is terrible. You have to get killed 5 times in a row by the same person, and then execute them? I have yet to get 1. Let alone the 500 or whatever for Onyx.

Giard

Finished the campaign, on hardcore. Loved it, by far the best of the franchise IMO.
I thought the final boss was, however, the easiest (by a lot) and most disappointing in the series.

JB1981

Amir0x said:
No. It's my third time. The seconds multiplayer was not nearly shotgun heavy; this is closer to the first's unbalanced mayhem.

Regardless, saying "is this your first time?" is not an argument in defense of the shittastic balance as it stands, it's just a confirmation of it.
This is the least shotgun-heavy gears has ever been. Ever.

Ramirez

Amir0x said:

The rifles are just as powerful as the shotguns in this game, definitely has the best balance of rifles to shotguns out of the entire series, IMO. The SOS just ruins CQC though, terrible decision.

Lima

malfcn said:
the Vengence (or whatever medal) is terrible. You have to get killed 5 times in a row by the same person, and then execute them? I have yet to get 1. Let alone the 500 or whatever for Onyx.

500 for onyx

Easily done with a second controller and killing yourself. Your K/D ratio will turn to shit while doing it though.

whitehawk

Banned
Amir0x said:

Nuh, uh. SOS range needs to be lowered a bit, but thats it.

Amir0x

Banned
JB1981 said:
This is the least shotgun-heavy gears has ever been. Ever.

This is incorrect and I don't even know how you've begin to make that argument.

This is the first Gears game I've ever played where almost every round every kill came from shotgun; even the first didn't achieve that feat.

The shotgun balance is absurd, sorry. Shitty players must use it to cover their shitty skills, and all most follow their shittiness to stand ground

whitehawk

Banned
Amir0x said:

This is the first Gears game I've ever played where almost every round every kill came from shotgun; even the first didn't achieve that feat.

The shotgun balance is absurd, sorry. Shitty players must use it to cover their shitty skills, and all most follow their shittiness to stand ground
I get about half my kills with the SOS, and half with the lancer.

meh. Shotguns are more fun anyway.

Fallacy

Neo Member
Amir0x said:

haha dude are you serious? you obviously only played vanilla gears 2 because that game is 10 times more shotgun based than gears 3

Is XBL down for anyone else? Might just be my dorms shitty connection being dropped.

And Gears MP has always been shotgun centered. If you don't like it go play something else.

Amir0x

Banned
whitehawk said:
I get about half my kills with the SOS, and half with the lancer.

meh. Shotguns are more fun anyway.

I don't think so. They mostly remove the only thing that separates Gears from the pack (at least, until everyone started copying them) - cover system picking. With Shotguns the emphasis is charging in to get close, removing the necessity of cover 9/10 times. Yes, all the Gears games leaned shotguns, but this game is just a mess. Nobody wants to use anything but a shotgun. In high rank rooms, it's a bloody massacre. Everyone rolling and coming out with a shot. It's too easy and lacks any real requirement of skill, and shatters cover balance. Let me emphasize this: it's too easy FOR ME too. I'm not complaining because I'm losing, I'm complaining because it's stripping all the fun and skill from the game. It's too mouthbreathingly dumb right now

Getting inside is so simple most of the time that even if you make tense to get a lancer use, unless you're defending some stronghold, you'll rarely have time to make any real meaningful use of it before you have to resort back to shotguns.

If you made a ratio of kills, shotguns are going to be so massively ahead of the pack that it'll insane. And I bet if you compared it to the ratio in Gears 1 and 2, Gears 3 will be markedly ahead by a few months.

JB1981

Amir0x said:

I'm going to bed but if is obvious that you have never spent an appreciable amount of time playing gears multi. You are talking out of your ass

Lingitiz

MCXC Pioneer said:
Is XBL down for anyone else? Might just be my dorms shitty connection being dropped.

And Gears MP has always been shotgun centered. If you don't like it go play something else.
Exactly. Removing the Gnasher would be like taking out the DMR/BR in Halo. Newer players are instantly turned off because they think its unbalanced, but its just that skilled players have total mastery over it after using them for such a long time. The Retro is a decent midrange alternative for CQC, but a player using it exclusively will never be able to hang with a skiller Gnasher user.

Oh and btw, rifles are infinitely more useful than they have ever been in the series, especially with the addition of the Retro. The bullet lag in the first two games made downing opponents pretty difficult, and even then they didn't dish out enough damage to even make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom