• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
Getting ready to hop online for some co-op campaign in about 20min. Anybody want to join K Dash, MjFrancis and I?

Let me know. My GT is the same as here.

junkster said:
lol didnt see your post.. Me me me!
Sorry dude, I've already gotten a party of 5 people faster than I thought I would ;)

So I did Beast mode on insane a second time without restarting any wave and I finally got my Savage Theron Guard and my first Onyx medal. Feels good :)

Papercuts said:
Gunkers on Insane are ridiculous, holy crap.
Man, jumping from the zipline and landing infront of the Gunker on insane was frustrating as all hell. You couldn't even get behind cover after landing before it would oneshot you. Had to redo that section 10 times in arcade with 2 of my friends till one of us finally got to a spot behind cover that would let the rest of us respawn.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ZekeThePlumber said:
Man, jumping from the zipline and landing infront of the Gunker on insane was frustrating as all hell. You couldn't even get behind cover after landing before it would oneshot you. Had to redo that section 10 times in arcade with 2 of my friends till one of us finally got to a spot behind cover that would let the rest of us respawn.

Oh fuck. I'm only just now at the Stadium, haha.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I was on fire tonight. On a game of TDM Drydock my team got annihilated, guys just running out, getting no kills and just getting destroyed by the other team. I get a few kills but eventually it gets to just me and my mate with no respawns and the other team has 5 respawns left.

We hold out at one of the spawn points and just dig in, guys are coming from both sides but somehow we manage to hold them off and win the game! I ended the round with 14 kills and my mate got 4, no one else on our team got kills. Not really sure how that adds up, but it was fucking awesome.

Wizman23

Banned
Don't know if this has been covered but how come no medals show up when playing horde solo? Also I only have tried arcade campaign mode solo do medals pop up when playing with others?

Qwy0W.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
HawksWinStanley said:
wtf is this thread doing at the bottom of the 2nd page?

Anyway, does anyone know what the secret achievement is?

Don't disturb any of the ash people in act 4.

Papercuts said:
Don't disturb any of the ash people in act 4.

lol figures

When I first played through the campaign with my buddies I was walking ahead and avoiding all of them just for the hell of it. Then a few minutes later I turned around and saw my friends plowing through all of them.

Apdiddy

Volimar said:
Wherein Marcus broods about crapping his pants.

I seriously LOLed when I saw the picture and look on Marcus' face as he looks up from a futuristic metal ipad device: "What the f*ck you looking at? Can't a guy shit in peace?"

Willeth

Hm. My war journal is showing me as level 46 but the lobby says 45. I got the popups for the Hoffman unlock as 46/50 after we finished a 4P Arcade Insane chapter, too. Is this a known bug?

2th

Banned
Finally got to play as the beserker in Beast today. That shit was fun as hell. You absolutely decimate EVERYTHING. I went from being last in points (i like whoring the naked ticker to get points on destructions plus its nice to clear paths for your team), to second place in total in all of 2 rounds. Prescott never stood a chance :)

Loam

Volimar said:
Does anyone know if the AI tries to avoid them? Otherwise it's gonna be a while before i get this.

I don't believe it counts against you if the AI hits them.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Volimar said:
Does anyone know if the AI tries to avoid them? Otherwise it's gonna be a while before i get this.

It's really easy. The AI breaking any of them won't affect the achievement and it's not likely to shoot any anyway. Just throw it on casual and do a quick run, only takes about 6 minutes. The only part you need to worry about is when a group of polyps come out, which you should let the AI kill.

Kajiba

Played CTL on old town early today. The other team had our leader near the boat spawning area only to have three of our guys spawn on top of him... and he was the leader too lol. After we took care of two of the guys we capture the leader right away. They spawn on the other side.

Man, I know that guy was fucking pissed.

Beside the quiters I find the Horde community a pretty cool bunch. I've probably put about 20+ hours into Horde with randoms and people always go out of their way to revive you. Never an issue with the peeps I've played with.
I'm up to level 6 in turrets. When are these things finally useful? I feel like they are nothing more than an alarm and ticker killer.

CitizenCope said:
Beside the quiters I find the Horde community a pretty cool bunch. I've probably put about 20+ hours into Horde with randoms and people always go out of their way to revive you. Never an issue with the peeps I've played with.
I'm up to level 6 in turrets. When are these things finally useful? I feel like they are nothing more than an alarm and ticker killer.
I take it as a personal challenge to get to a downed teammate, even if he's way across the map. It pisses me off when I go through hell to get you up, only to get downed myself and watch you run away and leave me hanging, lol. For the most part people have been good though.
I've yet to get past level 30 though; I need a good team that communicates and is willing to play smart. Some seem to save their money for the silverback and forget everything else.

TheExodu5

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks that this game looks legitimately awful? All I see are jaggies and brown. I went back and played some Reach tonight and think it looks so much better. I'm really surprised I'm saying that.

TheExodu5 said:
Am I the only one that thinks that this game looks legitimately awful? All I see are jaggies and brown. I went back and played some Reach tonight and think it looks so much better. I'm really surprised I'm saying that.

Yes.

But seriously I'm not seeing all of these jaggies. I don't know if that means my tv sucks or what but this game looks fantastic to me.

Poker360

TheExodu5 said:

Your xbox must be broke, or your tv.

Fallacy

Neo Member
TheExodu5 said:
Pretty much, I think it looks great. The skyboxes in reach are better but I think the foliage and whatnot is better in gears.

leng jai

Gears 3 looks unbelievably good and this is coming from a guy whose been playing maxed out PC games for the last 6 months.

Jaggies are definitely there but the color scheme is in no way brown only/

Just finished it on Hardcore. Last boss wasn't as hard as some of you made it out to be. Only died once during the fight. Decent campaign and goddamn is Act V pretty as hell. I hope we get a ton of MP maps from that segment.

TheExodu5

Banned
_dementia said:
This game is the best looking 360 game.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, TheExodu5.

Also,
play Act IV

Yeah, well I guess I should have prefaced that I'm still in Act 1. Played through all of Act 1 on the weekend with a friend, and forgot that my save was on his machine and had to start over tonight.

It doesn't help that the firefights have been incredibly shallow and boring so far. I don't have much drive to keep playing, though I'm sure things must improve as the game progresses.

Proelite said:
Gears 3 has as much color as uc2.

gears-of-war-3-20110915092242233.jpg

uncharted-2-whoa-51.png

(still nasty aliasing in both)

TheExodu5 said:
Maybe you need to adjust some settings? Turn sharpness down to 0 for instance? High sharpness settings can amplify jaggies sometimes.
Otherwise, no, I don't agree about the graphics. The lighting is godly at times.

leng jai

TheExodu5 said:
Yeah, well I guess I should have prefaced that I'm still in Act 1. Played through all of Act 1 on the weekend with a friend, and forgot that my save was on his machine and had to start over tonight.

It doesn't help that the firefights have been incredibly shallow and boring so far. I don't have much drive to keep playing, though I'm sure things must improve as the game progresses.

Theres your problem. Act 1 is pretty underwhelming and quite brown. Its not indicative of the rest of the campaign.

Haven't you been playing multiplayer? Sandbar looks nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom