• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeonSKennedy90 said:
I miss the old sniper zoom
Yeah. :(

Also, that Lambent Berserker on Insane...

l_174b69cd4dbc057656fa3po9.gif

-PXG-

He forgot to add D.Carmine. You can see the bot name at the 48 second mark.

Damn, they need a Classic Hoffman. Get on it Epic.

-PXG- said:
He forgot to add D.Carmine. You can see the bot name at the 48 second mark.

Damn, they need a Classic Hoffman. Get on it Epic.
Fourth Carmine? I hope it's a girl.

There aren't any armored female cogs in the game are there?

Moofers

Skins are cool, but I want maps. Give me Rooftops and Escalation from Gears 1, dammit! A nice autumn map like Escalation would be so perfect right now.

LosDaddie said:
Good times. You going to be online tonight? Same time?

I have Zyz on my friends list from some Horde we did last week. So maybe we can do 1hr of campaign, then knockout 50 waves of Horde
I am good with this. Set a time and I will be on. My wife and kids are away this weekend so I have lots of time to game (plus it is calling for rain all weekend which gets me out of so many items on my "Honey List". :)

Dan Yo

Banned
Moofers said:
Skins are cool, but I want maps. Give me Rooftops and Escalation from Gears 1, dammit! A nice autumn map like Escalation would be so perfect right now.
Those were the two worst maps in Gears 1, rooftops a little better than escalation though. I wouldn't mind seeing them back for nostalgia sake though.

Every other map from Gears 1 needs a come back. War machine, Tyro station, Fuel Depot, Clock tower, Mausoleum, Mansion, Canals ..... Everything. Most of the Gears 2 maps can stay where they are.

Ballistik

Hated Escalation. How was it in any way balanced? Basically one team spawning on top of another. Trying to counter that issue with snipers on the bottom isn't that great of a solution.

I can see Rooftops though, if they open up passages everywhere.

Dedicated servers are definitely a good thing to have, but they don't really work for oversea-connections. Had some lag issues the past 3 hours, and although they're not as bad as in Gears 2, they're definitely present whenever I play with american people.
And though I really don't like the weapon whenever I play without experiencing any lag, the sawed-off works wonders in games with bad connection.

Boogdud

Palmer_v1 said:
I find it hilarous that the SOS is not listed in the individual weapon breakdown area. Are they embarrassed to show the stats behind the weapon?

Yeah I posted that earlier. Literally every other weapon in the game but the SoS is absent from the list. Coincidence?

All this 'adapt or die' chest-pounding is comical though. It'll be those same dudes (ironically) complaining about the incoming nerfs to it as 'dumbing down the game'.

Dreaver

vodka-bull said:
Dedicated servers are definitely a good thing to have, but they don't really work for oversea-connections. Had some lag issues the past 3 hours, and although they're not as bad as in Gears 2, they're definitely present whenever I play with american people.
And though I really don't like the weapon whenever I play without experiencing any lag, the sawed-off works wonders in games with bad connection.
I think it might be just tonight. I couldn't get in games really. Even had a few laggy ones (which I haven't had before in Gears 3). Or did you have it before?

Dreaver said:
I think it might be just tonight. I couldn't get in games really. Even had a few laggy ones (which I haven't had before in Gears 3). Or did you have it before?
Everytime I played with PXG and other GAF people from the states so far.

sajj316

_dementia said:
I love how Horde pads your K/D ratio

Ya, I was commenting about this earlier. I have no problem with the level up and having an overall rating and k/d ratio. I would like to know my true k/d ratio in competitive multi-player.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Big Rig Dizzy
Savage Bolter
Onyx Theron
Farmer Dom
RAAM
Armored Kantus (Hell Yeah!!)
Pendulum Marcus
Bernie
Thrashball Drone
Skorge
Pendulum Bernie
Barrick
Gold Armor RAAM (Interesting)
Tai
Pendulum Hoffman
Alex Brand

SHIT YEAH! If these all turn out to be real, I want a way to use a different skin on every respawn :p

see5harp

thezerofire said:
Do people still use the Retro? I can't use it anymore

When I'm in a funk with the gnasher, I can usually switch to Retro lancer and get a few kills easily. At close range only the Shotgns are more effective and if you create 10 feet or so it's damn near unstoppable.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
thezerofire said:
Do people still use the Retro? I can't use it anymore
Took me a long ass time to learn how to use it, but now I destroy everyone with it. (mid/short range of course)

Moofers

Dudes, Escalation would be totally killer for Horde. Autumn colored leaves on the trees and ground, overcast skies....now think about all the cool places they could put barricades and turrets and stuff. It would be fuckin awesome and you all know it.

sajj316

Moofers said:
Dudes, Escalation would be totally killer for Horde. Autumn colored leaves on the trees and ground, overcast skies....now think about all the cool places they could put barricades and turrets and stuff. It would be fuckin awesome and you all know it.

Woo Woo Woo!!

Edit serious question: What do you guys think about non Gears related skins/models?

LosDaddie

Banned
~ Zyzomys ~ said:
I am good with this. Set a time and I will be on. My wife and kids are away this weekend so I have lots of time to game (plus it is calling for rain all weekend which gets me out of so many items on my "Honey List". :)

Around 9pm EST. Maybe a little later since I'm taking the family out for dinner.

Also, congrats on the Free Weekend. I would be jealous, but I get mine next weekend. :)

Fuck, this game really is awesome, and I still don't even have a friggin' Gold subscription. When I just want to play something and I'm not in the mood for getting violently raped in every orifice by Insane difficulty, I'll just load up some private Versus against bots and have some fun with them. More games should have 'em, seriously.

pr0cs

_dementia said:
...Bulletstorm Dude, Sam Gideon, Nathan Drake, Master Chief, etc?

Not sure if want.

the opportunity to chainsaw Nolan North in half and listen to him scream bloody horror.. yes please
it will never happen but we can dream right?

sajj316 said:
Edit serious question: What do you guys think about non Gears related skins/models?

If it's implemented like Uncharted 2 where the skins have no voices, HELL NAW. That took away a lot of personality from the game on top of giving them advantages since they were dead silent. But if they can get Sam Gideon, John Marston, Tony Montana, and Lara Croft in there spittin one liners, I'm down.

Hell, get Max Payne and have him narrate his kills in a film noir manner, and I'd never use any other character.

Moofers

I'm serious about Escalation. Cliffy B, I know you read this thread, dammit. You're good for two things: nothing, and no good! You totally let us down with the Gears story, you ruined versus with the SOS, and you haven't improved on the matchmaking enough from Gears 2. However, all will be forgiven if you do me this one thing. Make Escalation a new Horde map (complete with Autumn colors, that's a big part of the appeal) and all will be forgiven. Angels will sing your praises from the heavens above, Gears 3 will become the hottest selling game of all time, Reggie will quit Nintendo and beg for even a janitorial position at Epic, and Sony will back up a dump truck full of money to Epic's front door to make Gears 3 on PS3 become reality.

So you in? ;)

Seriously, make it happen.

Grisby

pr0cs said:
the opportunity to chainsaw Nolan North in half and listen to him scream bloody horror.. yes please
it will never happen but we can dream right?
He would probably make a witty remark or something along the lines of, "Oh boy, I'm in some trouble!"

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Moofers said:
I'm serious about Escalation. Cliffy B, I know you read this thread, dammit. You're good for two things: nothing, and no good! You totally let us down with the Gears story, you ruined versus with the SOS, and you haven't improved on the matchmaking enough from Gears 2. However, all will be forgiven if you do me this one thing. Make Escalation a new Horde map (complete with Autumn colors, that's a big part of the appeal) and all will be forgiven. Angels will sing your praises from the heavens above, Gears 3 will become the hottest selling game of all time, and Sony will back up a dump truck full of money to Epic's front door to make Gears 3 on PS3 become reality.

So you in? ;)

Seriously, make it happen.
Do not put out more maps designed for horde into this. Overpass is bad enough :(

MortalMonkey said:
Sorry if it's been covered already, but I was playing War Zone just now and as I was murdering some Locusts, this song started playing in-game. It was pretty bad ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD85rA3iux8
As long as you don't destroy any of the ash people in a round on Gridlock, the song will play the following round.

Does Gears 1 GAF play this? Aside from PXG, I recall playing with folks like Aladuf and Full Recovery back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom