• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

wtf is this about the green skin, was looking forward to that. Thought it would be a giveaway like the Griffin code.

Talked to some of my American friends they haven't got any in their state otherwise could have tried to get one :(. No chance over here in the UK.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
malfcn said:
Time to get my buddy back in California eating there daily til he gets skins.
How is it gone? The page has GOW3, BF3, and some other game saying 'enter a code for a chance to win'

dmg04 said:
How is it gone? The page has GOW3, BF3, and some other game saying 'enter a code for a chance to win'

It's not gone; you can get free codes through Facebook and that method is temporarily down due to heavy traffic/exploitation.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
lol, i'll head to jack in the box and get 3 large drinks. PM me you two peeps that are currently talking and i'll see what i can do. fingers crossed they're all winnars

What's all this green skin talk? Are they still giving them out at Jack in the Box? And..with what? I'm pretty close to a few of them and I'll be out all day tomorrow. Depending on what crap I have to buy I could pick up a few. I live in California.

JambiBum

dmg04 said:
lol, i'll head to jack in the box and get 3 large drinks. PM me you two peeps that are currently talking and i'll see what i can do. fingers crossed they're all winnars
You aren't a junior anymore! Probably thanks to the gears thread.

I'm going to pm you.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
What's all this green skin talk? Are they still giving them out at Jack in the Box? And..with what? I'm pretty close to a few of the and I'll be out all day tomorrow. Depending on what crap I have to buy I could pick up a few. I live in California.

yeah large drink or large combo. also if u manage to get a few could i get one? =)

dmg04 said:

Winners? So...not every drink or whatever gets a code, it's a contest?

Ballistik

Ajemsuhgao said:
Winners? So...not every drink or whatever gets a code, it's a contest?
You get a code that you put on a website in HOPES that it's a winner.

Anyways, I rocked out my green skin today thanks to a generous Gaffer. :D

zlatko

Banned
panama chief said:
Hold on to that code. I'm trying for more green skins first thing tomorrow morning.

Green skins you say? Color me interested. ;)

Also, I'll be on from now till like another 15ish hours, but of course will have to dip in and out here and there.

Let me know when you want to pick up where we left off. :)

DRE Fei

The facebook page hasn't been working, but the code you get from the drink still works on the website. I just got mine 5 minutes ago.

2th said:
I have an Adam Fenix to trade if you want it

Video is a hack job. i have that on very good authority.

He posted Trashball drone video, whats your authority to call it fake?

Edit: if someone can snag me a green skin code ill love your forever. Help a gaf bro out.

DRE Fei

Xamdou said:
So buy one drink from Jack in the Crack and get the entire green skin pack for all weapons or one per weapon?
It's for all rifles and shottys.

I've purchased 3 drinks in the last 2 days and have won 2 prizes (one was an assassin's creed theme). That is either an isolated incident, or the chances of winning are just really high right now. Jack is going to make tons of money, but not from me anymore because I'm not that thirsty.

Xamdou

DRE Fei said:
It's for all rifles and shottys.

I've purchased 3 drinks in the last 2 days and have won 2 prizes. That is either an isolated incident, or the chances of winning are just really high right now. Jack is going to make tons of money, but not from me anymore because I'm not that thirsty.

Cool, what size drinks? And the drinks are advertised as Gears 3 and includes a code?

DRE Fei

Xamdou said:
Cool, what size drinks? And the drinks are advertised as Gears 3 and includes a code?
It has to be a large and yeah mine had the gears 3 logo on it.

I just realized those drinks are like $2.09 now. I didn't even pay attention because I got the combo meal. I don't remember them being that high before. I think they raised the price for this promotion. Gatdamn Jack, you sneaky bastard!
mp105_jack_in_the_box.jpg

unomas

Banned
tsigo said:
Using the SOS to get 100 kills so I can unlock Super Reload. Forgive me, GAF.

Don't feel bad, I just used the SOS and Retro going 16 and 2 on Mercy in TDM. Felt damn good too, my days with the Gnasher are over unless they change the weapon balance. The SOS just makes it too easy at close range, Gnasher players don't have a chance if they can even get to me when I have the Retro to keep them at bay. So many SOS users in online ranked matches it's crazy, and definitely more kill stealing in ranked matches as well. I almost prefer quick match for that reason alone, but do whatever it takes to get kills, there are much easier weapons in the game to get kills with than the SOS that require a hell of a lot less skill.

Raxus

tsigo said:
I ended up doing it in private matches against bots. Way faster and didn't annoy anyone in the process.
Basically the best way to earn most of your medals and mutators. Play a game mode with unlimited respawns against casual bots and go to town.

Sh0k

If any one wants to trade a green skin code, I have an Skorpion Character Avatar Costume and a Neatherealm T-Shirt for your Avatar. PM me if interested.

Volimar

I heard about the code and I was :)

Then I saw it was Jack in the Box only and we don't have those in Ohio and I was :(

Then I saw you could get a code from Facebook and I was :D

Then I saw that the facebook page for getting the code no longer exists and I was: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
tsigo said:
Using the SOS to get 100 kills so I can unlock Super Reload. Forgive me, GAF.
It's k. Nothing wrong with using an inferior weapon that people don't know how to deal with.

Tawpgun

enzo_gt said:
It's k. Nothing wrong with using an inferior weapon that people don't know how to deal with.
lol.

no.

When I see someone has a sawed off I hope to god someone still has their grenades or something. Otherwise there is no way to beat it without getting lucky.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A27 Tawpgun said:
lol.

no.

When I see someone has a sawed off I hope to god someone still has their grenades or something. Otherwise there is no way to beat it without getting lucky.
How about you don't keep your gnasher out at all times expecting close combat and putting yourself in that situation and actually shoot them with your rifles as they move in since you can so visibly see them coming?

Simple, but it works. Stop putting yourself in disadvantaged situations. Disadvantaged situations that are avoidable.

Falagard

enzo_gt said:
How about you don't keep your gnasher out at all times expecting close combat and putting yourself in that situation and actually shoot them with your rifles as they move in since you can so visibly see them coming?

Simple, but it works. Stop putting yourself in disadvantaged situations. Disadvantaged situations that are avoidable.

Wow, really? In the real world, what happens is any situation where Close Quarter Battles occur, of which there are plenty because this is Gears, the SoS is overpowered. It takes less skill, barely having to aim to get a kill, and then when/if the SoS user misses he just wall jumps and rolls around the plethora of cover that Gears provides until he can reload.

I'm sick of people defending this overpowered starting weapon. What the fuck - it is pretty much ruining the game and people are still like "Just keep it at bay with your rifles?". Great, let's just completely discard the close quarter fighting that Gears is famous for because of this stupid weapon.

Tawpgun

enzo_gt said:

Oh if I could keep them in rifle range I would. I always have my trusty lancer out until I know I have to get in close.

The problem you're not addressing is how all SOS players behave. Campy as hell. They can even run in between cover with no consequence because as powerful as the rifles are in this game (compared to the others) they won't be able to stop someone moving between close covers.

So, an SOS player is camping in some location. I'm out of grenades. No power weapon... how the fuck do I deal with that. I guess I can try and go in and AIM and get a gib, but even at max gib distance for the gnasher, the SOS can gib too, without aiming.

Playing agaisnt a group of players with sawed offs is incredibly aggravating as it turns into a game of turtling and waiting for power weapons/nades to spawn (if playing respawning gametype) if you're playing Warzone or Execution... LOL good luck.

The SOS is balanced on paper because the gnasher is far more versatile and is the only "clutch" gun of the game. But when you run into it gameplay is interupted and that flow you had with rifle and gnasher is broken.

If you played Reach, it suffers from the same problem. Armor Abilities like sprint or jetpack are far more versatile, but when a player Armor Locks on you it's incredibly aggravting. An isntant save me button, whereas the SOS is a guaranteed kill.

Detox

I'm with enzo on this one, you can just hammerburst them and the SOS user usually chokes firing off the round to early and then it is just a matter of finishing them off. If there is a guy constantly camping with it then once you know who it is stay away from him and just try to hit from far if you can't hit him just don't engage with him or rush him with a teammate from either side. A couple of SOS kills doesn't make it OP. I've yet to see anyone win a match and be MVP with the SOS.

-PXG-

A27 Tawpgun said:
Oh if I could keep them in rifle range I would. I always have my trusty lancer out until I know I have to get in close.

The problem you're not addressing is how all SOS players behave. Campy as hell. They can even run in between cover with no consequence because as powerful as the rifles are in this game (compared to the others) they won't be able to stop someone moving between close covers.

So, an SOS player is camping in some location. I'm out of grenades. No power weapon... how the fuck do I deal with that. I guess I can try and go in and AIM and get a gib, but even at max gib distance for the gnasher, the SOS can gib too, without aiming.

Playing agaisnt a group of players with sawed offs is incredibly aggravating as it turns into a game of turtling and waiting for power weapons/nades to spawn (if playing respawning gametype) if you're playing Warzone or Execution... LOL good luck.

The SOS is balanced on paper because the gnasher is far more versatile and is the only "clutch" gun of the game. But when you run into it gameplay is interupted and that flow you had with rifle and gnasher is broken.

If you played Reach, it suffers from the same problem. Armor Abilities like sprint or jetpack are far more versatile, but when a player Armor Locks on you it's incredibly aggravting. An isntant save me button, whereas the SOS is a guaranteed kill.

Holy shit. I fuckin love you.

Miggytronz

want a Green skin for your guns for free!

http://www.jacksgotgame.com/ (New site compared to last night)

Click Get code and follow directions.

DONE!

I send a few 3x5s with different names and addresses to get more codes.

OR if you know someone on the west coast near a Jack in the Box ask them to hook you up.

enzo_gt said:

I keep my Lancer out primarily (I have third tier assist medal and second tier Lancer medal) and it does a good job of gunning down SOS rushers. When facing them, I will retreat continuously while training fire on them until I either down them, kill them or they give up and run away with their tail tucked between their legs.

Unfortunately, getting creamed by the SOS is not always avoidable. It's even worse when you face an entire team of them in a close quarters oriented map and they all swarm on you like ants. You can't always tell what gun the player is using until they get close enough that you can make it out and by that time it may be too late, especially if you are outnumbered. This is multiplied when playing with an incompetent team.

I don't get killed by it that often anymore but it just feels cheap when they actually get you because you know the guy didn't even have to aim. I really hate when I am trying to escape or when I'm firing my Lancer while backpedaling and the enemy just rolls and bounces through my fire and then gibs me from 5 feet away just by pointing in my general direction. It's like a close-medium range boomshot. Occasionally, I will pick up a SOS dropped by users and just decimate the other team with it and it feels dirty.

I don't particularly have a problem with the weapon being in the game but I definitely feel that it needs more balancing.

Mikasangelos said:

DONE!

OR if you know someone on the west coast near a Jack in the Box ask them to hook you up.

Dude sorry to be a burden but can you grab me a set of codes? I can seem to get anything to work. UK freaking sucks. GearsGAF Bro's Unite?

Miggytronz

StalkerUKCG said:
Dude sorry to be a burden but can you grab me a set of codes? I can seem to get anything to work. UK freaking sucks. GearsGAF Bro's Unite?

I am sending several cards with various addresses so help my chances.

Like sending one with my home address, my inlaws, my parents ect.

LosDaddie

Banned
Mikasangelos said:

DONE!

Do what now? I have to register?

plz send me a code

zlatko said:
Green skins you say? Color me interested. ;)

Also, I'll be on from now till like another 15ish hours, but of course will have to dip in and out here and there.

Let me know when you want to pick up where we left off. :)

im ready to go.

Tawpgun

Detox said:
I'm with enzo on this one, you can just hammerburst them and the SOS user usually chokes firing off the round to early and then it is just a matter of finishing them off. If there is a guy constantly camping with it then once you know who it is stay away from him and just try to hit from far if you can't hit him just don't engage with him or rush him with a teammate from either side. A couple of SOS kills doesn't make it OP. I've yet to see anyone win a match and be MVP with the SOS.

What if he's holed up in an unflankable position, and there are many in this game.

What if its a 1 on 1 scenario?

Either way, you're basically saying if someones has a sawed off you BACK THE FUCK UP and/or find help.

A gun that you START with has that effect on people and you're ok with that?

zlatko

Banned
The only gun I can recommend if you are in a game with SOS campers, or a lot of SOS users on the other team, is the Lancer. Lancer in the hands of a better player should win around 60% of the time against a SOS given the situation.

They are far away trying to get to you? Lancer has plenty of bullets and a long clip before you have to reload. Hburst/Retro deal with lower ammo clips, so if you fuck up aim or they rush when you reload, you leave yourself too open.

They are camping around a corner? Rev your saw up, and go at the correct angle. You will either win, or it will trade so you both die.

They come in, fuck up their shot and are now wall hopping to reload and try again? Chainsaw them or hip fire spray. I recommend chainsaw thanks to its vacuum effect. If they try to run away, you can shoot them in their ass with a LONG clip.

60% is as good as it's going to get, and that fluctuates depending on dedicated servers being up and if your opponent is smart or not. Spend some time with it, and you'll start to see it's your best bet other than a power weapon to combat them.

zlatko

Banned
panama chief said:
im ready to go.

I'm ready too. Where's a Maxcer and Scarecrow when you need them? :(

Oh and I don't know if you know, but we had to stop yesterday because your controller turned off probably due to low batteries. ; ;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom