• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played every chapter on 4-player coop except for the Prologue, and I kinda want to get this achievement over with...

Anyone want to join up to get this? My XBL: CloudOneX

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it on the very first random coop game I joined on Insane, what great timing! There were already 3 other people joined in and waiting for a 4th (me) to join so they could all get the achievement.

Thank you for the Longshot advice Raxus, sajj316, Gr1mLock. :) Let's put those tips into practice.

PS: Don't give in to the dark side of SOS, dudes.

KaYotiX

Banned
K2Valor said:
Just was dominating in a match with the retro lancer and got a message that said, " didnt know u had a shotgun that whole time. just wait for the Retro nerf..."

I just replied.

" u mad? "
I love destroying shotgun rushers with the retro :)

I'm really getting into a groove with gears 3, I never could get anything going consistently in the first 2. Loving the hell out of the game!!!

Jeez, what's wrong with people playing co-op? They constatly skip cutscene FFS!

I tried to start a public campaign, 20 minutes later I was still playing with cpus.
Fuck Epic and them achievements :\

foreveralone.jpg

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Had some stupid little fucking kid message me when we beat him saying "you're getting hacked". Beat them next game and my friend got a similar message. Who, and why

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Was starting to think I was good at this game, then it kicked me out of the casual playlist.

Life sucks.

mernst23

Was playing gridlock last night on tdm, btw i love sticking people in the chest with the digger, and the last guy ran up the side stairs and camped in the tower, went a picked up the longshot, 1 shot, 1 headshot, feels good man. The sniping in gears 2 was soooooo bad unless you were host. At least in gears 1 i could manage to shoot people in the head whenever i had a clear look.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanna say right now that people who just wanna put in 10 levels of Horde and then leave should all have their gentialia removed with a rusty garden tool. I fucking hate that. And I fucking hate that Epic didn't bring out Social Horde in the first place.

LosDaddie

Banned
thuway said:
I completely agree. The story in Gears 3 never really hit me anywhere and I feel like most critics have hyped it to the moon. It's a good game, just not that perfect killer 10 out of 10.

As a single player game I find Resistance 3 far more interesting. However, the multi in Gears is pretty fantastic.

With that said - Uncharted MP / SP >>>>>>>>>>> Gears 3 MP/SP.

thuway said:
So GAF, I just wanted to say- fuck the critics.

This game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gears 3.

I like the path you're on there, Junior.

Hixx

Acidote said:
Am I the only one who is finding sniping without scope infinitely easier than with it?

No same here. The scope only ever really becomes useful at extreme ranges which I don't have a problem with tbh.

sajj316

I'm convinced that the only way to fight SOS in a map like Trench is to use the SOS. I told myself that I wouldn't do use the SOS but I just couldn't take it anymore. I can't take it anymore guys. I felt cheap and dirty after the match but we won and I proved a huge point with the douches last night. Anyone with Gnasher skills will own with the SOS, they just choose not to. 3 times in the match, I took out 2 people with one shot. I've never done that in a Gears game, even with a Boom. Retro Lancer does the job if fighting 1-on-1 or even 2-on-1. Won't help you out on 3-on-1 or even 4-on-1 fights.

Just when you thought you've heard everything, I get a message after the game by a player that USED a SOS the whole damn game, "you're a cheap b*tch". I replied with, "start using the Gnasher and so will I, douche".

K' Dash

LosDaddie said:
The
Lambent Berserker
at the end of Act 2 is a real bitch.

Thanks for helping me take it down last night, K Dash and see5harp! :)

Man, that was fucking intense and fun, that bitch pwned us good, I played some Horde with Zyzomis and friends and it was amazing, good times, you'll have to join us.

K2Valor said:
Just was dominating in a match with the retro lancer and got a message that said, " didnt know u had a shotgun that whole time. just wait for the Retro nerf..."

I just replied.

" u mad? "

If they nerf the retro any more it'll be useless.

Moofers

Vilix said:
Just wanna say right now that people who just wanna put in 10 levels of Horde and then leave should all have their gentialia removed with a rusty garden tool. I fucking hate that. And I fucking hate that Epic didn't bring out Social Horde in the first place.

Word. I'm in it for the long haul most of the time. I've only made it to wave 50 ONCE and that wasn't even with a full team (only 3 of us). I would so love to know what it feels like to take on 50 with a full team of serious players.

mbmonk

I like the trend that the SOS is setting for the genre.

It's a gun that you basically don't have to aim to get a kill with in a first person SHOOTER. All the complainers are stuck in the past. FPS's where you don't have to aim is where the future market is. You act like aiming is a core component of the genre; you foolish, whining brats. Adjust to the future of FPS's. Maybe they can port it to the Wii to expand the audiences. :)

On a more serious note, I decided to use the SOS.. man I felt dirty as hell while using it. I suck at the game. So I am probably the target audience for the gun, but it just doesn't give me any satisfaction when I get a kill with it.

I am going to polish off Ico on the PS3 this weekend and hopefully I will be back to Gears on Sunday. So much to play so little time...

Moofers

I'm an SOS believer now......for Horde mode. Horde is about all I ever plan on playing anymore, and after hearing the GiantBomb guys talk about it, I decided to give the SOS a try. Man, an active reload SOS will one-shot just about everything aside from a boss or armored kantus. 30+ waves in last night and it was still working on Boomers/Maulers/Grinders. Had to be right up next to the bastards, but it really works. Nice.

TRios Zen

According to Major Nelson, Black Ops still holds the top spot for most played on live

We need to right that wrong and put Gears 3 on top!

@thuway - take your system/game wars BS out of this thread - we don't need that stuff in here.

Grisby

Raxus said:
A 2k point loss and a mark on your stats.

Oh man, I just checked and have 16. When is the right time to quit? I don't ever play ranked, just TDM and KOH. I always leave when the countdown starts for the next match.

K2Valor said:

I just replied.

" u mad? "

Hehe, last weekend some guy sent me a message.

"sawed off nub"

"u mad?"

"yeah nub kinda"

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Moofers said:
I'm an SOS believer now......for Horde mode. Horde is about all I ever plan on playing anymore, and after hearing the GiantBomb guys talk about it, I decided to give the SOS a try. Man, an active reload SOS will one-shot just about everything aside from a boss or armored kantus. 30+ waves in last night and it was still working on Boomers/Maulers/Grinders. Had to be right up next to the bastards, but it really works. Nice.

Good to know. Point blank range though, right?

Kajiba

I'm enjoying ranked tdm more than quick match tdm for some reason. I also tried to play warzone the other day and didn't enjoy it one bit. I blame tdm lol

Gonna play that playlist here and there at times though.

Grisby

Grisby said:
Oh man, I just checked and have 16. When is the right time to quit? I don't ever play ranked, just TDM and KOH. I always leave when the countdown starts for the next match.

Anybody? Was a bit curious about this.

Lima

One thing that bothered me with arcade mode were the cutscenes. I mean chances playing through this mode are that you have already completed the campaign.

So arcade mode without cutscenes = win

TRios Zen

Lima said:
One thing that bothered me with arcade mode were the cutscenes. I mean chances playing through this mode are that you have already completed the campaign.

So arcade mode without cutscenes = win

I hear what you are saying - but at least you can skip them, with select. Most of them at least. Without would be preferable though, I agree.

TRios Zen said:
According to Major Nelson, Black Ops still holds the top spot for most played on live

We need to right that wrong and put Gears 3 on top!

@thuway - take your system/game wars BS out of this thread - we don't need that stuff in here.
Has Gears ever been more popular than COD on xbox live?
Grisby said:
Is it displayed in your stats when you leave a quick match? I don't think it should be oO

TRios Zen

vodka-bull said:

Maybe Gears 1 vs COD3, though honestly I don't remember. Gears 2 MP launch was so screwed that I don't think it ever was more popular especially as shortly after Gears 2 dropped, Modern Warfare 2 hit the scene.

But Gears 3 is worthy. Hell yeah.

K' Dash

mbmonk said:
I like the trend that the SOS is setting for the genre.

It's a gun that you basically don't have to aim to get a kill with in a first person SHOOTER. All the complainers are stuck in the past. FPS's where you don't have to aim is where the future market is. You act like aiming is a core component of the genre; you foolish, whining brats. Adjust to the future of FPS's. Maybe they can port it to the Wii to expand the audiences. :)

image.gif

Grisby

vodka-bull said:
Is it displayed in your stats when you leave a quick match? I don't think it should be oO

I don't remember. It just said ranked disconnects and I've never even touched ranked. Just player. When does everyone else here leave their matches?

Duress

Every time I'm near wave 30 on horde, everyone seems to bail on me. I don't know if I need to pay attention more but here I am covering one side and assume that others are covering the other. Then I'm taking out guys and a mauler comes up right behind me and bashes me. I die, I look for everyone else, they're on the other side. I guess I need to pay attention more.

snack

Grisby said:
I don't remember. It just said ranked disconnects and I've never even touched ranked. Just player. When does everyone else here leave their matches?
It's a glitch apparently. Whenever the host migrates, it happens.

Grisby said:
Quickmatches whenever I want. Ranked only once so far.

Ballistik

Gears of war 3 in the #2 spot? Boo! Maybe we'll see the numbers grow this week. Also, Halo NOT in the top 3?!

Pretty shocking to see Gears 2 still anywhere on that list. Most of the hardcore players left it.. Who's playing it!?!

Ballistik said:
Pretty shocking to see Gears 2 still anywhere on that list. Most of the hardcore players left it.. Who's playing it!?!
Most of the hardcore players didn't even play it after the first week in the first place.

Anybody besides Danny 117 want to trade their character code for a Com Dom?

I know it's a long shot since there's little demand and a million of them out there but my buddy is looking to get rid of him for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom