• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
Not that huge of a secret but here you go:

Basically I kept firefox logged into facebook (i only used one facebook account) and kept sending a friend of mine private messages when it asked me to share. Then, I filled out the form with all the same details (on facebook) except the e-mail, which I applied the gmail trick to every time I did it.

Once it gives me the code, I opened up the jackinthegame or whatever page on Chrome, entered all the details in, including the same e-mail as I put into the facebook, and clicked submit. If you don't get a page loaded, click refresh until it works.

Now, if it tells you your not a winner, DONT CLOSE YOUR FACEBOOK AND LOG INTO ANOTHER ONE, just go back to the page where you started, click get a code or w/e and do the whole sharing and information filling process again till you get another code. Helps if you have save form data on for quick input, or just click on a field and press down on your keyboard to get what you filled in last time.

Here's the trick: with chrome still open, clear all your browsing data from the past hour, cookies, everything except saved form data and passwords. Now go back to the jackinthegame page, and you can quickly put in all the form data you put in last time by just pressing down on your keyboard when you go to enter something into a field. Put the key you got from FB in again like you did before and refresh/re-do the entire cycle until it works.

Hope this made sense and it helps.

Nice, apart from now the promotion has ended this wont work anymore :(.

Plasmid

Genesis Knight said:
Oh, k. Then I AM PISSED. :p

Yeah, no luck.

Is the FB code generator still broken for everyone else?

The skins say "XBOX"

Shitty iphone picture.

IGn1nl.jpg

Nori Chan

Guys, you are aware you can a get a free code by sending a letter to the address...right?

And I live like 2 minutes away from a jack in the box, so I'll probably hook some gaffers us. :p
if you got anything to trade, I'll be more than glad to oblige :D

Noriega said:
Guys, you are aware you can a get a free code by sending a letter to the address...right?

And I live like 2 minutes away from a jack in the box, so I'll probably hook some gaffers us. :p

Yeah, but it's not guaranteed to work, right? I mean, I think it's just a code to enter on the site and you may or may not win.

Noriega said:

if you got anything to trade, I'll be more than glad to oblige :D

Nothing to trade but hook a bro up and ill be sure to return the favor when i can. You have my word!

Plasmid

StalkerUKCG said:
In all seriousness dude.

IM SO JELLY!

They're nice, don't look anything similar to the garish which is really cool, because i don't like the garish :lol

RSTEIN said:
Is live down?

Up for me.

and yeah, haters hate my Civilian Anya, and then i shit on em. :lol

Plasmid

Mikasangelos said:
east coast FTL.

will the mailing trick work?

The mail codes could be different than the facebook codes, then again, we don't know how fast they caught on and stopped it.

Send a lot of mail = get a lot of codes = higher chance.

-Yeti said:
Good game guys. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Serapede makes everything easier. It's easier to get kills with it than with the Berserker, in my opinion. And it's pretty hard to kill too.

Adam Blade said:
Serapede makes everything easier. It's easier to get kills with it than with the Berserker, in my opinion. And it's pretty hard to kill too.
Yeah I bet. I didn't even unlock that tier. I only got up to the third with the Corpser :lol

Oh well. Ticker4lyfe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Adam Blade said:
Serapede is borderline overpowered. But I wuv it. Beserker and serapede are the top two. If your a beserker, after you hit the silverbacks its pretty much free wins, as silverbacks can kill serapedes with a single well placed rocket, but not beserkers.

Alright guys I need some help.
Me and my brother can't beat wave 20 for the life of us. It seems like by then we waste all of our money and our defenses are completely worthless. The berserkers make it really difficult to focus on the drones because they just run right up to you.

Any tips?

Dabanton

I keep getting astonished by just how good this game looks was in a section of the game where trains are going past it was stunning.

MCXC Pioneer said:
Scorchers

Seriously? Every time I use them locust just dive roll out of the way.

MCXC Pioneer said:
Ok I'll say it.

I don't think Gears 3 is as jaw dropping visually as a lot of people in this thread. It looks...okay. The 360 is showing its age.

It is gorgeous but I know what you mean. So far there hasn't been a scene like this for me.

gears-of-war-2-screenshot-2.jpg

That is just the consoles showing their age. Not so many leaps anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom