• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Robot Pants said:
Rock on, Perry!
You made Gears the popular sensation it is today. While the rest of the team is trying to ruin it with stopping power, heavy weapons, terrible gun sounds, and the SOS.
DON'T LET THEM RUIN THE LEGACY, PERRY!

zlatko, your post is pretty perfect.
also if this board had sigs mine would be this:

Thanks. :)

;) Should read that semi-review I linked to if you got the time to read. It does a pretty damn good job of giving the game insane amounts of praise from me.

Malo

Banned
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Hella GGs tonight PXG, Melo, and...wasn't there another Gaffer? Sorry if I got intense near the end of that last match, those guys were trash and I just didn't want to lose. Went up about 7 levels in one session, I said God DAYUM

Oh, and shoutouts to Belfry, the greatest Boltok user ofall-time. Put him on a team with Chinchilla98 and Immacullate? Its a done deal, GGPO
We wrecked kids tonight, other than the almighty Immaculate and boltok sniper Remy. The anger part is fine, gears just brings out the rage in you sometimes lol.

Allstart gears squad : Remy, Immaculate, chin chilla, grimey and latín.

SuperMalo said:
Allstart gears squad : Remy, Immaculate, chin chilla, grimey and latín.

You see those names come up, you just put the controller down and take that shit. And then get your ass kicked 1-on-1 in SOS duel on Raven Down(unless he runs out of ammo)

Bonus points if DeltaForcers joins

Zezboob

Damn, unable do log out from Gears correctly (loading screen lasting forever), had to jump to the dashboard, lost the ribbons I earned.... I thought it was uploading stats at the end of every round... this clearly sucks.

And I am still waiting for my golden hammerburst.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA.

2San

Seth Balmore said:
Argh dammit, this always happens. For the new page:

About the SOS discussion, don't get your hopes up...

http://i.imgur.com/EbvAN.png[img]

And this is an interesting paragraph from the Epic Edition artbook. Lee basically corroborated on Twitter what he said earlier in this book...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/v5OHx.png[img]

So I don't think the SOS is going anywhere/getting changed. It's what it was meant to be. :([/QUOTE]
Honestly developer arrogance is all it is. Shame on us trying to play the game in a way that's fun(mainly using the gnasher). So they counter a close range beast by introducing 2 more close range beasts? Which seems to be "wrong" way to play the game(according to epic atleast). Honestly what did they hope to accomplish by this? Beefing up the standard lancer and hammerburst already works as a proper counter. So now everything is gnasher counter or what?

2San said:
Honestly developer arrogance is all it is. Shame on us trying to play the game in a way that's fun(mainly using the gnasher). So they counter a close range beast by introducing 2 more close range beasts? Which seems to be "wrong" way to play the game(according to epic atleast). Honestly what did they hope to accomplish by this? Beefing up the standard lancer and hammerburst already works as a proper counter. So now everything is gnasher counter or what?

That's what I was thinking. In previous Gears games the Gnasher wasn't overpowered, the other weapons were just underpowered. Beef them up as they are in Gears 3 and the problem is solved. It isn't brain science.

2San

The Xtortionist said:
That's what I was thinking. In previous Gears games the Gnasher wasn't overpowered, the other weapons were just underpowered. Beef them up as they are in Gears 3 and the problem is solved. It isn't brain science.
Exactly, I think the retro has a place in the game though. Since it seems a legitimate option to people who dislike shotty's. That you have to forgo any long range options makes the gun very fair to me. The SOS on the other hand ugh. :|

Hyunkel6

Acidote said:
I'm stuck at the "creating group" screen right after pressing start :-/ Can't play anything at all.
Same here. I was scared that something was wrong with the disc or console. Good to know it's on Epic's side.

Whats the deal with the online? It took 5 minutes to get past the title screen and now i cant join any TDM games?
This is worse than Gears 2 online was :(

Xav

Well done Epic on making a game so online focused that I can't even make it past the title screen when your servers go down.

robot

4 1/2 hour horde mode marathon w 5 people...we got to wave 47 but people literally started falling asleep since it was so late. Hope they continue to support/expand Horde, I can play it forever.

Xevren

robot said:
4 1/2 hour horde mode marathon w 5 people...we got to wave 47 but people literally started falling asleep since it was so late. Hope they continue to support/expand Horde, I can play it forever.

Here's hoping, love me some horde!

snack said:
Sounds like great laggy fun to me or some really magical gnahers.
active reload gnasher has deadly range to 2 hit down people, it's the only annoying weapon in gears 3 for me. normal gnasher is fine however.

PinkCrayon said:
i don't understand. did the gnasher need a counter? i don't think so... it defined the close quarters combat. i guess if it really needed a counter, the retro covers that. why put something in that has a greater gib range than the gnasher? sigh...
i hate the gnasher and think it should be nerfed, but seriously, the SOS is ridiculous.
I don't have the full game yet, but the retro lancer was a powerful anti-gnasher weapon in the beta. only a few times, where i was playing against a coordinated team who all used gnashers did i get frustrated. and if i'd had my own team with retro lancers, we'd have stood a good chance of winning. take the sos out and the game is almost balanced.

edit: the fuck is 'jibbed'?
it's always been 'gibbed'. it stems from the word 'giblets'.

scar tissue said:
edit: the fuck is 'jibbed'?
it's always been 'gibbed'. it stems from the word 'giblets'.
Making fun of the fact that it's pronounced 'jib' (so they say) despite being spelled 'gib'.

So is the game working now? I was thinking of hopping on for a while...

EDIT: Oh well, there's always Uncharted 3 MP. :3

Grisby

Diablohead said:
active reload gnasher has deadly range to 2 hit down people, it's the only annoying weapon in gears 3 for me. normal gnasher is fine however.

Thats my weapon of choice. AR on that thing turns it into a sniping machine gun. Oh, and the chainsaw is great for catching people around corners.

*Eeek I thought I read lancer. Need coffee*

Does anyone think that having a 'quick horde' mode would be a good idea? Maybe something more along the lines of 12 waves like Beast? I love horde, but I can't dedicate several hours to a horde run.

Lima

Lifejumper said:
Doesn't work....damn. So dissapointed :(

Then thank the people that glitched their way to level 100 in gears 2. This time epic built in several security measures to prevent that. But it looks like they are a bit strict considering the amount of people that had their stuff reset already.

Volimar

Lifejumper said:
Doesn't work....damn. So dissapointed :(

Happened to me as well, splitscreen as well. Luckily I was playing offline at the time so I deleted my profile (just the profile, not the achievements or items) and went online and recovered my gamertag and I got most of it back, well back to the last time I had played online. In the end i lost about 4-5 levels and had to re-unlock a few things. I think it only works if you don't go online again before trying to recover your gamertag.

It's worse for my brother. He was playing splitscreen with me at the time and now he freezes at the start of every match. Can't play any game mode at all. There's a thread on the gears of war issues forum for it. It's happening to a lot of people. Glitchy...

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
njean777 said:
Anybody else having connection problems? Trying to play Ranked TDM and it has been searching for almost 10 minutes....
Yeah ranked keeps finding players, can't get into a game despite it saying players found.

Any EU Gears MP sessions been arranged yet?

rCIZZLE

2San said:

I guess they hate the fact that the shotgun battles of the past two games were what helped make this game stand out from the other shooters and build a strong following. As with any game, if enough people get the shit kicked out of them with a certain wep/strategy they'll eventually change it. If gears 2 had dedicated servers I wouldn't even be playing gears 3 lol.

njean777

I quick match ranked at all? I am still going up in lvl....

Untracked said:
I never understood all the sawed-off rage until today.
Delete that shit from existence please Cliffy.

A good counter is Retro lancer or just pick them off from afar.

2San

rCIZZLE said:
I guess they hate the fact that the shotgun battles of the past two games were what helped make this game stand out from the other shooters and build a strong following. As with any game, if enough people get the shit kicked out of them with a certain wep/strategy they'll eventually change it. If gears 2 had dedicated servers I wouldn't even be playing gears 3 lol.
Indeed, I went through the same realization as well that I'd rather play gears 2 on dedi's than gears 3. Which is kinda sad in some ways. Gears 3 is still fun, but it can be so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom