• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
_dementia said:
They need "Superstar RAAM" with a gold troika chain and diamond encrusted kryll

I would pay any amount of money to have this. CliffyB will be handed a blank check with my name on it, and he can just write whatever amount of money he feels content with.

so......I guess there really is no possible way to get the "cole train" skin unlocked in multiplayer if you never played beta? if so...thats fucking lame...

RBK

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
so......I guess there really is no possible way to get the "cole train" skin unlocked in multiplayer if you never played beta? if so...thats fucking lame...
I didn't play enough matches to do so. I'm sure it will become available in due time, but no time soon.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Fixed2BeBroken said:
I think it's pretty fucking lame that i didn't get any of my beta unlocks.

RBK

Banned
K' Dash said:
A little respect for PXG juniah or your stay in NeoGAF will be short.

Lol sorry, just give me a Snapback Cole and Ash Man skin and I'll be forever happy. Honestly none of those skins interest me at all. Thrashball Drone being the closest since I missed out on Cole Train. :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Have dedicated servers been up at all the past few days? I've barely been playing and just had another session with warping back into cover.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGMpk9LIiuM

Shit, its set to private now, but it had a whole BUNCH of DLC character skins.

Big Rig Dizzy
Minh
Savage Bolter
Onyx Theron
Farmer Dom
RAAM
Theron Sentinel
Bai Tak
Armored Kantus (Hell Yeah!!)
Savage Cyclops
Pendulum Marcus
Bernie
Thrashball Drone
Skorge
Pendulum Bernie
Barrick
Palace Guard
Gold Armor RAAM (Interesting)
Tai
Pendulum Hoffman
Michaelson
Alex Brand
OH GOD YES FINALLY
<3 Tai
Fucking bullshit if characters from the previous gears who are ported over are paid DLC tho >.<

Rimfya

Banned
Sick of complaining, I'll vote with my dollars. Cliff I absolutely won't pay for character models you imported from previous titles. If you were going to micro transact us out the rear end the game shouldve been free.

Otherwise Gears 3 proves the test case for free-to-play to go retail price+

Not that it will make a lick of different, there's already a sickening number of horrible pink weapons in MP.

No DLC for me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Rimfya said:
Sick of complaining, I'll vote with my dollars. Cliff I absolutely won't pay for character models you imported from previous titles. If you were going to micro transact us out the rear end the game shouldve been free.

Otherwise Gears 3 proves the test case for free-to-play to go retail price+

Not that it will make a lick of different, there's already a sickening number of horrible pink weapons in MP.

No DLC for me.

To be fair, character models ported from Gears 1 and 2 would look like shit now. I haven't used the classic skins at all but I'm guessing they're redone and updated.

Dug

Banned
ChiefEdiri said:
Lol sorry, just give me a Snapback Cole and Ash Man skin and I'll be forever happy. Honestly none of those skins interest me at all. Thrashball Drone being the closest since I missed out on Cole Train. :(
You're not interested in Farmer Dom!?!?!

tfDGL.gif

Apdiddy

_dementia said:
They need "Superstar RAAM" with a gold troika chain and diamond encrusted kryll

And the cherry on top would be RAAM saying in his Locust voice "Shut up bitch," "Wat up G!" "You about to get RAAM'ed!" or "party like a fireman!"

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Apdiddy said:
And the cherry on top would be RAAM saying in his Locust voice "Shut up bitch," "Wat up G!" or "party like a fireman!"
No, the cherry on top would be RAAM going 'WOOOOO!!!!!'

or after curb stomping Cole; 'Look at all that juice!'

Robot Pants

There's something about this game that makes me want to play all day every day. This is something I haven't felt since Gears 1, with any game. So that's good :)

JambiBum

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
They need to make the punishment for quitting fucking montrous. Like take away five levels.
They can't do that though because sometimes people have connection problems. What they do now is good enough.

Also I love running people over alllll day.

JambiBum

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
People just quit constantly. Fucking sucks to be in a close game and suddenly two players quite and the whole game goes to shit.
Oh I know. It's why I play ranked. People still quit but it doesn't happen nearly as often. We just get more hate mail <3

alphaNoid said:
Same, I never had any kind of connection to him.

Really? I thought the end of Chapter 3 really showed his character well. Ultimate bro-save right there. I wasn't crying or anything, but it was a touching scene. Definitely the best cinematic in all 3 Gears.

razu

CliffyB, Gears 3 multiplayer is better than Gears 1, and I played that a shitload. I can't put it into words, it just is. So that makes it my favourite game after Street Fighter.

It's not perfect though! Please, Mr.B, fix this shit:

Make a distinct point for exiting a match. Don't make me load the next map before quitting!

Let me set the volume for the, at least for me, annoying "coaches" at the end of a round. They are way louder than anything else in the game. Muting would be rad.

Please, could you reduce the length of the executions? If it's the last person and they go for the 10x face punch execution... that's reducing my playtime. And at 35 years old, every minute counts.

Also...

In future games, I'd add an achievement per 10x, or so, plays of a map. Gears 3 wasn't clicking for me for a while, until I got into the maps. It's clicked! But I needed to remind myself of the importance of learning maps.

I'd say ignore the SOS complaints. It's not hit it's target—I watched a new player completely miss today, yet in the hands of veterans it pretty much equals a guaranteed kill—but, it's political now, so you can't remove it. And, in competitive play, it *is* balanced, simply because everyone can pick it before the round starts. It becomes a strategy.

That'll do it,
Cheers.

h3ro

-PXG- said:
I know right. They need to do Classic Hoff.
Seriously. I'm over this "it's really hot so I'm wearing a t-shirt" bull they have going on with the armor in this game.

Classic Hoff. I need it.

paying for classic Hoff :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom