• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
SirRyanOfSmeg said:
http://buypoe.com/content/1580-gears-war-3-dlc-maps-characters-leaked.html

That's a lot of maps!

What happened to all the other DLC chars?

I don't believe that list worth a shit. One of the most talked about/damn near confirmed was Clock Tower and I don't see it on that list...

Also, WTF @ the name "Quiet Place." Stupid as hell name if you ask me.

If that list IS real...I'll bust 200239482093402 nuts because Subway is on it and that is by far and large my favorite map in all of the Gears franchise.

Detox

I would buy the season pass if they just say that eventually, one day I can play on Rooftops and Clocktower in Gears 3.

Arjen

Label said:
Hey! That is my favourite Horde map.

Not played it on any other mode though.

It's basicly made for horde, that's why it's so shit for other modes.
Same goes for Overpas

Detox

Jrmint said:
I don't know how you guys can like Rooftops, that map was a pile of shit. Easily my least favorite in Gears 1.
When you get two decent teams on rooftops the push and pull caused by the sniper and hammer of dawn is legendary. Eventually one team breaks down their opponent grabs the torque and then the pressure really piles on. The gnasher battles around the the raised platforms and the guy shooting from the dugouts is just great. Almost all the time one team is pushed all the way back to spawn.

I dunno, I loved it's size. It could get really intense in the middle area. As the fights went on, each team would gradually pull back which allowed for a more 'tactical' approach. It captured the feeling of rushing into battle with your comrades, seeing them get blown to shit, then running off :p

Plus it was one of the maps I saw when they first started showing Gears 1 off.

Apdiddy

I think Overpass is great as a Horde map and as a Horde map only. If everyone in your group spends on defenses and cuts off enemies as they appear, it's fine. That is until you get to a higher wave and there's more of a strategy involved.

But any other type of play, it's horrible. Every time I play with randoms, one team always ends up at the top of the stairs and racks up kills....or they get the bright idea of camping near the opposing team's spawn point. The map then turns into a SOS camp or a sniper's camp.

I'd also like to see Old Bones getting a remake for Gears 3. Actually, I would like all the map packs from Gears 1 and 2 getting a remake. And all the regular ones. Just put every map you've made for any Gears in Gears 3. With dedicated servers, it would be a whole new experience, even for maps like Rooftops, Avalanche, Raven Down, Bullet Marsh, Process and every other map I've literally played for months.

Just imagine Gears 3 with about 60-70 different maps. That would encourage me enough to get seriously 3.0.

MarshMellow96 said:
I dunno, I loved it's size. It could get really intense in the middle area. As the fights went on, each team would gradually pull back which allowed for a more 'tactical' approach. It captured the feeling of rushing into battle with your comrades, seeing them get blown to shit, then running off :p

Plus it was one of the maps I saw when they first started showing Gears 1 off.

Aside from its layout Rooftop also had changing daytime. A nice little extra touch to add to the great design. They should rework the spawn areas though.

Miggytronz

PXG you always invite me to play at such the wrong times. Maybe one of these days the stars will align and we can play together.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mikasangelos said:
PXG you always invite me to play at such the wrong times. Maybe one of these days the stars will align and we can play together.
Same, I always get invited when I'm doing a campaign run or im already in a party.

Sorry to all those who never got replies to invited they sent me.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Diablohead said:
arcade has respawns as long as one player is still standing, it also adds a score and multiplier counter to the hud and you get a result screen after each area.

is there any downside to choosing arcade over standard?

mocoworm

Do ppl still play Gears 2 online ? If I wanted the 0pt achievement for having level 5 online rank in Gears 2 could it still be done.

mocoworm said:
Do ppl still play Gears 2 online ? If I wanted the 0pt achievement for having level 5 online rank in Gears 2 could it still be done.
There should be some (crazy, demented) people playing Gears 2 still, though IIRC private matches also awarded experience after the last TU, so you can play Horde or something on your own and level up to 5.

K' Dash

I was playing Horde yesterday with some randoms on Sandbar and got lucky enough that the first 3 boss waves were corpsers so, with the turrets and and a silverback we kicked their asses, at wave 31 two people lef and we continued till wave 40 (without losing one single round) with a brumack and there were just to many boomers, maulers grinders and armored kantus, we would have gone till wave 50 if it wasn't for those who left.

Epic needs to penalize this shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
K' Dash said:
I was playing Horde yesterday with some randoms on Sandbar and got lucky enough that the first 3 boss waves were corpsers so, with the turrets and and a silverback we kicked their asses, at wave 31 two people lef and we continued till wave 40 (without losing one single round) with a brumack and there were just to many boomers, maulers grinders and armored kantus, we would have gone till wave 50 if it wasn't for those who left.

It's difficult to penalize someone for having some shit come up amidst a multiple-hour gaming session. Shit happens and they can't group those people with the ragequitters.

Moofers

Yeah its annoying when you're in Horde for the long haul and teammates leave at Wave 10, but you gotta just remember that shit happens and life gets in the way sometimes. Also, I try to send out invites to fill the open spots. About 50% of the time I can get a friend to come fill the spot, so its all good. Try it!

Arjen

K' Dash said:

They need to bring back social horde, you can't expect people to have the time to sit trough al the 50 waves al the time.
I know it's annoying when people leave, but it's just an insane high amount of time you have to invest in it.

K' Dash

enzo_gt said:
It's difficult to penalize someone for having some shit come up amidst a multiple-hour gaming session. Shit happens and they can't group those people with the ragequitters.

If they can't penalize, at least let another random join, only friends can AFAIK, it feels like wasted time when people disconect.

Moofers said:
You can if you're invited after somebody quits.
I know, I meant allow randoms to matchmake and join games in progress too.

I guess it'd be easier if the game used the good ol' lobby system instead of matchmaking...

LosDaddie

Banned
I didn't play at all this weekend. :(

But at least I looked up how to unlock the Super Reload mutator. Now my Insane campaign run will be.....doable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
K' Dash said:
If they can't penalize, at least let another random join, only friends can AFAIK, it feels like wasted time when people disconect.
I am down with this. Echoing others here, not sure why social horde was removed exactly.

Horde games are hard enough to find as is.

LosDaddie said:

But at least I looked up how to unlock the Super Reload mutator. Now my Insane campaign run will be.....doable.

Does using mutators still count towards achievements and unlocks?

zlatko

Banned
Alright GAF. Who wants to do an Arcade casual campaign run in 4 player co-op?

I need 3 people willing to give up 3-5 hours. All cut scenes will be skipped, and we'll be bum rushing through.

Anyone? :)

LosDaddie

Banned
HawksWinStanley said:
Does using mutators still count towards achievements and unlocks?

You can still get the cheevos with mutators on.

The only mutator I want is the Super Reload one. The others are too much of a time investment to unlock.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
LosDaddie said:
You can still get the cheevos with mutators on.

The only mutator I want is the Super Reload one. The others are too much of a time investment to unlock.
Super Reload, Instant Gib, and Infinite Ammo make Insane actually playable. Haha.

zlatko said:
Alright GAF. Who wants to do an Arcade casual campaign run in 4 player co-op?

I need 3 people willing to give up 3-5 hours. All cut scenes will be skipped, and we'll be bum rushing through.

Anyone? :)

i'll do that. im on the gears1gaf GT:Goodacre

signing in now. plus i don't mind waiting to fill spots with gaf members that wont quit 3 chapters in

LosDaddie

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Super Reload, Instant Gib, and Infinite Ammo make Insane actually playable. Haha.

The Instagib Melee one I might unlock before doing my Insane run, too. The Infinite Ammo one would take me forever.

K' Dash

LosDaddie said:

We missed you on Horde this weekend, so much fun, how about tonight?

zlatko

Banned
maxcer0081 said:
i'll do that. im on the gears1gaf GT:Goodacre

signing in now. plus i don't mind waiting to fill spots with gaf members that wont quit 3 chapters in

So far it's just you and me who would be up for it.

We need 2 more. :(

Come on GAF! Let's fuck shit up. :D

REV 09

sandbar.jpg

what about this?

LosDaddie

Banned
K' Dash said:
We missed you on Horde this weekend, so much fun, how about tonight?

Yeah, it's back to normal for me during the week. I got too drunk watching football this weekend and passed out early.

Campaign at the same time? 9pm EST?

Grisby said:
I like that you have to unlock the mutators but I think they take a bit too long to unlock.

The guide says the Super Reload mutator takes about an hour to unlock. That's not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom