• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering; is the Locust Queen a human or what? She looks like one. How the hell could she have reign over all the locust? I've played all three of the games and I must have missed the part when/if they explained it. I shouldn't have to read the fiction to find that out...

Punisher

Neo Member
Just found out why I don't have the headshot animation, it's because my locale is Japan.

If I change my locale i won't be able to find japanese games I guess right?

No exploding heads after headshots sucks so hard :( It always felt pretty great, now the model just falls over ><

Punisher said:
Just found out why I don't have the headshot animation, it's because my locale is Japan.

If I change my locale i won't be able to find japanese games I guess right?

No exploding heads after headshots sucks so hard :( It always felt pretty great, now the model just falls over ><
That's really lame :(

Were other games in the franchise censored similarly?

Miggytronz

cool_dude_2049 said:
I've been wondering; is the Locust Queen a human or what? She looks like one. How the hell could she have reign over all the locust? I've played all three of the games and I must have missed the part when/if they explained it. I shouldn't have to read the fiction to find that out...

Shes Human, read the Wiki if your curious.

Plasmid

Question. Does the instagib melee just run up
To an enemy, they explode? Any enemy? (Gunker etc). 200 wretch kills isn't Hard at all.

Also, is the combat engineer ribbon once every 10 rounds? What's the best way to unlock infinite ammo?

Plasmid

MCXC Pioneer said:
Gears 3 has had incredibly slow matchmaking. But that's on Epic's end, not Microsofts I guess.
Mine is extremely fast, besides beast mode, matchmaking never works for me on beast.

reggie

Banned
MCXC Pioneer said:
Gears 3 has had incredibly slow matchmaking. But that's on Epic's end, not Microsofts I guess.
Mine is perfectly fast and smooth, maybe it's on your end? Is your NAT moderate or closed?

MCXC Pioneer said:

Feels pretty fast to me actually, faster than most other games. Perhaps your router settings need some tweakin?

Grisby

MCXC Pioneer said:

Fast for me unless I try to get in a Beast game.

Oh, and speaking of which I was disconnected in the middle of one! Damns yous XBL, Dams yous to hells!

njean777

dmg04 said:
If you can get a competent sniper, head down to the hammer spawn and choose either side to turtle at. It REALLY is easy to 'lure' the opposing team from the high ground and poop on them.

hmmm never thought of that strategy will have to try it out next time.

zlatko said:
Okay so Live is back for me.

Who's still up for the arcade casual 4 player co-op run through? :)

getting my daughter. give me about 6 minutes and im in.

Plasmid said:
Question. Does the instagib melee just run up
To an enemy, they explode? Any enemy? (Gunker etc). 200 wretch kills isn't Hard at all.

Also, is the combat engineer ribbon once every 10 rounds? What's the best way to unlock infinite ammo?

first q: everything can explode. i just exploded a
brumak

second q: fastest way i seem to get them is:
have a second controller plugged in and signed into an account(live isnt needed). start at wave 1, get to 10. after that start fortifying yourself. pick 5 places and do it. now let the bad guys kill you, fortify again, rinse repeat, you start to get low on fund kill everything in the wave except the last one or two, let them kill you. you keep the money and fortify again. ive gotten 40 ribbons in a few hours(5-6).

2th

Banned
panama chief said:
first q: everything can explode. i just exploded a
brumak

second q: fastest way i seem to get them is:
have a second controller plugged in and signed into an account(live isnt needed). start at wave 1, get to 10. after that start fortifying yourself. pick 5 places and do it. now let the bad guys kill you, fortify again, rinse repeat, you start to get low on fund kill everything in the wave except the last one or two, let them kill you. you keep the money and fortify again. ive gotten 40 ribbons in a few hours(5-6).

dont know how you got that done
when i tried it on a brumak i just got stepped on after i bashed on it half a dozen times.

2th

Banned
Ballistik said:
Level 77 and only 270 matches played! What are we going to do once we hit 100 :/

"I made this! " is literally just that, an EPIC employee. I figured it out because PXG invited some dude who worked on Gears 3 and that was his medal too.

they also have the medal "I Made This"

K' Dash

I don't know about a brumak, but I killed 2 berzerkers on horde that way
3AQmK.gif

zlatko

Banned
Maxcer you still in? We'll start when panama is back and he'll invite us all since he has the mutators to make it even faster/easier.

2th said:
dont know how you got that done
when i tried it on a brumak i just got stepped on after i bashed on it half a dozen times.

its all about location. i hit the side, not the front. same with corpsers. gotta wait for them to raise their legs, then face slap.

Lima

You can insta gib everything beside the lambent zerker and reavers.

Other than that that you are free to melee away.

LosDaddie

Banned
K' Dash said:
Yup, campaign at the same time.

Yesterday I played with some randoms and we applied a strategy on sandbar that was working great, then 2 people left and we lost at wave 40 :( I'm sure that if we do it with gaffers we can reach wave 50 easy on that map
3AQmK.gif

Word. See you then.

And we would've cleared Horde last Friday, but those guys quit on Wave 45. We'll get it done this weekend.

Xevren said:
You're on my friends list, if you wanted I could host an Insane playthrough maybe at some point. I have both infinite ammo and super reload unlocked.

Nice! I'm still doing my first campaign playthrough, but I'll let you know when I'm ready for my Insane playthrough. I don't even want to try it without Super Reload.

K' Dash

Xamdou said:
How do you unlock the infinite ammo and super reload for campaign?

here is a list of all the mutators and the requirements to unlock them:

COMET (Easier)
Earn the gold Shock Trooper medal (for earning a certain number of First Blood ribbons)
As you roadie run, you'll build up energy, letting you ram into enemies.

INSTAGIB MELEE (Easier)
200 Wretch kills
Melee attacks explode enemies

SUPER RELOAD (Easier)
Earn the bronze Master-At-Arms medal (100 kills with each of the starting 5 weapons)
More damage and clip size for an active reload.

INFINITE AMMO (Easier)
Earn the Combat Engineer pin 100 times (worked on 5 fortifications in one deployment in Horde)
Infinite ammo for all weapons.

BIG EXPLOSIONS (Easier)
Earn the Hail Mary pin 100 times (Boomshot kill from over 200 yards away)
Bigger explosions, natch.

ENEMY REGEN (Harder)
Earn the silver Aficionado medal (for playing a certain number of chapters in Arcade mode)
Enemies will regain health over time if you don't kill them.

VAMPIRE (Harder)
Earn the Executioner pin 100 times (for having the most executions in a match)
Your health does not regenerate automatically, but you do earn health for dealing damage.

MUST ACTIVE RELOAD (Harder)
Earn the silver Active Reloader medal (for actively reloading a certain number of times)
The only way to reload is to perform an active reload.

FRIENDLY FIRE (Harder)
Complete the campaign in 4-player co-op
Teammates can cause damage to each other.

BIG HEAD (Fun)
Earn the gold Horder medal (for playing a certain number of waves in Horde)
Giant heads, "NBA Jam" style.

PINATA (Fun)
Earn the gold Investor medal (for repairing and upgrading a certain number of defenses in Horde)
Tokens drop from every kill. Picking them up earns you points.

FLOWER BLOOD (Fun)
Earn the silver King of COG medal (for earning a certain number of total points in Arcade)
All blood effects are replaced by pretty flowers.

HEADLESS CHICKEN (Fun)
Unlocked from the start
Enemies attack each other for several seconds after they lose their heads.

LAUGH TRACK (Fun)
Earn the bronze medals for Tour of Duty (Finish Campaign on Casual), For the Horde (Finish Horde on Casual), I'm A Beast (Finish Beast on Casual) and Warmonger (Finish Arcade on Casual)
Adds an audible laugh track to the game.

Edit: some of the requirements weren't right, so I updated with a more trustable source, thank you losdaddie for pointing it out.

source: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011...eapon-skins-characters-mutators-executions/4/

Apoc87

Banned
K' Dash said:
Infinite Ammo: In Horde Mode, unlock the Combat Engineer ribbon 100 times. During a round build, repair, or upgrade five fortifications to unlock this ribbon.

This ribbon cannot be obtained solo, has to be 2 or more players in the session.

LosDaddie

Banned
K' Dash said:
here is a list of all the mutators and the requirements to unlock them:

Super Reload:In Versus Mode, unlock the Bronze Master at Arms medal. Unlock this medal by scoring 300 kills with all five of the starting primary and secondary weapons.

I believe this one is supposed to be 100 kills with each starting weapon.

K' Dash said:
I have 50 of those without even trying, but I only play Horde
3AQmK.gif

Awesome. I'll help you get the other 50 so we can have Infinite Ammo for the Insane run.

K' Dash

LosDaddie said:
I believe this one is supposed to be 100 kills with each starting weapon

yeah, I updated the list with a trustable one.

LosDaddie said:
Awesome. I'll help you get the other 50 so we can have Infinite Ammo for the Insane run.

Cool, we need to get on the super reload and insta gib requirements too.

see5harp

is that 200 wretch kills in campaign only or something? How is it that I only have 3/200? I must be a terrible coop partner or something because that don't sound right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom