• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

dmg04 said:
Yeah, any medal requiring you to die is pretty lame.

take a tip from Bungie and the Reach challenges;
"Get a killing spree twice in a single match"
this means you have to get 5 kills, die, and get 5 more kills. You can't just get 10, because while a 'killing frenzy' is a type of killing spree, it isn't the literal 'killing spree'. soooooo many people over on bungie.net were pissed about that.
Really? I've been playing reach for a good minute and if I got a killing frenzy I would get the challenge.

ShaneB

Ramirez said:
I don't really understand the point of medals and the Seriously achievement if you can just cheese them in private matches with friends, eh...

aCHEESEments.

Anyways, new maps look cool, but aren't these the ones on the disc anyway? Stupid. Also, not in MP playlists? Again, stupid. :(

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Noriega said:
Really? I've been playing reach for a good minute and if I got a killing frenzy I would get the challenge.
Depends; If you play firefight and the challenge is 'get five sprees', it doesn't matter what spree you get- they all count.

If the challenge is 'Get two killing sprees in a multiplayer match', you have to get two literal 5 in a row killing sprees. Or at least that's how it was the 7 or 8 times i had to do that silly challenge

Having three new maps NOT usable in matchmaking is just...I'm upset about that shit, fo real. Love this game, but tired of playing the same half dozen maps, rushing to the same two power weapon spawns, over and over

Xamdou

Just got the skin pack code from Jack In the Crack, redeemed it and it's called the Green Liquid Metal Weapon Skin Pack. I'll post pictures of it later after I get home from work.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Having three new maps NOT usable in matchmaking is just...I'm upset about that shit, fo real. Love this game, but tired of playing the same half dozen maps, rushing to the same two power weapon spawns, over and over
Not to mention one of these maps has been in rotation since 2006

Rynge

Neo Member
pretty sure you'll be able to use the new maps in public because the article says "ALSO" usable in horde and private... which implies they will be usable somewhere else... and i doubt they mean beast.

Rynge said:
pretty sure you'll be able to use the new maps in public because the article says "ALSO" usable in horde and private... which implies they will be usable somewhere else... and i doubt they mean beast.
I just wish Epic would come right out ant confirm it or issue a clarification.

LeonSKennedy90 said:

we should keep in mind that none of this speculation has been confirmed. it didn't come from Epic, it was majornelson who announced this.

im worried because it's called the "Horde Command Pack".it also said playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/04/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-available-nov-1/

Willeth

maxcer0081 said:
we should keep in mind that none of this speculation has been confirmed. it didn't come from Epic, it was majornelson who announced this.
Nah, the language on Larry's site comes directly from the press release for the DLC.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Headed to Jack in the box right now.

Is there a limit to how many codes i can redeem/Are the codes on the actual cups or on the receipt?

Arjen

They really need to show if the servers up, i swear i had really weird connection issues just now. That with a nothing but SoS users is really almost worse then Gears 2 MP at launch..

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
LeonSKennedy90 said:

I'd wait for official word, because it's ridiculous to believe that they wouldn't put them in Matchmaking.

Rynge

Neo Member
maxcer0081 said:

im worried because it's called the "Horde Command Pack".it also said playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/04/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-available-nov-1/

oh yeah it says beast and private versus, i kept thinking they put horde and not beast... damn now im scared.

Miggytronz

dmg04 said:
Headed to Jack in the box right now.

Is there a limit to how many codes i can redeem/Are the codes on the actual cups or on the receipt?

you get the code from the cup. Then input it on that link i posted earlier. Then you get your Green skin code.

Thats how i understand it.

But from what i heard they ran out of that Green Skin code. some 250,000 were already claimed.

Mikasangelos said:
you get the code from the cup. Then input it on that link i posted earlier. Then you get your Green skin code.

But from what i heard they ran out of that Green Skin code. some 250,000 were already claimed.
Damn, skins are serious business.

Addnan

Green skin looks sweet, some guy posted like 7 on epic forums. All were used with seconds lol.

I offer 1 month gold to anyone for a code :p

see5harp

dmg04 said:
Not to mention one of these maps has been in rotation since 2006

While I am sorta getting sick of certain maps I feel like Gridlock plays different than it once did at least with modes like KOTH.

EDIT: I do sympathize with people grinding for specific medals like the revenge one. But that and the play as a female one are the only ones I would find particularly annoying. The other ones will come when they come. I'll be playing for a long long time.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Mikasangelos said:

I'm calling bullshit on that.

Rynge

Neo Member
pretty sure those 250,000 codes were the ones for Facebook, which (last i heard) were already used up. that's where i got mine from.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wow. You can do it against bots?

So say you use these mutators. Start a campaign, I guess arcade only. Do they apply to people joining your lobby too or do they have to unlock it also?

Miggytronz

Kadey said:

So say you use these mutators. Start a campaign, I guess arcade only. Do they apply to people joining your lobby too or do they have to unlock it also?

applies to the whole room.

DRE Fei

Kadey said:

They apply to everyone joining the lobby. No unlocking for them required as long as the host has it.

pr0cs

MCXC Pioneer said:
any tips on how to get better at KOTH? I'm terrible right now.
Play with friends or people you know aren't idiots. Quick match on KOTH can be an exercise in frustration when it devolves into randoms thinking it's team deathmatch part 2 and ignore there are actual objectives to take care of.

see5harp

MCXC Pioneer said:

This really applies to every mode but don't rush blindly if the other guys know you are there. Flank whenever possible and know who is in control of the power weapons. Travel in groups and pick guys off with your rifle whenever possible. I think Ballistik gets the bulk of his points by just kills alone, but I know for a fact his is always looking to break, spot enemies (you get a lot of assist points just doing this throughout a match), and knowing when to switch weapons. Sometimes it's better to leave an area and go for a power weapon or try to anticipate where the hill is moving next.

EDIT: Also on levels like Overpass and Hotel, a lot of the time everyone just rushes the first hill and the 2nd power weapon is there for the taking. Tell your teammates you are going to grab the digger/boomshot and immediately flank around their backs. Even if they took the hill, you may now surprise them because in many cases they will not have noticed you picking up the weapon with the chaos of the opening battle.

Lima

DRE Fei said:
They apply to everyone joining the lobby. No unlocking for them required as long as the host has it.

The host doesn't even need them. As long as someone in the party has them unlocked the host can use them.

Arjen

MCXC Pioneer said:

First of all, play with friends.
Always be aware where your teammates are, there's no sense in making a rush for the hill if you're up against 5 man alone, wait till your teammates come.
Have a feeling where the next hill wil be, it tends to move in similar ways, don't push for a hil with 5 seconds on the clock, position yourself so you are near teammates and a possible new hill.
Control the frags/ boomshot/ digger. Those can be deadly when pushing for a hill.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Got 3 skin codes

1 for me and 2 for the people who already claimed.

GG, Jack!

edit- and yes, i bought 4 large sodas.

1 was an assassins creed code, and i also got 2 free tacos!

Volimar

dmg04 said:
Got 3 skin codes

GG, Jack!

Wow, lucky guy!

dmg04 said:
Got 3 skin codes

GG, Jack!

so what code is on the cup? the actual skin or the code to give it a try on the jack website?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Wow, Epic, WOW. The maps aren't playable in public versus:

GearsViking said:
To answer a bunch of questions, Horde Command Pack maps are only available for player hosted gametypes like Horde, Beast and Private MP

First $45 skins and now this.

Miggytronz

dmg04 said:
Got 3 skin codes

GG, Jack!

horse shit. hate being on the East Coast. More importantly Virginia.....No white castle either.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
panama chief said:
so what code is on the cup? the actual skin or the code to give it a try on the jack website?
On each cup is a little tab that you can rip off, ala Mcdonalds Monopoly style.

The tab has a code for random stuff like Free Tacos, 25% extra on trade ins at gamestop, etc

on the actual cup, though, is a code you put on the site. the site gives you asscreed stuff, gears skins, and other shit.

Gears codes are plentiful, seeing as though i got 3 our of my 4 cups..

Miggytronz

dmg04 said:
On each cup is a little tab that you can rip off, ala Mcdonalds Monopoly style.

The tab has a code for random stuff like Free Tacos, 25% extra on trade ins at gamestop, etc

on the actual cup, though, is a code you put on the site. the site gives you asscreed stuff, gears skins, and other shit.

Gears codes are plentiful, seeing as though i got 3 our of my 4 cups..

well if you find grace in your heart i can paypal you for your efforts to get me one sometime.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I'll hit up Jack again later tonight.

What's really pissing me off, though, is the fact that they use one soda nozzle for all sodas

all of my cokes taste like fucking fanta and sprite. gross.

dmg04 said:

good to know. i have a cousin in cali who thinks jack is the best thing since the mc nugget. gonna call in a favor. i got the skin, but gaffers need a hand(and i need adam fenix).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom