• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

Just got in a match and yah, getting blown away by kiddies, and my character can't do a thing about it.

Papercuts said:
I hope they just add a message saying if the servers are up or not so I know if I should even bother. There's some Gears 2 shit when they're down, and it's UNBEARABLE with the sawn off in action.

Seriously. I can play other games if the servers are down.

done...Done...DONE. Unplayable right now. I will be *behind* someone and their SOS kills me.

Firestorm

Final boss fight glitched on me.
My friends and I took a break from frustration the first time due to all the enemy spawns / screechers while the queen attacks Adam's structure. It was extremely annoying. We were on Hardcore. The next day we went back to play and nothing spawned during the fight and we were done pretty quick.

complaints:
The game explained absolutely nothing at the end ._. I thought maybe there'd be something after the credits but nope. Not at all. I'm not sure why outside the game Epic tries so hard to position Gears as a game that takes its world and stories seriously than in-game they give us this mess. Stay consistent in your messaging!

Firestorm said:
My friends and I took a break from frustration the first time due to all the enemy spawns / screechers while the queen attacks Adam's structure. It was extremely annoying. We were on Hardcore. The next day we went back to play and nothing spawned during the fight and we were done pretty quick.

Spoiler the rest of that shit.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Servers Had to be down tonight.
went full red from 1 burst of a gnasher. Guy was at Staircase and i was standing behind the oneshot.

Utter
Bullshit

AcciDante

Firestorm said:
The same thing happened to my friend and I on insane tonight! No therons! So happy to be done with that awful mess of a fight.

AcciDante said:
The same thing happened to my friend and I on insane tonight! No therons! So happy to be done with that awful mess of a fight.

It's like you glitched and got the intended encounter before one of the junior programmers fucked it up.

malfcn

dmg04 said:
Servers Had to be down tonight.
went full red from 1 burst of a gnasher. Guy was at Staircase and i was standing behind the oneshot.

Utter
Bullshit

I love running up stairs three times in a row too! :)

Arjen

Did a horde run from 1 to 50 last night.
In 50 we got zerkers, which we failed, got zerkers 3 more times after that, came close but failed. It was getting late and all of wanted to get some sleep, but we wanted to nail that last wave. Then we got Gunkers, it was tough and we came pretty far, when a gunker killed 3 of us in one blow. Only one guy left with 4 Gunkers. He managed to kill them al. man we were going crazy when he got that last one, one of the most awesome gaming moments ever.

-PXG-

-Yeti said:
So, I finally got into a match with some Gaffers only to have PXG leave us to join Ballistik. :( Our team ended up losing the first match, and the second match the party was split.

I hope I can get some decent games with you Gaffers in the future :lol.
I went to check his message and joined prematurely. I left by accident. Plus we live in different time zones. We usually only get to play late at night.

Anyway jackass over here sand bags the whole match and then turns on beast mode, thus denying me precious MVP ribbons. Motherfucker...

I'm Level 72. Jambi...Hold onto yer butt.

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
I went to check his message and joined prematurely. I left by accident. Plus we live in different time zones. We usually only get to play late at night.

Anyway jackass over here sand bags the whole match and then turns on beast mode, thus denying me precious MVP ribbons. Motherfucker...

I like to tease you ;)

Raxus

I felt bad being the only person in the room providing support (full time). I lancered down a bunch of SOSers though and the matches went very smoothly. Guess I left on a high note.

-PXG- said:

No worries. It just kinda baffled me that you left without saying anything. Now I know why. ;)

malfcn

PXG, what is the trick to getting a host connection? Because it's Gears 2 for me. I am slipping and sliding all over the place and there is always one guy that soaks up bullets and bodies people like nothing. It is getting tiring fast.

-PXG-

I've only gotten host once in Quick Match. Honesty it depends on the quality of you connection. Down, up, ping and NAT. Manually open the Xbox Live specific ports on your router and you should see a significant difference in performance.

Of course reducing traffic on your home network will help too.

I've only had one laggy match. It was horde and the host lived far away and some third world ghetto ass connection. Other than that, Gears 3 online has been flawless.

Ballistik

-Yeti said:
So, I finally got into a match with some Gaffers only to have PXG leave us to join Ballistik. :( Our team ended up losing the first match, and the second match the party was split.

I hope I can get some decent games with you Gaffers in the future :lol.
I'll invite you if i see you online. I've had you on my friends list since like the Halo Reach Beta thread huh?

Kajiba

-PXG- said:

Damn.... I just hit 41. You putting in that work.

Ballistik said:
I'll invite you if i see you online. I've had you on my friends list since like the Halo Reach Beta thread huh?

Cool thanks. :) And yeah, I think that's how long it's been haha. Can't really recall when I added you.

Also, Disclaimer: I'm pretty average at this game.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
PXG why did you remove me from a game last night? I was with a friend and joined yours but was still in party chat with him. Didn't get a chance to switch over and you just dropped me?

-PXG- said:
Gears GAF official motto:

Oh shit! Yo head's gone.

It's just so perfect. Any variant of the line works, really.

Break an enemy hill and cap it? "Oh shit! Ya hill's gone."
Steal a kill? "Oh shit! Ya kill's gone."
Dedicated servers working? "Oh shit! The broken's gone."

JambiBum

-PXG- said:

Almost 75. Got my superstar Cole tonight. No longer care about other characters.

Robot Pants

Well, finally beat the last boss on Insane by myself. It's really easy when you just hide behind the elevator cradle. Finished on my first try with that method. I still think trying to do it the "right" way by yourself is impossible.
And, PXG now that I've finished this crap, I'll accept those invites one day :)

Dan Yo

Banned
so savage theron is supposed to unlock if you beat beast on insane? Or do you actually have to go back and beat it on hardcore, normal, and casual as well? Because I didn't get anything for beating it on insane.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ofcourse there is campaign dlc it even says on the campaign menu campaign dlc coming soon....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DM_Uselink said:
I wanted to share a drawing I just finished for a Gears of War 3 contest. Hope you guys like it.

uy6dZ.jpg

If you want to see a larger image go here bigger

Awesome stuff! Love the fiery mood to it.

Not wanting to incite a war here, but do you think Cliffy is reclining somewhere, quietly chuckling at the apparent cluster-fuckery of the Battlefield 3 beta?

5 MONTHS PRIOR TO RELEASE AND AS SILKY AS RETAIL. THAT'S HOW YOU DO A BETA, SON.

Dan Yo said:
so savage theron is supposed to unlock if you beat beast on insane? Or do you actually have to go back and beat it on hardcore, normal, and casual as well? Because I didn't get anything for beating it on insane.
You have to beat it without failing a wave.

nel e nel

Dan Yo said:

Same thing happened to me. And YES - we beat it without failing, and I was the only one in our group of 5 that DID NOT receive credit for it.

Kydd BlaZe

mickcenary said:
Not wanting to incite a war here, but do you think Cliffy is reclining somewhere, quietly chuckling at the apparent cluster-fuckery of the Battlefield 3 beta?

5 MONTHS PRIOR TO RELEASE AND AS SILKY AS RETAIL. THAT'S HOW YOU DO A BETA, SON.
Yeah, the Bad Company 3 beta (yes, you read that right) is all kinds of terribad. Killed any hype I had for the game. It sucks because I'm a huge fan of the BF series, but this beta is just a mess.

LosDaddie

Banned
Thanks for joining me last night, K Dash, MjFrancis and see5harp! :)

I'm really enjoying the campaign. I love how the Locust pop out of the ground in a cloud of smoke.

sajj316

Christ people .. level 60-90 at this point is just insane. Good stuff! Are there decent advantages to leveling up that high or is just good window dressing?

K' Dash

I'm proud to say I'm level 17, playing 2 and a half hours every night between campaign and horde.

This is the first time since Gears 1 I'm playing online multi regularly, enjoying myself quite a bit
3AQmK.gif

After tuesday I'm gonna have to split my time between this and Dark Souls, so... Slow but sure I'm gonna make it to level 100.

LosDaddie said:
Thanks for joining me last night, K Dash, MjFrancis and see5harp! :)

I'm really enjoying the campaign. I love how the Locust pop out of the ground in a cloud of smoke.

Hey it was a great one, wasn't it?, my english is not that great tough, sorry for that :p but as I said before the campaign is so much better co-op, can't wait to get to chapter three and see you jaw drop, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom