• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

remz

Lol. yeah server is getting hammered. I just treid via the FB thing. Got nothing. God damnit I want my green weapon goodness

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doctor West said:
For those who got the green skin, it took about 15 minutes for them to email me the code.
Did you go the FB way or the postcard way? I have a code from FB but now it wants me to enter for a chance to win, do I go through with it?

Plasmid

People on the epic forums are saying just make a new facebook over and over until you get a code that works and says they've gotten one.

But i've gotten 3 and haven't won shit, this is annoying :(.

So iv tried to get Green skins 4 times now with different emails and nothing. Any gaffer kind enough to grab me the codes if they can? it would be greatly appreciated and id remember the favor

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, I actually like the green skin, but I'm on the east coast. That's fucking stupid...guess I'll try the facebook thing.

Uh so how do I obtain a code from Facebook?

Oh and who were the people who wanted to do Beast Mode? So far I know of Doctor West and see5harp, and some guy named Jesse Tommy.

Lima, you still down?

Apparently I've already hit my limit of code entries for the day even though every time I tried to submit on the Jack in the Box website it crashed and didn't give me any kind of positive or negative decision. :/

tsigo

-Yeti said:
Uh so how do I obtain a code from Facebook?

Oh and who were the people who wanted to do Beast Mode? So far I know of Doctor West and see5harp, and some guy named Jesse Tommy.

Lima, you still down?

If it's Beast mode on insane, I do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
striKeVillain! said:
Apparently I've already hit my limit of code entries for the day even though every time I tried to submit on the Jack in the Box website it crashed and didn't give me any kind of positive or negative decision. :/

I've got two wrong so far.. not sure if I have the patience for this.

Papercuts

Plasmid said:
Failed 4 times now, if i get to 10 with no win, i'm going to assume the facebook codes won't get you gears shit. :(.

You're actually getting the site to even work? Thing won't even load for me.

Really hate these kind of "promotions" how is someone in the UK meant to get it? 250,000 limited? GTFO seriously this type of content should be on the marketplace for free for everyone now.

If anyone can grab a code for me ill name my firstborn after you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FINALLY IT WORKED.

Only took 5 tries.. still waiting on e-mail.

EDIT: Just received e-mail now. Aaaaaaaaaaaand promptly redeemed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Genesis Knight said:
I just get a server configuration error when I hit 'submit'.
Keep refreshing. It will eventually go through on the tenth try or so.

Use the gmail trick for inputting lots of emails easily people.

Me and Doctor West are on right now for some Beast on Insane. Waiting on Lima, tsigo, and see5harp. If no one shows up, I'll invite some other people.

Plasmid

enzo_gt said:
FINALLY IT WORKED.

Only took 5 tries.. still waiting on e-mail.

EDIT: Just received e-mail now. Aaaaaaaaaaaand promptly redeemed.

Wanna write gaf a guide on how you did it, including the gmail trick, but put it in the [//email] so lurkers / non members can't see?

Dug

Banned
Welp my 5 billionth try and I'm still not an instant winner. There was this one guy that was offering me Adam Fenix plus 5 infected omen skins too. (Which seems desperate, but I want 'em.) Luckily I do have other skins so I'm not that angry.

what a waste of time, the site now redirects and im left without a code, brilliant going epic/microsoft what was the point in this. No one is going to eat at the crappy jack in the box or w.e at most there gunna grab a drink to get the code.

And what about the rest of the goddamn world?

moai

StalkerUKCG said:
what a waste of time, the site now redirects and im left without a code, brilliant going epic/microsoft what was the point in this. No one is going to eat at the crappy jack in the box or w.e at most there gunna grab a drink to get the code.

this. if you are not in the us, screw you.

Just realized the skins are the ones that come with the Season Pass. Was planning on getting that anyway, so I guess this was a waste of time, lol.

Papercuts

Genesis Knight said:
Just realized the skins are the ones that come with the Season Pass. Was planning on getting that anyway, so I guess this was a waste of time, lol.

The green one? It only gives the normal liquid metal, unless it gives this one later.

StalkerUKCG said:

What rest are you talking about?

Genesis Knight said:

Nope. I got the season pass earlier today and the skins with it and 100% the liquid metal skins. The green skins are MS exclusive and for this promotion only.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Plasmid said:
Wanna write gaf a guide on how you did it, including the gmail trick, but put it in the [//email] so lurkers / non members can't see?[/QUOTE]
Not that huge of a secret but here you go:

[email]Basically I kept firefox logged into facebook (i only used one facebook account) and kept sending a friend of mine private messages when it asked me to share. Then, I filled out the form with all the same details (on facebook) except the e-mail, which I applied the gmail trick to every time I did it.

Once it gives me the code, I opened up the jackinthegame or whatever page on Chrome, entered all the details in, including the same e-mail as I put into the facebook, and clicked submit. If you don't get a page loaded, click refresh until it works.

Now, if it tells you your not a winner, DONT CLOSE YOUR FACEBOOK AND LOG INTO ANOTHER ONE, just go back to the page where you started, click get a code or w/e and do the whole sharing and information filling process again till you get another code. Helps if you have save form data on for quick input, or just click on a field and press down on your keyboard to get what you filled in last time.

Here's the trick: with chrome still open, clear all your browsing data from the past hour, cookies, everything except saved form data and passwords. Now go back to the jackinthegame page, and you can quickly put in all the form data you put in last time by just pressing down on your keyboard when you go to enter something into a field. Put the key you got from FB in again like you did before and refresh/re-do the entire cycle until it works.

Hope this made sense and it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom