• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a couple of hours of MP last night and got up to level 22. I, too, am beginning to hate the SOS. I'd say that 60% of the people I was playing against last night in KOTH were using it and abusing it and it got super annoying. Still have barely touched the campaign (only finished Act 1) and have only played a round or two of Horde and a round of Beast. Really enjoying it all.

sajj316 said:
Christ people .. level 60-90 at this point is just insane. Good stuff! Are there decent advantages to leveling up that high or is just good window dressing?
I'm level 55, or perhaps I reached 56, and I haven't played all that much. The medals will give you a lot of XP, and getting 10+ kills each match in TDM will rank you up really fast.

There is no advantage at all in being level 100. You unlock character and weapon skins along the way and that's it.

-PXG-

He was bad, but the 80 on their team was beast. We got merced the first round. We had shit locked down for most of the second, but things fell apart when my teammates started going on their own. They got picked apart one by one.

Sandman42

I feels surreal to see like three or four opposing players running directly at you with the SOS. It's almost like a zombie mode or something. The other day I managed to down and kill three of them coming directly at me, with the Lancer. Then I got killed by a fourth SOS guy who blind-sided me.

I just find it funny really, it's like a zerg-rush!

mernst23

Shrug, I figure 100 will be achieved way before getting all the onyx medals just while working towards them, that being said I'm saving most of the versus medals for last and definately going to boost towards the tough ones like vengeful gradually instead of doing all the fun mp first and then hating my life because all I'm doing is playing with bots

Frester

So Danny 117 and I were supposed to trade MP skin codes, but he just took mine and never sent his. Not that big of a deal but a pretty dick move.

Kajiba

Frester said:
So Danny 117 and I were supposed to trade MP skin codes, but he just took mine and never sent his. Not that big of a deal but a pretty dick move.

Thats not cool. What skin was you trading for?

sajj316

Frester said:

That is a dick move .. call his ass out!

he's probably using an SOS, double dick

pr0cs

Frester said:
what's his gamertag, maybe some of us can send him a 'few' messages on XBL asking him to 'do the right thing'.?

Frester

He was trading his Mech Baird for my Savage Kantus. I don't know his gamertag and I don't really care that much, but it's just like, really?

Frester said:
He was trading his Mech Baird for my Savage Kantus. I don't know his gamertag and I don't really care that much, but it's just like, really?
Yeah, that's pretty fucked up man. Maybe PM a mod, see what they could do?

h3ro

Frester said:
Did he redeem the Kantus code already?

Grisby

DM_Uselink said:
I wanted to share a drawing I just finished for a Gears of War 3 contest. Hope you guys like it.

uy6dZ.jpg

If you want to see a larger image go here bigger

Got a new wallpaper. I wish I could draw. There'd be tons of Gears art and this is one of the best one's I've seen.

2th

Banned
Frester said:

cant that get him banned here? never really checked out the rules for trading among members.

-PXG-

adversesolutions said:
Got in a match right now with 5 very skilled players on the other team, and me alone with 4 bots.

What the fuck is that.

Bad luck.

It happened to some poor bastard last night. We felt bad for him.

see5harp

Getting an invite from PXG only to have him leave in the middle of a match to play with Ballistik is pretty fucking annoying. Not trying to start no shit but that shit foul man. At least finish your match.

sajj316

adversesolutions said:
Got in a match right now with 5 very skilled players on the other team, and me alone with 4 bots.

What the fuck is that.

Leave the game and find another match. No point going Rambo despite your skill level. The bots are useless against skilled players. Sometimes I'd rather not have them at all :)

sajj316

see5harp said:
Getting an invite from PXG only to have him leave in the middle of a match to play with Ballistik is pretty fucking annoying. Not trying to start no shit but that shit foul man. At least finish your match.

I see that PXG isn't following the Gears 3 battle cry .. "Brothers to the End" :)

In the words of Chris Carter .. "Come On Mannnnnnn"

K' Dash

see5harp said:

He said earlier that it was by mistake, yeah.

-PXG- said:
I went to check his message and joined prematurely. I left by accident. Plus we live in different time zones. We usually only get to play late at night.

-PXG-

see5harp said:

As I said before, he sent me a message. I went to check it and accidentally accepted the game invite instead of simply replying. It wasn't deliberate.

Plus, I never get MVP playing with him anyway. I could boost to get Superstar Cole, but I want to do that shit legit. Kantus....that's another story....No way I was gonna get 600 revives the long way. Hell no.

K' Dash

I need a motivated team to play horde this saturday morning, from 9am to 2pm EST, sick of playing with randoms, how the hell we're making a strategy without a fucking headset for comunication? GOD DAMN IT

FrankT

Just wrapped up the campaign. Incredible. Really couldn't have asked for much more out of this series over the years. It wrapped up nicely. Cringing at the thought of the final encounter on insane.

K' Dash said:
I need a motivated team to play horde this saturday morning, from 9am to 2pm EST, sick of playing with randoms, how the hell we're making a strategy without a fucking headset for comunication? GOD DAMN IT
My family is away this weekend so I will be available to do this! I still need the achievement and I have a headset.

GT= Zyzomys

Has anyone played co-op on a 4gb Slim with (or without) a USB flash drive? Does it work? Just wondering if it suffers the same problem as Halo Reach in this regard.

K' Dash

~ Zyzomys ~ said:
My family is away this weekend so I will be available to do this! I still need the achievement and I have a headset.

GT= Zyzomys

Just sent you a friend request, I'm online on weekdays from 9pm to 12am EST, I'm currently playing the campaign co-op with LosDaddie from 9 to 10:30 EST, if you want to join us, you're most welcome, after a little campaign I play horde with randoms, but I'd like to play with gaffers.

On weekends I'm free from 9am EST to 2pm EST, if you have some people to play horde with and they have a mic it would be awesome, most gaffers I have on my friend list only play competitive...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Frester said:
That's fucked up. Quit being a dick, Dannyboy and own up.

I'm currently in chapter 3 and It's very nice to notice the changes the game has when compared to the first installment of the series, graphically and mechanically wise.

One thing I'm not getting is: in Gears 2 we foung this new type of locust, powered by emulsion. They began to rebel against the stantard ones and now they are the main foe?
No more standard type locusts?

Two years have passed in game from Jacinto and every character seems to have accepted this, I found it a little bit odd. Do I have to expect the same abysmal quality level of writing as in Gears 2?

Dom attending vegetables is so cute, fuck Maria :3

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Alessandro said:
I'm currently in chapter 3 and It's very nice to notice the changes the game has when compared to the first installment of the series, graphically and mechanically wise.

One thing I'm not getting is: in Gears 2 we foung this new type of locust, powered by emulsion. They began to rebel against the stantard ones and now they are the main foe?

Two years have passed in game from Jacinto and every character seems to have accepted this, I found it a little bit odd. Do I have to expect the same abysmal quality level of writing as in Gears 2?

Keep playing.

Grisby

Alessandro said:

On the locust issue, keep playing. But yeah, the team mostly accepts it. The books cover a lot of detail about the lambent and how the COG's ended up where they are on that big ship.

Does that suck? Yeah, but I don't know how they could have fit it into the game. There's a previously on gears thingy in the main menu that lightly glosses over the stuff.

Alessandro said:

Well technically the lambent Locusts have been around since Gears 1. Remember the lambent Wretches?

HawksWinStanley said:
Well technically the lambent Locusts have been around since Gears 1. Remember the lambent Wretches?
How could I forget?

*chainsaw rev*

*insta-gib*

Me and my co-op buddy were laughing for a good while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom