• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

K' Dash

boredofcanada said:
I keep getting people backing out of a horde match on me. Anyone wanna co op and make 50 rounds?

GT: BLOODBATHNBYOND

Add me GT: K DashCR, I'm available from 9pm to 12pm EST weekdays and from 9pm to 2pm EST on weekends, I'm a team playah so I hope you got a mic
3AQmK.gif

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Duress said:
Every time I'm near wave 30 on horde, everyone seems to bail on me. I don't know if I need to pay attention more but here I am covering one side and assume that others are covering the other. Then I'm taking out guys and a mauler comes up right behind me and bashes me. I die, I look for everyone else, they're on the other side. I guess I need to pay attention more.

Yeah, you should stick with the group. On the other hand, I've seen groups of people who will hold up in one spot and totally to get massacred because they don't know what the hell they're doing.

Also, setting up, and covering, multiple bases in Horde is a good strategy on some waves.

I don't get all the SOS bitching. I find it easy enough to avoid. It's painfully obvious when someone's rolling up on you with it, and easy enough to avoid while weakening your aggressor. Also, CHECK YOUR CORNERS, understand the map and choke points.

The gun has four rounds and takes 30 minutes to reload, just avoid that one shot and you can easily take the guy down while he's stuck reloading.

Just replayed Act 3 the chapter in which you play as Bernie. I would insta-buy her as a downloadable charakter and I don't understand how epic could not include the best looking female charakter in the multiplayer. Also, peasant Dom should be added.

LosDaddie

Banned
K' Dash said:
Man, that was fucking intense and fun, that bitch pwned us good, I played some Horde with Zyzomis and friends and it was amazing, good times, you'll have to join us.

Good times. You going to be online tonight? Same time?

I have Zyz on my friends list from some Horde we did last week. So maybe we can do 1hr of campaign, then knockout 50 waves of Horde

vodka-bull said:
Just replayed Act 3 the chapter in which you play as Bernie. I would insta-buy her as a downloadable charakter and I don't understand how epic could not include the best looking female charakter in the multiplayer.
They will. She's confirmed for DLC.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
The Xtortionist said:
Happened to my group as well. Good thing we didn't need to activate anything.
Are you playing on insane?
We're trying to figure out a good way to get past the end of act 3. When the stalks come up, we always get overrun

K' Dash

LosDaddie said:
Good times. You going to be online tonight? Same time?

I have Zyz on my friends list from some Horde we did last week. So maybe we can do 1hr of campaign, then knockout 50 waves of Horde

That sounds great!, I'll be online same time today.

see5harp

I'm thinking the easiest way to beat Gears 3 on insane is by unlocking certain mutators like Infinite Ammon and Super Reload and trying it on Arcade mode.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
see5harp said:
I'm thinking the easiest way to beat Gears 3 on insane is by unlocking certain mutators like Infinite Ammon and Super Reload and trying it on Arcade mode.
But that makes you a vagina ;)

My buds and I were thinking of using mutators, but we want the Gears3 Insane experience; all the frustration, as well as the awesome badass feeling when we finally beat it

Apdiddy

I find with the SOS, that if you roll away or backwards from the person shooting, it doesn't seem as overpowered. I've gotten a few people who wielded SOS while they were reloading.

However, I can't stand people I've seen online camp near a capture point on KOTH with a SOS. It doesn't take a lot of skill to camp.

alphaNoid

Banned
Just beat it last night, great end to a great trilogy. I enjoyed it ... very much. Where do I get my War Journal info online? I swear I cannot find the site.. :/ link?

skyfinch

Wow, horde is fun as hell, but I don't think I'll ever get to level 50. Can't even get to level 10 on my own, and when I play online, I get disconnected ALWAYS before level 20-30.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
K' Dash said:
That sounds great!, I'll be online same time today.

Damn. Sounds like you guys are in for the long haul tonight. I'll be lucky if I can find a team that stays until wave 10.

JB1981

Ballistik said:
Gears of war 3 in the #2 spot? Boo! Maybe we'll see the numbers grow this week. Also, Halo NOT in the top 3?!

Pretty shocking to see Gears 2 still anywhere on that list. Most of the hardcore players left it.. Who's playing it!?!
There are like 500k players on black ops. Never going to happen for Gears. Not even Halo pulls those numbers

MrCompletely said:
I don't get all the SOS bitching. I find it easy enough to avoid. It's painfully obvious when someone's rolling up on you with it, and easy enough to avoid while weakening your aggressor. Also, CHECK YOUR CORNERS, understand the map and choke points.

The gun has four rounds and takes 30 minutes to reload, just avoid that one shot and you can easily take the guy down while he's stuck reloading.
The problem is that it has longer reach than it should. It should be melee range, but it's double that.

Boogdud

Ballistik said:
The web stats page is in beta right now, called the War Journal. It's loading pretty slow, and there's some errors on there.

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/en-US/warjournal/stats

So, is it a bug that the only weapon that doesn't show up on the weapons tab is the SOS? I have stats for every other weapon (my best is the lancer, followed by the gnasher), some even with 0% yet the SOS is missing from the list. Curious.

Granted I've used it (sos) about 2 times in multi ever, but still..

Right then! so I have been on holiday all week and took a fresh new copy of gears 3 with me, we had the internet in the house we were staying in so I was able to play online all week. First of all I have to say the game looks amazing in nearly every area, a real achievement over the first two games by a huge HUGE margin, congratulations to epic on that.

I have been enjoying the entire package this game gives, the single player was good though I still think gears 1 and 2 beat it out for that part, the online though is leagues improved and like the beta feels solid and refined especially the weapons... bar the gnasher's active reload damage over range that thing is a bit too good when using active reloads, the other weapons I have no problem with even the SOS since that thing is beyond useless after a few feet of range.

Maps all feel good online, the new improved thrashball is my favourate map now with those extra spawn exits they fit in perfectly! so does the underground bunker area added to the bunker map :p gears 3 plays best when the maps lack choke points and we all know of one map which is nothing but that don't we :( that map currently is the worst map in the entire gears series.

Horde and beast are amazing, I never expected horde to have that light sort of rpg/leveling method for upgrades, it's great to play horde for an hour and come away with better skills for the next time you play.

Now as for online lag this might be because I was playing from a BT line in a middle of a field in Devon all week but lag is still there, it's not as bad as gears 2 but where is really sucks is in surprise attacks and dodging attacks, let me explain:

You run into the enemy with a gnasher like yourself, you both miss the first shot so you roll backwards, yet get gibbed by the second shot... this happens because in what feels like 70% of the matches I have played the lag is over 100 so on the enemies screen your roll was delayed, his second shot hit you right in the gut and you gibbed, on your screen you were 6 foot back, another example is a corner battle where you always lose because on his screen you never moved first.

I feel this is a problem with non server matches mostly, peer to peer has always seemed to have this problem even in halo games, however some games I have been on what feels like a server and every battle I was in felt solid and fair, nothing like being gibbed first all the time because your movement reactions are delayed on their screen.

I am in favor of a notice to say your ping or if you are in a dedi, so far the only way you can tell is if you gib each other at the same time with shotguns because the server sees you both shoot each other, this is the much more fair method killing both then the better pinged user.

Now to show you a list of what I like and dislike about multi :p

+
TDM with it's spawns, keeps the game fast yet keeps that feeling of being the last man alive against a few enemies like the old gears games online.
Good selection of spawning weapons ALL OF THEM with good uses like rushing, suppression, defending.
SOS is a nice extra for close combat, it might be a little cheese at the start but like the rifles it has a good and bad use, and plenty of ways to counter it.

-
Gnasher active reload is a bit too good, can be 20 feet away and be in full red from one pop shot, however the weapon is perfect when shot normally at all ranges.
Sometimes just running slightly into the side of a shallow wall will suck you in, has messed me up a little since it feels more sticky then gears 1 and 2 did for me.
Smokes on gridlock seems like a huge waste, inks on the even spawns (2,4,6) really help with campers in the corner buildings and sniper nest, that's more of a personal thing.

quickwhips

-Yeti said:
Man, unless I have some pros on my team, I'm never touching Versus again. At least until the SOS is removed.

Horde, you are my sanctuary.

I'll tell you how I handle the SOS by taking corners wide. If you have to get into close to beat a Shotgun player then your playing this game wrong now. The rules have changed.

Muzzy

Muzzy said:
I have a Mechanic Baird code to trade guys. I'm looking for Adam Fenix but I doubt there's someone that still has a code. PM me if interested.

So no one has a MP character left to trade?

AlStrong

see5harp said:
Yeah... definitely. I busted through Act I to half-way through IV in about 4 hours with Super Reloads. The start of Act III was a cakewalk.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say I'm loving Beast mode. It's only 12 waves, so everyone stays.....most of the time. But, the best part is the satisfaction of blowing up Sam as a ticker. That bad voice acting bitch had it coming. :)

quickwhips said:
I'll tell you how I handle the SOS by taking corners wide. If you have to get into close to beat a Shotgun player then your playing this game wrong now. The rules have changed.

That's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom