• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickwhips

-Yeti said:
That's the problem.

I disagree I think when a gnasher fight happens now it feels alot more personal like gears 1. Its usually those 1 vs 1 at the end. Finally AR fighting is important. I think its silly for people to charge at someone with a shotgun out hoping to dodge gun fire to get a kill. Sure it pays off sometimes but its retarted.

alphaNoid

Banned
gears3.png

MrCompletely said:
I don't get all the SOS bitching. I find it easy enough to avoid. It's painfully obvious when someone's rolling up on you with it, and easy enough to avoid while weakening your aggressor. Also, CHECK YOUR CORNERS, understand the map and choke points.

The gun has four rounds and takes 30 minutes to reload, just avoid that one shot and you can easily take the guy down while he's stuck reloading.

Nope, it isn't as easy as you say.

If there's a dude running at you with the SOS and you see him when he's so close that even if you aim your rifle and shoot right away he might come into gib range and kill you (and that happens a lot in this game because the maps are the way they are) you cannot escape from that, you can only hope he somehow misses the shot.

If you roll back, he'll approach faster than you retreat and bam, dead (this is what happens to me the most). If you simply turn back and run, he'll run behind you and the second you stop bam, dead.

About the CHECK YOUR CORNERS bit... it doesn't really matter if you check them or not. You know, you need to get close to them in order to check them and then, unless they miss, you're dead. The most you can do is take him with you.

So yeah, it's annoying and it sucks.

see5harp

_dementia said:
How do you get those specific mutators?

I think infinite ammo is just 100 kills with each starting weapon. The reload is significantly tougher because it's a Horde thing (I think it's something to do with buying 5 emplacements in a single round a specific number of times-I think my friend boosted it).

quickwhips

Risk Breaker said:

If there's a dude running at you with the SOS and you see him when he's so close that even if you aim your rifle and shoot right away he might come into gib range and kill you (and that happens a lot in this game because the maps are the way they are) you cannot escape from that, you can only hope he somehow misses the shot.

If you roll back, he'll approach faster than you retreat and bam, dead (this is what happens to me the most). If you simply turn back and run, he'll run behind you and the second you stop bam, dead.

About the CHECK YOUR CORNERS bit... it doesn't really matter if you check them or not. You know, you need to get close to them in order to check them and then, unless they miss, you're dead. The most you can do is take him with you.

I haven't experience any of those problems. My deaths are usually from bad rolls or not watching my back and getting a shot in the back.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Risk Breaker said:

It's called team work, bro. If someone with the SOS is chasing you all over the map and nobody is shooting at him, you've either put yourself in a retarded situation deep in enemy territory or are not playing cohesively with others.

Check Corners, AKA take them WIDE so you can use your 3rd person to 'peak' around the corner and see if there is an SOS, or shoot the FUCK out of him with your AR.

Lololololololololol think outside the box

LosDaddie

Banned
see5harp said:
I'm thinking the easiest way to beat Gears 3 on insane is by unlocking certain mutators like Infinite Ammon and Super Reload and trying it on Arcade mode.

Wait, is that possible? And still be able to get the Insane cheevos?

Vilix said:
Damn. Sounds like you guys are in for the long haul tonight. I'll be lucky if I can find a team that stays until wave 10.

You're welcome to join tonight. Starting around....9pm EST. Maybe a little later since I'm taking my family out to dinner.

Eh, might just do 50 waves of Horde only. We got to Wave 40 last week before giving up. And I thinking of setting the difficulty to Casual. :p

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Grisby said:
How do you guys get the pics off the war journal thing? *Inogoodwithcomputerscat.jpeg*
Screen cap

on a mac it's Command+shift+4, then you click+drag your mouse over the area you want

sajj316

Stat Flow said:
Just hit 39 myself. 1.7 KDR, all multiplayer (TDM, Execution, and Wingman are all I've played)

I guess we could pad our K/D with campaign and horde :) Is there a multiplayer (non campaign/horde/beast) K/D ratio at all?

dmg04 said:
Check Corners, AKA take them WIDE so you can use your 3rd person to 'peak' around the corner and see if there is an SOS, or shoot the FUCK out of him with your AR.

Lololololololololol think outside the box

They use their 3rd person view to peak around, too.

About the bolded... sure man.

Quite a bit disappointed in how the campaign story ends. Was expecting something to happen during the final boss battle
Why is Myrrah a human exactly?
, but it just fizzled out into some rather cheesy-even-for-Gears lukewarm moment. meh

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
sajj316 said:
I guess we could pad our K/D with campaign and horde :) Is there a multiplayer (non campaign/horde/beast) K/D ratio at all?
Hmm, I guess you could go to the individual leaderboards for each gametype and then add the kills up from those and then get your kdr for pure multiplayer.

But that'd be a bit too much effort. I think mine is pretty accurate for now as I've only gotten a couple chapters into act 1 since I'm doing 4man Co op and rounding everyone up can be a hassle.

Haven't tried horde yet.

KooPaL

Sorry PXG for missing your invites these past few days. I am currently trying to get back into shooters and don't want to be a feeder to the team lol. I think I am sort of ready now so just shoot me an invite whenever. I just can't believe how shitty I am ugh makes me feel dirty lol

dmg04 said:
Then go play gears 2.

"Adapt or Die, People"

Never again. That game was so bad in the Multiplayer department. Horde mode was fun, but it wasn't enough to save it.

I guess I'm just super bitter about the SOS. I think I have every reason to be though. It's really game-breaking for me and a lot of people. However, when I do manage to get into a 1v1 Gnasher fight, the game shines, and that's what I really love about Gears.

It's not just that though. I really love how AR fights are a bigger part. It's still familiar, but it's now actually useful. Retro Lancer is a fine addition I think. Charging towards someone with it and impaling them with the bayonet is satisfying, just as chainsawing someone with the Lancer for the first time was.

Palmer_v1

I find it hilarous that the SOS is not listed in the individual weapon breakdown area. Are they embarrassed to show the stats behind the weapon?

D6AMIA6N

Can you guys add me to your friends list? I keep on trying to get into a horde game to no avail, and I've sent a friend request to the GEARS 3 GAF TRI, but am still waiting have my friend request be accepted.

GT: D6AMIA6N

KooPaL

How do you guys normally go about in aiming the Retro? I am having a hard time trying to burst with it. I try doing the old CS pull down the ak to control recoil but its not really working for me.

Another problem is with gnasher battles do you guys concentrate on evading first (wallbouncing). Far too many times i see myself twitch the right analog stick as opposed to just strafing with them with the left analog.

Palmer_v1 said:
I find it hilarous that the SOS is not listed in the individual weapon breakdown area. Are they embarrassed to show the stats behind the weapon?

Hahaha, hadn't noticed that. I now looked the section and see that it says how many times you've been killed by that weapon... yeah, pretty hilarious.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Risk Breaker said:
They use their 3rd person view to peak around, too.

About the bolded... sure man.
Yeah, i put in the lololol for fun. I understand the frustration! Go back a few pages and you'll see me bitching like crazy about the SOS

The fact is that it's part of the game, and there are counters galore to every weapon. Toss a smoke grenade to stun the dude, run around, make him miss his shit, retro lancer, etc etc

The SOS is powerful, yes, but it can be the weakest weapon in the game if you know how to dance around it.

Oh I forgot to add to my big post that even though I moaned a little about the skin dlc and it's prices I did buy one, team metal, and I rather like it.

That's about it from me, will buy RAAM and Savage grenadier elite if he becomes pay DLC at some point, I can see everyone online using onyx gear once he is released so i'll stick with classic Baird or Dizzy, who is now becoming a favorite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGMpk9LIiuM

Shit, its set to private now, but it had a whole BUNCH of DLC character skins.

Big Rig Dizzy
Minh
Savage Bolter
Onyx Theron
Farmer Dom
RAAM
Theron Sentinel
Bai Tak
Armored Kantus (Hell Yeah!!)
Savage Cyclops
Pendulum Marcus
Bernie
Thrashball Drone
Skorge
Pendulum Bernie
Barrick
Palace Guard
Gold Armor RAAM (Interesting)
Tai
Pendulum Hoffman
Michaelson
Alex Brand

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Big Rig Dizzy
Minh
Savage Bolter
Onyx Theron
Farmer Dom
RAAM
Theron Sentinel
Bai Tak
Savage Cyclops
Pendulum Marcus
Bernie
Thrashball Drone
Skorge
Pendulum Bernie
Barrick
Palace Guard
Tai
Pendulum Hoffman
Michaelson
Alex Brand
OMFG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

EDIT: Where's mah boy the regular Cyclops though >:|?

-PXG-

LeonSKennedy90 said:

Big Rig Dizzy
Minh
Savage Bolter
Onyx Theron
Farmer Dom
RAAM
Theron Sentinel
Bai Tak
Savage Cyclops
Pendulum Marcus
Bernie
Thrashball Drone
Skorge
Pendulum Bernie
Barrick
Palace Guard
Tai
Pendulum Hoffman
Michaelson
Alex Brand

If there is another mirror or once it's set to public pm a link/ download dat shit.

LeonSKennedy90 said:

Big Rig Dizzy
Minh
Savage Bolter
Onyx Theron
Farmer Dom
RAAM
Theron Sentinel
Bai Tak
Savage Cyclops
Pendulum Marcus
Bernie
Thrashball Drone
Skorge
Pendulum Bernie
Barrick
Palace Guard
Tai
Pendulum Hoffman
Michaelson
Alex Brand
No longer private.

I'm hoping for another Cole. So you can have a team of 5 different Coles.

njean777

Epic WHY THE FUCK AM I BEING PAIRED UP WITH LOW LEVEL PLAYERS AND EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE OTHER TEAM IS 40 OR ABOVE? Im level 36 btw.

pr0cs

Thrilled that there are a bunch of DLC skins from the books. That is gonna be so awesome!
I'm curious on the model of Bai Tak, I can't see how they'll use the same hitbox since the guy is so much smaller.
Was hoping for Trescu too, make it so Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom