• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a replica gold Retro Lancer, this shows how much I like gears now that it's fixed online :D

£69.99 on play.com too good to miss since they keep their value over the years, look at the prices for the gold lancer from gears 2

h3ro said:
Same here. I think it's a sick way to make an entrance.

Cliffy, what if you implemented these entrances into Beast Mode! Pick a Savage Grenadier or Drone and you get to pick your spawn point!
I like this idea, of course have it so if you spawn in the middle of the cogs you get blasted to keep things fair.

-PXG- said:
The Onyx medals give you something to do after you hit 100.
ah yes forgot about all that stuff, plenty to do then!

Grisby

enzo_gt said:
Happened to me at wave 34. Feels fucking bad man :|

When I get the time, I want to do a 1-50 or 31/34-50 run with GAFers who I (hope) won't bail on me. Assuming people are still playing horde in a week, which I bet they are.

I would be down for this. I've only got to lvl 20 and haven't played much horde at all.

Horde mode really needs a way for people to join in after others quit. Tired of wasting so much time getting to wave 30, when things actually get interesting, and having people leave. Then I get to start from wave 1 again. Boring, and frustrating, as shite.

Sushen

Vincent Alexander said:
Horde mode really needs a way for people to join in after others quit. Tired of wasting so much time getting to wave 30, when things actually get interesting, and having people leave. Then I get to start from wave 1 again. Boring, and frustrating, as shite.
1000000 times agree! The mode is seriously broken because of quitters and lack of join in feature.

Vincent Alexander said:

I can't understand why it's not there in matchmaking because you can actually already do it. A couple of times now I have jumped out of a horde game and then rejoined it later via the recently played players list.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nice to see interest in a horde run still. Unfortunately I probably wont be free due to school shit until next friday/weekend, but feel free to start your own lobbies and get it poppin :p

Cth

Minor issue, but I noticed during a matchmaking session that there's a graphical glitch/error in one of the buttons.

It's the LB.. it looks like this:
(vertical line attached to the left side)

| .____.
|/| LB |

Like I said, no big deal, just wondered if anyone else saw it.

bumpkin

I'd be down to try and tackle Horde from waves 34-50 on normal. I was in a game last night where we died/lost on 34 and the host quit. Really annoying. The only catch is timing, not really sure *when* I could play. The TV is accounted for 'til I have to go to bed tonight, and week nights are tricky. I'm cursed, I swear.

h3ro said:
Amazing Insane Beast mode run with a few GAFers just now!

Downed the last COG on Wave 12 with one second to go! What a rush! Unlocks were popping up for close to fifteen seconds after we finished.

Centipede is such a beast. I can't wait to see what they do with Beast Mode, I'd love to see it expanded to include Reavers and Brumaks. :lol
I guess they will add something, otherwise the free space between the armored kantus and the savage boomer wouldn't make any sense. There's enough space for some new locusts and I hope they'll add some of them soon.

Loam

Speaking of which is there anyone here who wants to do an insane beast run? I missed out on the last group there.

NateDrake

Loving the online MP but they need to balance these weapons a bit. The sawed-off is just too dominating and the Retro stopping power is crazy. Those are the only two weapons I have any desires to see tuned.

Raxus

-PXG- said:
The Onyx medals give you something to do after you hit 100.
I am actually curious how far you have progressed on your medals. I am level 54 and I have 2 onyx medals and I am on the cusp of earning several more.

-PXG-

Raxus said:
I am actually curious how far you have progressed on your medals. I am level 54 and I have 2 onyx medals and I am on the cusp of earning several more.

I have 5214 kills with the Gnasher. Another 786 and I get Gnasher Master.

The Xtortionist said:
On Hardcore or lower? Let the bots do most of the work.

On Insane? Enable Super Reload and hope for the best.

Hardcore.

Spoilers about it obviously.
I'm fine until the Tempest jumps up on the tower and I have to get an angle to shoot at it, but reinforcements keep coming over the walls and I get boxed in and killed or I can't get shots on the Tempest because I'm fighting other Locust and I fail because it destroys the tower.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Steelyuhas said:
Tips for what I assume is the final fight
Act V: Reckoning
?

I'm getting worked.
There's a little gazebo/hut thing on the map. It's the perfect/only place to hide if you are playing on insane.
Otherwise, it isn't that bad... but I suppose that's relative, based on how many hours I put into it on insane difficulty.

firehawk12 said:
There's a little gazebo/hut thing on the map. It's the perfect/only place to hide if you are playing on insane.
Otherwise, it isn't that bad... but I suppose that's relative, based on how many hours I put into it on insane difficulty.

Where/what is that?

This is really killing what has been a very fun campaign for me. I've spent probably an hour on this fight, its not remotely enjoyable. I found the rest of the game relatively easy (on hardcore), but this is some bullshit.

Steelyuhas said:
Hardcore.

Spoilers about it obviously.
I'm fine until the Tempest jumps up on the tower and I have to get an angle to shoot at it, but reinforcements keep coming over the walls and I get boxed in and killed or I can't get shots on the Tempest because I'm fighting other Locust and I fail because it destroys the tower.

Ignore the others coming in from the sides and focus on shooting the Queen. If you start taking damage, switch positions to go out of the line of sight of enemies. If you're playing solo, try and stay near the bots so that they can revive you if need be and they will also fight off enemies who are around you. Seriously though, focus on the queen, because that's the most important thing. And I hope you're using the Hammer of Dawn... once you reach the part where she jumps on top of the tower, you are one or possibly two decent bursts of the Hammer away from defeating her.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Best bit of the campaign on insane, also the most difficult is
when your go past the subway and have to fight the lambent stalks which are uphill outside the griffin oil refinery. I've probably heard Anya say "looks like were going through the old oil refinery" a trillion times but I finally beat it today. Fuck was that hard, so many drudges, so little ammo. You need to be 100% on your ball with movement, balancing the advance of THOSE FUCKING WRETCHES GODDAMN #1 PRIOTITY, conserving ammo, using grenades and taking out pods. It's not cheap, but it is the proper kind of challenging IMO.
Just beat that part today, not done the entire game yet, but I hear the final boss is some BS like y'all have been discussing so I'm not too ready for that yet.

spindoctor said:
Ignore the others coming in from the sides and focus on shooting the Queen. If you start taking damage, switch positions to go out of the line of sight of enemies. If you're playing solo, try and stay near the bots so that they can revive you if need be and they will also fight off enemies who are around you. Seriously though, focus on the queen, because that's the most important thing. And I hope you're using the Hammer of Dawn... once you reach the part where she jumps on top of the tower, you are one or possibly two decent bursts of the Hammer away from defeating her.

Yeah I'm using it. I have a checkpoint with her on the tower, so I have to be close.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Steelyuhas said:
Where/what is that?

This is really killing what has been a very fun campaign for me. I've spent probably an hour on this fight, its not remotely enjoyable. I found the rest of the game relatively easy (on hardcore), but this is some bullshit.
It's on the outer edges of the map. It should be close to where the
queen starts to climb the tower
. It's probably easier to just find a video to see where it is exactly though.

Nori Chan

Playing with a couple of buddies of mine and we go into KOH and in the middle of the match, it's 6 v 5.

They had a full team, yet we kept killing a cog gear. WTF is that shit? Oh and I'm pretty sure the servers were down too.

I think Ive been playing too much Gears 3 MP. Im level 68 and already using the most skill-dependant weapons (Hammerburst and Gnasher).
I really wanted to like Gears as much as I liked MW2, but all the MP games feel the same now.

JambiBum

Did a triple mantle kick tonight on thrashball. Was awesome. One of our guys lagged out at the beginning of the match. We ended up holding the top with just the four of us pretty well. Three of them came up the same side and just grouped together near the corner sandbag. I ran over and mantle kicked thinking I would only get one. Ended up getting all three. Killed one and downed another with one gnasher shot. Team mate finished off the third. Kinda wish I had the SOS at the moment so that I could have killed all three with one shot.

Ended up going 25-5 that game. Our bot had 21 deaths but we still won.

Cronox

Banned
If I may quickly insert some bitching:

What's with Gears multiplayer being the most inconsistent thing ever? Sometimes I own people so badly, taking out entire teams, other times I'll have a 1:3 or worse K/D ratio. I understand that the skill of my team fluctuates, but shouldn't I have some consistency here? I've never had such fluctuating performance in Halo or CoD.

And has anyone brought up the cognitive dissonance of hearing the screams of someone you just blew into bloody chunks with a shotgun? I mean, where is the sound coming from? I know there's a voice box in there somewhere, but I doubt its ability to make sounds once separated into a slab of meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom