• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting season pass until they fix shit and put in server notification.

Meh, who am I kidding. It'll probably take another 6 TUs until they figure it all out.

im ready to finish up our arcade run zlatko

Also playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches, the Horde Command Pack promises to extend your “Gears of War 3” experience with countless hours of multiplayer mayhem on Xbox LIVE.

anyone else worried these maps are only playable in horde/private matches?

I remember seeing the three maps in the horde leaderboard section. I just can't remember if i seen them in the ranked/quickmatch leaderboards too.

Horde upgrades sound really sweet, quite an upgrade so soon after release though I would have thought maps and characters only for the first dlc since horde is still supplying the fun as it is.

Will buy.

zlatko

Banned
panama you still there?

maxcer is ready to go, and so am I.

Just need you and scarecrow to be good to go so we can hit up the rest of arcade co-op. :)

Scarecrow

zlatko said:
panama you still there?

maxcer is ready to go, and so am I.

Just need you and scarecrow to be good to go so we can hit up the rest of arcade co-op. :)
I'm here! Going to boot up my box and I'll be ready to go.

cresto

Major Nelson said:
Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack Available Nov. 1

Today Microsoft and Epic Games announced the Horde Command Pack game add-on for Gears of War 3 is launching Nov. 1.

While you review the high rez screen shots I’ve posted, here are the details directly from the press release (with my emphasis) :

Taking you deeper into the fight with three explosive new maps, three new playable characters, two new weapon skins, and additional achievements worth 250 Gamerscore, the Horde Command Pack also includes new fortification upgrades to help you mow down the Lambent and Locust threats in the fan-favorite Horde mode.

Available for 800 Microsoft Points or for download automatically to consumers who have purchased the “Gears of War 3” Season Pass, which entitles you to the game’s first four game add-ons at a 33 percent discount, the Horde Command Pack includes:

Three spectacular new maps:

Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:

Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
New characters:

Onyx Guard
Big Rig Dizzy
Bernie
New weapon skins:

Team Plasma
Jungle Camo
Also playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches, the Horde Command Pack promises to extend your “Gears of War 3” experience with countless hours of multiplayer mayhem on Xbox LIVE.
Looks awesome

K' Dash

It's amazing how this thread moves at daytime when I'm at work and obviously can't join you, but at night not a single soul comes asking people to play any mode...

Yeah, I'm bitter.

I hope everybody here gets this DLC.

Just tried Beast mode for the first time. GOD DAMN, it was easy.

I thought it would be the difficulty equivalent of Horde only condensed into 12 rounds. I was wrong, very wrong. Could probably solo it if I want to. I also noticed people were joining a few rounds in unlike Horde.

A. Carmine
B. Carmine
C. Carmine
D. Carmine
Onyx Guard

Team Power Ranger.

Anyone know if D.Carmine is female? There aren't any fully armored females in the game :(

cresto

Apparently the first piece of DLC costs $10. So does this mean we get 4 DLCs for $10 over the next year? And if they are all $10, we get one for free with the season pass?

_dementia said:
A. Carmine
B. Carmine
C. Carmine
D. Carmine
Onyx Guard

Team Power Ranger.

Anyone know if D.Carmine is female? There aren't any fully armored females in the game :(
It's supposed to be a dude, but who knows, I guess.

malfcn

No Quick or Ranked Versus?

see5harp

The funniest thing I've heard in months came last night playing KOTH with Ballistik. A whole team of SOS players started talking shit about Lancer abuse after we beat them on Checkout. Really? The SOS players are now feeling villified and have resorted to complaining about the Lancer?

Ballistik

see5harp said:
The funniest thing I've heard in months came last night playing KOTH with Ballistik. A whole team of SOS players started talking shit about Lancer abuse after we beat them on Checkout. Really? The SOS players are now feeling villified and have resorted to complaining about the Lancer?
Yeah I can't believe they were crying over the lancer. Then that one game where I got a message being accused of host. Ridiculous.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
REV 09 said:
i tried to learn from your leet skills, but i found none....only excess kills.

The point of the game is to get kills and avoid deaths. It doesn't matter how you go about it.

see5harp

I am sorta realizing that the Lancer is the rifle to beat in objective modes with that gigantic magazine. I can usually get downs at will with the hammerburst but many times I miss the kill shot because of a reload or revive. With the Lancer you get an active and aim at that head with team fire and you can really rack up the kills.

malfcn

I have only played Horde a few times, haven't got into it yet. Someone already said Joe confirmed the press release was correct.

K' Dash

see5harp said:

Ugh, all the people I used to play Gears with love the SOS, I'm not playing competitive until they fix that shit, Horde will be getting all my love.

LowParry

K' Dash said:
Ugh, all the people I used to play Gears with love the SOS, I'm not playing competitive until they fix that shit, Horde will be getting all my love.

It's rough going in Horde alone or with one or two friends. People tend to just leave. :(

h3ro

Wait, so Overpass and Sandbar, two very Horde focused maps, will stay in the rotation but we won't even have the option to have the new three maps in matchmaking MP?
How's that make any sense?

Ballistik

I really love Koth for those intensely close games where people are playing for the objective. It's just really neat to see people sacrificing themselves for a break, or when you see the entire team running to the next objective spawn before it's even there. If only SOS wasn't so prevalent, but oh well. That's the price to pay for those games.

Lothars

malfcn said:
I have only played Horde a few times, haven't got into it yet. Someone already said Joe confirmed the press release was correct.
That's frustrating, I hope that they will correct it because I want more maps in versus as well even though I haven't played a whole lot of Versus yet.

I guess they don't wanna fracture the community two months in with those who have the maps and those who don't. But fuck that noise, I'm tired of playing on the same 6-7 maps in Ranked

see5harp

K' Dash said:

I'm actually not at all pissed about the SOS. In actuality yea if an entire team is using SOS and rushing, you have to switch things up. Get them from distance with rilfe fire or throw grenades. I haven't lost a single Ranked game of KOTH and have played plenty of SOS teams.

TRios Zen

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I guess they don't wanna fracture the community two months in with those who have the maps and those who don't. But fuck that noise, I'm tired of playing on the same 6-7 maps in Ranked

Sorry - at work now, so what did I miss? Three new maps wont be available in the versus multiplayer modes??

malfcn said:
Someone already said Joe confirmed the press release was correct.
Are you kidding me? What the fuck. :/

Not buying the DLC until it hits and I see actual confirmation from other players. What a load of bullshit if true.

Ballistik

see5harp said:
I'm actually not at all pissed about the SOS. In actuality yea if an entire team is using SOS and rushing, you have to switch things up. Get them from distance with rilfe fire or throw grenades. I haven't lost a single Ranked game of KOTH and have played plenty of SOS teams.
Yeah, lancer does work on the SOS. I recall one instance last night on Gridlock where the objective was by the pistol, I was in the circle when three guys with SOS come rushing at me. Wasn't a problem to down all three in that little narrow hallway leading to the circle when I started lancering them. Of course our random 5th we had was using the SOS and blasted my downs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom